Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Northampton 7

tranmere 11

forear green 16

port vale 10

exeter 14

everyone sayinf were not scoring enough thats how many goals teams have scored in the last ten league games. Not seeing the big problem everyone is on about? And thats the teams that are gunning for the auto places. If you keep games tight like we are doing you dont need to be a free scoring team to pick up results. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Northampton 7

tranmere 11

forear green 16

port vale 10

exeter 14

everyone sayinf were not scoring enough thats how many goals teams have scored in the last ten league games. Not seeing the big problem everyone is on about? And thats the teams that are gunning for the auto places. If you keep games tight like we are doing you dont need to be a free scoring team to pick up results. 

Northampton and Tranmere have been low scorers all season, but they both have the best defensive record. Forest Green have been in dodgy form of late, winning only one of their last 5 games. Our overall record for goals scored is fine, but that's because of the performances earlier on in the season when we were actually creating bundles of chances every game. That team and this one of the last 6, 7 or 8 weeks is like night and day.

1 minute ago, Beech said:

Northampton and Tranmere have been low scorers all season, but they both have the best defensive record. Forest Green have been in dodgy form of late, winning only one of their last 5 games.

So ? Your whole argument is we will miss out any success this season due to lack of goals but then go on to mention 2 of the top 3 have been successful as well as being low scorers all season 🤣🤣

Just now, Vale1995 said:

So ? Your whole argument is we will miss out any success this season due to lack of goals but then go on to mention 2 of the top 3 have been successful as well as being low scorers all season 🤣🤣

So you're ignoring the part then where I make it quite clear that I'm talking about the last number of weeks and not the season as a whole then? About right for you.

My point is just because were not knocking 3/4 past teams doesnt mean we cant do well as some of you are claiming that this is the downfall of our season. Just save the assessments of our season until it's complete because from what im aware nothing is decided in march 👍🏻

So you're ignoring the part then where I make it quite clear that I'm talking about the last number of weeks and not the season as a whole then? About right for you.

Yes and we are scoring a similar amount of goals as the teams above us so how does that make sense 

17 minutes ago, Row L said:

I'm not sure why we have stopped doing that because when we have used it (FGR) we have battered teams. We are getting tothe time in the season where we need to go for broke and win games ... win one, loose one is a better return that drawing both

How dare you not say that the performance wasn't anything but wonderful and scintilating. Who the <ovf censored> do you think you are?

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Yes and we are scoring a similar amount of goals as the teams above us so how does that make sense 

No point knocking when nobody is home. We'll agree to disagree. But the fact is we have drawn 5 of the last 7 games, and in the last 10 games we've not scored more than one goal 8 times. If you think that's promotion form then knock yourself out.

21 minutes ago, Row L said:

I didn't think it was an all round bad performance - we were definitely the better side for 80% of the game, but I felt that we slowed it down too much and needed to get the forward passes off sooner. After Hussey and Pett went off, we seemed to start to be ore adventurous in our approach, move the ball faster and look to get behind them ... much like the start of the season with a higher press. I'm not sure why we have stopped doing that because when we have used it (FGR) we have battered teams. We are getting tothe time in the season where we need to go for broke and win games ... win one, loose one is a better return that drawing both

Win one and lose one your right is better than drawing both. However winning one and drawing one is better than what youve suggested 🤣

No point knocking when nobody is home. We'll agree to disagree. But the fact is we have drawn 5 of the last 7 games, and in the last 10 games we've not scored more than one goal 8 times. If you think that's promotion form then knock yourself out.

I must be looking at the wrong table im seeing us 6 points behind the last automatic place with 2 games in hand 

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I must be looking at the wrong table im seeing us 6 points behind the last automatic place with 2 games in hand 

And if we draw both of those games, which are the most likely results all things considered, we'll be 4 points behind.

Just now, Beech said:

And if we draw both of those games, which are the most likely results all things considered, we'll be 4 points behind.

Even if we did draw both i would take being 4 points off autos at this time of the season

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Even if we did draw both i would take being 4 points off autos at this time of the season

I have no problem with that. But in my opinion we should be performing better and picking up more points than we currently are, and have been for a number of weeks.

4 hours ago, Osh said:

I disagree. Proctor is an excellent player and an animal to play against. He'd be my first name on the team sheet.

BUT he's just coming back from injury. Players do get injured. 

When fit, as we've all seen, he's a killer against other teams. 

BUT, again, he - like Wilson, will need time to get fully match fit. 

Yeah he’s great. I completely agree. Think he’s brill for this level and would do a job in the league above. However he ain’t championship quality and his past record supports that. He’s class for us though and for me, him Conlon and gibbons are first names on the team sheet 

22 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Exactly, Im not going to read through all these posts but it appears plenty of head wobbeling going on as much as on Face Ache. 42 points still to play for, at worse play offs but I hope automatic. Keep the faith and get behind the team in what has been the most difficult of times due to unforseen cercumstances out of the clubs control that I have witnessed in all the years i have been going.

Archived