onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Beech said:

That's just it. It was yet another game where I never felt that we really went for it at any point where 3 points were there to be won. Yes, we came close with that late Wilson effort. But we spend too much time looking like we're just going through the motions in games to a large extent and it's been that way for months now. I feel we would have won last nights game comfortably earlier on in the season when we were generally moving the ball much more quicker.

We’re you there Beechy ?  We were in the seats on the side and  in the first half we spent almost the entire 45 minutes looking up the other end of the pitch at the goal which Vale were attacking. Virtually none of the game was in the half of the pitch Vale were defending. We most certainly went for it. 

Advert

30 minutes ago, Beech said:

Aren't you the knuckle dragger that offered me out some weeks ago for having a differing opinion?

Don't make me tell on you to your Mommy. Or maybe I should post your pathetic messages you sent to my inbox for all to see? 😂

Post them, because I’ve never messaged you. 

Aren’t you the snowflake who got me banned and reported me to admin last time because you are a cowards with no face, no name and not even in the country?

It’s that kind of false flexing you do on regular basis, it’s cool pal, everyone here knows you are a keyboard troll at home in Belgium, at best you are a wannabe manager.

Ironic how you give out the ‘give your head a wobble posts’ yet you cried to admin last time I called you out and got me banned for a week 😂😂😂😂😂😅

Shall I post the messages of support I’ve got in calling you out for being a complete clown 🤡 🤡 🤡??

My messages exist unlike yours.

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We’re you there Brecht?  We were in the seats on the side and  in the first half we spent almost the entire 45 minutes looking up the other end of the pitch at the goal which Vale were attacking. Virtually none of the game was in the half of the pitch Vale were defending. We most certainly went for it. 

He wants to make his point though, it’s the ‘Majority View’ apparently. 🥱

Since the start of 2021 we have played 11 league  games and scored 11 goals and conceded 9 . That says it all to me, dont score many but dont leak many in. Appreciate we have had a bad run of injuries and have players coming back but they come back slowly and its many weeks before they are back to the player they were, if they ever do.

We have 14 games to go and Im expecting something similar over these remaining games , seen nothing to suggest anything different. Appreciate we have gone on crazy runs in the past , think we need one now.

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We’re you there Brecht?  We were in the seats on the side and  in the first half we spent almost the entire 45 minutes looking up the other end of the pitch at the goal which Vale were attacking. Virtually none of the game was in the half of the pitch Vale were defending. We most certainly went for it. 

We had more of the ball but what did we actually create yet again? Not a lot. We still looked a slow and pedestrian team, albeit workmanlike and organised as usual. If that's us really going for it you're clearly watching a different team to the one I am.

32 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im struggling to see why all the negativity its like we are expected to win every game at the moment. We are consistently picking up points if we carry on the way we are we will get play offs. 

last night i saw glimpses of things coming together. We still have to play most teams around us if we can knick a couple of results agaisnt them we will fly into the play offs. We are keeping in touch with everyone around us. Constant slating of people like edmunson is uncalled for if proctor had scored 2 in 2 we would all be creaming off him but not the case with ryan. 

cooper was excellent last night looked a threat everytime he got on it. 

i see no signs of any reason to be calling the season over its going to be close but we are right in it so why not try just getting behind the boys and see where we end up because the supporters can have a real say in where we finish as if we get behind them in the big home games we have left that could be the difference rather than writing players off after one start for us as some fans have done 🤣

I don't see too many people saying the season is suddenly over. But it's pretty clear that we're not scoring anything like enough goals and we're drawing too many games. Add to that our tendency to concede late goals, it's not a great combination for a team with play-off aspirations. But it wasn't long ago where most people were constantly talking about the automatic spots.

