onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

One more thing - I thought they, Harrogate, were not bad opposition last night. They pushed us on a couple of occasions, and must be chuffed with the draw. 

I thought our first goal should not have been disallowed, our actual goal was good, and Wilson was not far off making it three. 

As someone posted earlier - fine margins 

Advert

14 minutes ago, Osh said:

The season is NOT over. We can still do this BUT we need to support the team not slag off everything they do. 

The season is far from over, imagine if the players had the same attitude as some of the fans on here in surrendering, giving up and conceding our chance of making the play offs at the first sign of a perceived bad result. 

Signing players with an injury record is mad in L2.

Upside, if he can, imagine if they play 40+, too classy for this division, needs to be managed, pick and choose the games etc etc etc etc etc etc.

It never works, do you think other teams haven't thought the same?

Can't help a few injuries during the season but signing players who's bodies are not up to it and then have them watching half the season is crazy to me.

Upside, if he can, imagine if they play 40+, too classy for this division, needs to be managed, pick and choose the games etc etc etc etc etc etc.
Can't help a few injuries during the season but signing players who's bodies are not up to it and then have them watching half the season is crazy to me.
Out of interest, do you think we should offer Gibbons a new contract?

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:
24 minutes ago, 1 said:

Out of interest, do you think we should offer Gibbons a new contract?

Good point. Who took another knock last night in that challenge when he crossed it near the end. Those type of injuries and incidents are unavoidable. 

8 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

9 games unbeaten. Out of a possible 27 we’ve taken just 15.

That’s three points behind where we need to be - 2 points a game, which would virtually guarantee play-off with a chance of automatic. The only downside is we will need to take one or two maximums from those around us.

1 hour ago, Osh said:

What makes me utterly ache is that I've seen players like Petty (who absolutely gives his all) Wilson (who is an out and out class player) Gibbo, Garrett, etc etc, venerated on here one week and then utterly slagged off as <ovf censored> a week or two later. It's quite pathetic. 

This opinion always confuses me.

Have you clocked that, despite the name, there is more than one person posting on Onevalefan? The people who venerated them 'one week' are probably different people with different opinions from the people utterly slagging them off.

It really isn't a tricky concept. Different fans have different opinions. I'm not sure what the problem is.

6 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Some good news from Crosbys interview after the game Proctor was only rested not injured. Personally would have had him on the bench as insurance if need be but at least he should be good for Saturday.

Haven’t heard the interview with Crosby yet but sounds very promising that he is just being rested.

The Proctors have just had a new baby…  This may have been a pre agreed rest on a long distance away day so he can a) get a break from the relentless schedule, and b) spend a bit of time with his family rather than go and sit on the bench.

Given circumstances I can see the club being red hot on getting appropriate family time.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

The season is far from over, imagine if the players had the same attitude as some of the fans on here in surrendering, giving up and conceding our chance of making the play offs at the first sign of a perceived bad result. 

I think it's more the '3 wins in 9' thing as opposed to the 'first sign of a perceived bad result'.

We've made up negligible ground in games in hand against poorer opposition and have made the games against Mansfield, Exeter, and Sutton absolute must-wins, which is less than ideal considering we are playing, at best, fairly averagely at present.

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure he would. He’s a great player but not championship level - league 1 but not championship 

I disagree. Proctor is an excellent player and an animal to play against. He'd be my first name on the team sheet.

BUT he's just coming back from injury. Players do get injured. 

When fit, as we've all seen, he's a killer against other teams. 

BUT, again, he - like Wilson, will need time to get fully match fit. 

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Haven’t heard the interview with Crosby yet but sounds very promising that he is just being rested.

The Proctors have just had a new baby…  This may have been a pre agreed rest on a long distance away day so he can a) get a break from the relentless schedule, and b) spend a bit of time with his family rather than go and sit on the bench.

Given circumstances I can see the club being red hot on getting appropriate family time.

He was at the game though...

I'm also intrigued by the notion of resting him after a full 90 minutes on Saturday. On the surface, it seems most logical to have brought him off early on Saturday when we were two up. I keep hearing that it's a squad game with replacements available to slot in...

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

He was with the squad at the game IC . I think was purely nursing him back the reason he didn't feature. 

Archived