onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

That’s three points behind where we need to be - 2 points a game, which would virtually guarantee play-off with a chance of automatic. The only downside is we will need to take one or two maximums from those around us.

Jeffers, you are right, I’m sorry but I just can’t see it with the recent performances

Advert

Edmondson hasn't played 9 full matches in all fairness.....

You repeatedly go on about the lack of an experienced striker signing in January.
Out of interest who do you think we should of signed? Kane Hemmings, Ryan Loft?

You mean the 'proven L2 experienced striker' Kane Hemmings? The one who's scored less in more games for Tranny than Edmonson? Or the 'proven L2 experienced striker' Ryan Loft who's yet to score in 6 for Bristol?

46 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think it's more the '3 wins in 9' thing as opposed to the 'first sign of a perceived bad result'.

We've made up negligible ground in games in hand against poorer opposition and have made the games against Mansfield, Exeter, and Sutton absolute must-wins, which is less than ideal considering we are playing, at best, fairly averagely at present.

You're absolutely right on this.  It's great and positive that we've gone 9 matches unbeaten, but out of those possible 27 points, we've actually achieved 15 or 1.66 points per match.  Use that looking forward (and that is a really tough ask as we only average 1.56 points per game after 32 played) with 14 games left to play and we'll end up around the 73 point mark.

I've had a bit of fun (please don't take this too seriously) and done a bit of mathematical modelling.  Looking at the teams above us and applying their average points per game so far this season, the top nine positions are likely to end up with a points tally something along these totals:

Forest Green: 93 ,Exeter: 80, Mansfield: 79, Northampton: 77, Tranmere: 76, Sutton: 75, Newport: 72, Swindon: 72 Bristol Rovers: 71

Taking our own average points per game so far and applying that, we would end up on 72 points. So, whichever way one looks at it, it's going to be very tight.  Coming back to our recent unbeaten run, it just shows that if it had been the other way around and we'd had 6 wins + 3 draws, those extra 6 points would have seen us comfortably into a play-off place and, depending upon other results, the distinct possibility of an automatic berth.

However, all is not lost. As everyone knows, applying mathematical logic to football results is akin to trying to hold water in your hands! Let's fervently hope that those vital 3 games against Mansfield, Exeter & Sutton all go in our favour as that will turn the mathematical logic completely on its head!

I do wonder if I’ve watched a different game to most on here. Disappointing draw, yeah, disappointing performance no. Keeps the unbeaten run going, plenty of interesting games to happen this season that gives us more than enough chance to make it.

Why just give up on the season? May aswell stay in on a Saturday and just toss it off then? Why post on here at all if people rate the season is over?

I think even the more positive people on here are being drowned out by the moaners (which actually reflects with the booing in the stands on Saturday with being 2-0 up) constantly clogging up threads with hindsight tactics, what could have been subs, acute man management styles they would have employed, or just having a vent basically. Best of all this usually happens during the game or 2-3 hours in the immediate aftermath.

I wanted to say in the past moaning/bitching/slagging is a generational thing, but it’s more certain posters wanting to be ‘seen’ as having managerial acumen at league 2 level when realistically they are a fan, or a keyboard warrior.

How some of our fans really begrudge getting behind the team is mind blowing.

We berated the Walsall forum for the state of that after multiple losses. This forum looks a bit like that right now - on a 8 game unbeaten run streak still well within the play off mix with 2 games in hand on some teams. 

I would say to the cup half full people that your support is what the team needs, the toughest part of the season without a manager. We are not happy clappers, we just want Vale to do well - and think in the circumstances, they are.

And yes, I know this is a ‘Football Forum’ and yes, I know what an ‘Opinion’ is - get that in before someone gets in a condescending jibe and calls me a happy clapper (again) 🥱

6 minutes ago, Beech said:

Jesus.

It’s not like you to come and <ovf censored> on someone’s optimism, oh, wait….

It’s way more your style to give out critiques during the game from behind your keyboard in Belgium.

Why is it unfathomable to you that someone might disagree with you?

Snowflake.

Not only are we edging into staying in the hunt. We look incredibly tough to beat. I fancy us in a playoff game.

Id have taken this amount of points per game at the start of the season. 

I wish vale fans would enjoy the ride sometimes. I'm happy we have something to play for that isn't relegation this year finally. We have a club on the up we can be proud of. uTV

13 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

I do wonder if I’ve watched a different game to most on here. Disappointing draw, yeah, disappointing performance no. Keeps the unbeaten run going, plenty of interesting games to happen this season that gives us more than enough chance to make it.

