onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Very disappointed. Went into a few pubs after game and every Harrogate fan spoken to said Vale were much the better side. Not confident at any stage of game that Vale would score. Harrogate were as poor as Rochdale. Four easy points dropped!!!! Joel Cooper is the weakest link.

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

That was so dull. And lame. We scrapped a draw against a bog standard L2 team.  That is where we are. A bog standard L2 team. Accept that, fine.  But that is where we are. 

You’re right. And the worrying thing is, we don’t look a good side at the moment. I think we’re also where we’re at in terms of squad capabilities.  We will win a few more before the end of season but we will finish a bit short of the top 7 for me. We’ve got no spark, flair, skill, anything to get me off seat. We look a mid table plodder who hasn’t got much to play for and considering where we are that’s alarming. Yes we’re on this unbeaten run but not winning games which we need to do. Tonight was very poor again, just like Saturday was and Rochdale was. 

the recruitment in January wasnt great (which isn’t strange because all I’ve heard all season is trust the process rubbish. We’ve got a huge team of recruiting staff who haven’t got it right.) . We’ve got three keepers who aren’t much good, Charsley? What a waste of a signing, so is cooper who I think is as bad as I’ve seen for a while. What’s he actually do? Hall is decent for this level and prob one of the best in the league. Hussey is decent but he’s not going win us games in that position so was he worth the big wage to take a decent corner? 

who knows but we will be in league two again next season and it must get a lot better or a few will start to get a bit pissed off with this again. 

14 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

You’re right. And the worrying thing is, we don’t look a good side at the moment.

will start to get a bit pissed off with this again. 

Proc seems a perma crock.  It is a shame for us.

9 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Proc seems a perma crock.  It is a shame for us.

Decent player shame he’s been plagued by injuries for a few year. We should’ve known that before we signed him though it was always a gamble as was Wilson in keeping them both fit. We’ve missed both for large chunks of the season and it’s hurt us. 

Jesus Christ!  There's some right proper moaning on here; could have sworn this was a vale supporters forum.

I hope and pray the players don't read this crap.

I, too, thought we were the better side; I thought we edged it against a team that put up a good opposition last night.  

If you'd have offered me a point at the start of the game i'd have snapped your hand off.  

For me we need 6 wins and 2 more draws to be comfortably in the play-off's; anything more than that would be ideal.

KTF and support the team - or go Stjoke

14 minutes ago, Osh said:

Jesus Christ!  There's some right proper moaning on here; could have sworn this was a vale supporters forum.

I, too, thought we were the better side; I thought we edged it against a team that put up a good opposition last night.  

If you'd have offered me a point at the start of the game i'd have snapped your hand off.  

For me we need 6 wins and 2 more draws to be comfortably in the play-off's; anything more than that would be ideal.

It is called discussing the game  No one here is not 100% Vale.  You mentioned  KTF and support the team - or go Stjoke .  Okay. Personally  the <ovf censored> make me want to puke.

28 minutes ago, Osh said:

Snapped your hand off for a point? So will you expect us to beat Colchester Saturday or will you be happy with another point against poor opposition?

Ifs and buts seem to be part of vale fans vocabulary. If we’d beaten them or if we had scored that or if we lose at the weekend. Too much focusing on something that didn’t or hasn’t happened. We aren’t great to watch at the minute but we are still in touching distance of the play offs. I don’t care how we get there as long as we do. 

Wilson got mentioned in the same breath as proctor being a crock a few posts ago. Bit harsh on Wilson I think because you can’t legislate for players breaking a bone in a tackle. That’s just unlucky. Just like Cass was when he rolled his ankle in training. Players can’t be conditioned for those kind of eventualities.  

58 minutes ago, Osh said:

Dream on mate 

Got in bed at 1-00 am , up for work 5-15 am . Must be mental.

I thought we were marginally the better team but got exposed on the flanks a few times during the game.

I know it is a cheap shot to constantly berate officials but does anyone agree that the linesman on our side gave the most half a**ed and disinterested display for a good while from an official. He didn't do anything drastically wrong but literally every decision was half soaked as though he couldn't even be bothered to move his arm. The majority of the time he waited for the ref to give the decision before lazily pointing his flag. He was absolutely atrocious.

Came away disappointed that we didn't grab the bull by the horns as they are no great shakes. For me if Proctor is fit as Crosby states, then he has to be a 20 minute option off the bench ? 

What makes me utterly ache is that I've seen players like Petty (who absolutely gives his all) Wilson (who is an out and out class player) Gibbo, Garrett, etc etc, venerated on here one week and then utterly slagged off as <ovf censored> a week or two later. It's quite pathetic. 

And yes, we've had massive injury issues and COVID on top of that, you can see with your own eyes how long it's taken Wilson to get back to match fitness - yet blokes on here are already saying the season is over. Even though we haven't list for 8 games.

The season is NOT over. We can still do this BUT we need to support the team not slag off everything they do. 

Archived