28 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im struggling to see why all the negativity its like we are expected to win every game at the moment. We are consistently picking up points if we carry on the way we are we will get play offs. 

last night i saw glimpses of things coming together. We still have to play most teams around us if we can knick a couple of results agaisnt them we will fly into the play offs. We are keeping in touch with everyone around us. Constant slating of people like edmunson is uncalled for if proctor had scored 2 in 2 we would all be creaming off him but not the case with ryan. 

cooper was excellent last night looked a threat everytime he got on it. 

i see no signs of any reason to be calling the season over its going to be close but we are right in it so why not try just getting behind the boys and see where we end up because the supporters can have a real say in where we finish as if we get behind them in the big home games we have left that could be the difference rather than writing players off after one start for us as some fans have done 🤣

Largely how I see it to be honest. Thought it was an alright performance, we were certainly the better of the two sides. I do think we need to look at how we set up in midfield though, believe we need the extra body in there as neither Pett nor Garrity really suit playing in a two just in my opinion.

Other than that as you say Cooper had a decent performance and I was not in favour of picking him before the game. Edmundson although a little raw is turning into a productive signing. All to play for without question.

12 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Since the start of 2021 we have played 11 league  games and scored 11 goals and conceded 9 .

So we're hard to beat but nowhere near in good enough form for the play-offs. Hopefully that can change as I do feel like our strongest 11 is good enough. But the lack of pace in the side whoever we select is alarming for anyone with eyes. And the unwilligness to change formation regardless of the opposition has and will also cost us, in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Beech said:

I don't see too many people saying the season is suddenly over. But it's pretty clear that we're not scoring anything like enough goals and we're drawing too many games. Add to that our tendency to concede late goals, it's not a great combination for a team with play-off aspirations. But it wasn't long ago where most people were constantly talking about the automatic spots.

Weve conceded 2 goals in the last ten minutes of games in our last 12 games couldnt be bothered look further than that. Wouldnt really say thats a tendency to concede late

Just now, Beech said:

So we're hard to beat but nowhere near in good enough form for the play-offs. Hopefully that can change as I do feel like our strongest 11 is good enough. But the lack of pace in the side whoever we select is alarming for anyone with eyes.

We certainly arent in the sort of form earlier on in the season where we looked automatic promotion candidates. We might still get promotion but certainly need to turn more of those draws into wins for that to happen.

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

So we're hard to beat but nowhere near in good enough form for the play-offs. Hopefully that can change as I do feel like our strongest 11 is good enough. But the lack of pace in the side whoever we select is alarming for anyone with eyes. And the unwilligness to change formation regardless of the opposition has and will also cost us, in my opinion.

If that is the case then fair enough complain at the end of the season just get behind the team ffs what is complaining going to achieve between now and the end of the season ill answer absolutely nothing

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Weve conceded 2 goals in the last ten minutes of games in our last 12 games couldnt be bothered look further than that. Wouldnt really say thats a tendency to concede late

And over the season? We've dropped an absolute load of points because we sat back on leads.

I didn't think it was an all round bad performance - we were definitely the better side for 80% of the game, but I felt that we slowed it down too much and needed to get the forward passes off sooner. After Hussey and Pett went off, we seemed to start to be ore adventurous in our approach, move the ball faster and look to get behind them ... much like the start of the season with a higher press. I'm not sure why we have stopped doing that because when we have used it (FGR) we have battered teams. We are getting tothe time in the season where we need to go for broke and win games ... win one, loose one is a better return that drawing both

1 minute ago, Beech said:

And over the season? We've dropped an absolute load of points because we sat back on leads.

Thats football? Every team in the country will drop points in the last ten mins of a game throughout the season. Your expectations is to go through the season without dropping any points from winning positions ?

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

If that is the case then fair enough complain at the end of the season just get behind the team ffs what is complaining going to achieve between now and the end of the season ill answer absolutely nothing

This is a football forum. Players and/or performances can and do get criticised, just the same as players/performances are also praised. I give support to the players at games, where it truly matters.

All I've literally said is that performances over the last number weeks have been extremely average on the whole and that we're not scoring enough goals to win plenty of games, many of them games we should be winning.

Archived