onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Great point against a lively and tricky Harrogate… every one in the play off zone is starting to stutter a bit… unbeaten in 9 jostling for position in the final bend…. All to play for… a point bc a Colchester and win our next home game and we ll be almost in that top 7.

Utv

Bigger context time… club has been though some very difficult things this season. On the pitch and even more unfortunately off it.

We are talking fine margins here. Don’t concede against Rochdale and Wilson’s effort goes in today and we would be 2 points of the automatics with 2 games in hand. 

Will it happen this year, maybe, maybe not… but I for one am proud of the turnaround the club have achieved under DC and Flickers.

I know, I know… “some fans have never seen us be successful and it’s super sad it’s not going to happen immediately” 

We are still in with a chance and we can continue to shape the squad in the summer.

My hope is that this feels like the period before our winning run last year, we became hard to beat and built on that. 

My fear is that we need DC to orchestrate that run. I’m not sure when we will see him again, and he should take every second and more of the time he needs and we can pick up the revolution when he’s back!

Keep the faith. UTV.

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

How many have we won or even looked like we could win? We create very little in matches.

We are playing really boring % football which will get you no further than mid table. 

We aren’t going to loose many games  but we are never going to win many either playing this way.

Are we mid table then? Must have missed something 

Robinson, Charsley, Cooper, Holy, and Harratt have had minimal impact. 
Hall has been good. Edmonson OK (3 in 9 is no more than that). Hussey fine (though we looked much better after he was subbed).
Not good enough. 
Edmondson hasn't played 9 full matches in all fairness.....

You repeatedly go on about the lack of an experienced striker signing in January.
Out of interest who do you think we should of signed? Kane Hemmings, Ryan Loft?

I genuinely just think we just lacked a bit of luck tonight
And let's not forget quality and tactics that we also lacked. They are a poor side and we looked like a school team with the boot and rush approach. No where near playoff performance.

42 minutes ago, Santa said:

3-4-3 is the worst of all worlds in my opinion.

It doesn’t work very with the players named in that starting 11.  I think if Pett and Garrity are the midfield 2 then we need the legs of Gibbo and Wozz either side.  Also, we’re playing 3 forwards who seem to have no understanding and non of whom can hold the ball up to play the others in.

Fair play to the staff, we were much brighter overall second half after the subs came on.  Taking Walker off took some pressure off us and Wozz and Charsley added more energy.  The biggest disappointment is that if we show a bit more composure and quality Harrogate we’re there for the taking tonight.  Apart form the odd long ball first half and a few breakaway chances, mostly from our unforced errors, I don’t think they offered much.

45 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Going against the grain, I thought we pretty much dominated them tonight, and played some good stuff, particularly in the second half. We didn't create many clear cut chances, but we were well worthy of the point, and probably 3. Cooper and Wilson were my bright sparks tonight. Both played very well,,particularly Wilson when he was coming deeper in the second half. Now unbeaten in 9, 6 points off 3rd with at least 1 game in hand on all but 2. Don't get the 'season over' comments, yet again.

Its all opinions but i have to disagree completely. We played very little ' good stuff ' Created almost nothing. Hoofball was disgusting, we never even hoofed the ball anywhere near our players up front and even if we had done Wilson and Cooper were poor. Wilson poor and showed very little skill that we know he has but not sure why he seems not interested. Cooper a waste of a signing. Offers nothing. Hurst is on the bench, no better but no worse in fact he showed much better in his first few games for us. Charsley again offers nothing, why sign him. Harrogate also played hoofball but when they got hold of it up front, they tried to play quick passing football, scored one and at least looked dangerous. A draw no better than either team deserved.

Very poor January signings. Hussey crosses well yes but with Gibbons at left back and Jones plus Benning also capable there i am not sure if we really needed him, not taking his age into account too. Without Conlon we are left in midfield with Pett and Garrity and they are not good enough in our current formation. Oh for a ball carrying midfield player with a flare for a goal. We did not need the keeper or should i say not a keeper no better than what we have. Covolan needed to serve his sentence, learn his lesson and carry on OR get rid for a better keeper.

We look a midtable team. Yes great to be unbeaten but when we come up against Mansfield, Exeter, Salford, Bristol we might need wins where as draws would have been fine with the extra points from Rochdale, Harrogate We are still in there with this unbeaten run but the performances give me no confidence at all for the next ten games.

I think there's two sides being presented, based on how optimistic/pessimistic you slant.

A) We're not losing and are at least evenly matched/edging every game. The return of Conlon could start turning draws into wins, and from there we should be able to make the playoffs and from there anything could happen.

B) We aren't getting any better, play some dire stuff, our best striker can't stay fit, and we have an imbalanced squad which is really struggling to create chances, and has done for 10+ games. Playing like this might get us into the playoffs, just, but we've got no hope of winning them.

Either could turn out to be true. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I think there's two sides being presented, based on how optimistic/pessimistic you slant.

A) We're not losing and are at least evenly matched/edging every game. The return of Conlon could start turning draws into wins, and from there we should be able to make the playoffs and from there anything could happen.

B) We aren't getting any better, play some dire stuff, our best striker can't stay fit, and we have an imbalanced squad which is really struggling to create chances, and has done for 10+ games. Playing like this might get us into the playoffs, just, but we've got no hope of winning them.

Either could turn out to be true. 

Or C) We just simply limp into mid table mediocrity , and start all over again next season , ground hog day 

Archived