Why just give up on the season? May aswell stay in on a Saturday and just toss it off then? Why post on here at all if people rate the season is over?

I think even the more positive people on here are being drowned out by the moaners (which actually reflects with the booing in the stands on Saturday with being 2-0 up) constantly clogging up threads with hindsight tactics, what could have been subs, acute man management styles they would have employed, or just having a vent basically. Best of all this usually happens during the game or 2-3 hours in the immediate aftermath.

I wanted to say in the past moaning/bitching/slagging is a generational thing, but it’s more certain posters wanting to be ‘seen’ as having managerial acumen at league 2 level when realistically they are a fan, or a keyboard warrior.

How some of our fans really begrudge getting behind the team is mind blowing.

We berated the Walsall forum for the state of that after multiple losses. This forum looks a bit like that right now - on a 8 game unbeaten run streak still well within the play off mix with 2 games in hand on some teams. 

I would say to the cup half full people that your support is what the team needs, the toughest part of the season without a manager. We are not happy clappers, we just want Vale to do well - and think in the circumstances, they are.

And yes, I know this is a ‘Football Forum’ and yes, I know what an ‘Opinion’ is - get that in before someone gets in a condescending jibe and calls me a happy clapper (again) 🥱

Sums me up as well that....am I disappointed? Yep but not as depressingly so as some people. Something will click, I'm sure, and that probably makes me a "happy clapper". One of these other teams in the mix will have a hiccup I'm sure. we have to keep going and I know we're not playing with any fluency at the moment but we're still dredging out points. Can't remember who said it but I think it is bob on....."When you think things are going badly they're not as bad as you think and when things are going well they're never going as well as you think".....sound advice and sums it up for Vale at the moment, I think.

Go'arrrn You Happy Clappers!

22 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It’s difficult to remember we have someone grace this forum with your managerial and football knowledge.

Please, grace us all with your presence more often, not just when Vale draw or lose 🥱🥱🥱

Aren't you the knuckle dragger that offered me out some weeks ago for having a differing opinion?

Don't make me tell on you to your Mommy. Or maybe I should post your pathetic messages you sent to my inbox for all to see? 😂

9 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not only are we edging into staying in the hunt. We look incredibly tough to beat. I fancy us in a playoff game.

Id have taken this amount of points per game at the start of the season. 

I wish vale fans would enjoy the ride sometimes. I'm happy we have something to play for that isn't relegation this year finally. We have a club on the up we can be proud of. uTV

I agree with this... IF we make the playoffs... Not many teams would fancy playing us.

We have the 4th best Goal Difference in the league.

We are very hard to break down and if we cut out the individual errors we would become even harder.

Its rare we don't score... only one of the tightest defences (Northampton) in the league stopped us in Feb.

Conlon would hopefully be back and fit.

Proctor sounds like he was rested last night so he would hopefully be back to his best.

We also have some improvement in us... we are hanging on and are in and around the playoffs despite the awful situation at the club and despite performances not been gold star. 

Teams wouldnt want to face us.

24 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It’s difficult to remember we have someone grace this forum with your managerial and football knowledge.

Please, grace us all with your presence more often, not just when Vale draw or lose 🥱🥱🥱

I post win, lose or draw, numb nuts. Give your head a wobble.

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Came away disappointed that we didn't grab the bull by the horns as they are no great shakes. For me if Proctor is fit as Crosby states, then he has to be a 20 minute option off the bench ? 

That's just it. It was yet another game where I never felt that we really went for it at any point where 3 points were there to be won. Yes, we came close with that late Wilson effort. But we spend too much time looking like we're just going through the motions in games to a large extent and it's been that way for months now. I feel we would have won last nights game comfortably earlier on in the season when we were generally moving the ball much more quicker.

Im struggling to see why all the negativity its like we are expected to win every game at the moment. We are consistently picking up points if we carry on the way we are we will get play offs. 

last night i saw glimpses of things coming together. We still have to play most teams around us if we can knick a couple of results agaisnt them we will fly into the play offs. We are keeping in touch with everyone around us. Constant slating of people like edmunson is uncalled for if proctor had scored 2 in 2 we would all be creaming off him but not the case with ryan. 

cooper was excellent last night looked a threat everytime he got on it. 

i see no signs of any reason to be calling the season over its going to be close but we are right in it so why not try just getting behind the boys and see where we end up because the supporters can have a real say in where we finish as if we get behind them in the big home games we have left that could be the difference rather than writing players off after one start for us as some fans have done 🤣

Archived