onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, mvb said:
We simply are not good enough ! disjointed display again crap defending ,crap in midfield , crap up front , hoof ball for most of the match crap tactics , we have one of the biggest budgets in the division , yet get out played by clubs who are getting gates of just over 2000 ..... we will be here again next season , which will be our longest period in the lowest division in the efl....yes we have had horrible bad luck with injuries , but the January Transfer window was poor beyond poor in recruitment , so another season fizzling out , and yet another season to look forward to playing second fiddle to <ovf censored> teams

1Duncan Poole

Outplayed? 

Advert

Smith will never bring more quality to his game. This is it for him. He's 350 games deep into his career. 

He's a good defense-first player. That's all we're getting. 

People will see this as a knock against him. It isn't - he's just not a player you want on the ball. 

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

I’m sure most of the recent games we have been pissing about passing it around very slowly amongst ourselves tonight we went more direct 

I still thought we were laboured on the ball first half. There’s going direct and there’s just hoofing it away. Did that same at Tranmere just long ball after long ball to players who will not win headers against CBS. Wilson is a technically gifted player who technically and with the ball at this feet is too good for this level. We saw that right at the end, however he is completely useless when we’re just launching it up to him. I’ve not been impressed with Cooper so far. But I have no idea what he’s meant to do with the balls given today. The tactic kind of makes sense if proctor is playing but without him we have to play differently, or at least mix it up. They were wide open at times down our left, we just didn’t target there enough imo. 

5 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Our manager ain’t there can u not remember that? 

What’s happened to DC is absolutely horrible, it’s the worst thing I could imagine happening and I have no idea if I would ever be able to get over it. He won’t be back this season and maybe not at all (I wouldn’t) and I’m so so sorry for his loss. This Dosent however stop Crosby and co realising that long balls to Wilson and Cooper will never work against any side. I suppose it shows just how vital DC is; like we didn’t know that anyway, but I do find it odd with all that coaching experience we set up in that way. 

Going against the grain, I thought we pretty much dominated them tonight, and played some good stuff, particularly in the second half. We didn't create many clear cut chances, but we were well worthy of the point, and probably 3. Cooper and Wilson were my bright sparks tonight. Both played very well,,particularly Wilson when he was coming deeper in the second half. Now unbeaten in 9, 6 points off 3rd with at least 1 game in hand on all but 2. Don't get the 'season over' comments, yet again.

Just now, philmpv said:

Going against the grain, I thought we pretty much dominated them tonight, and played some good stuff, particularly in the second half. We didn't create many clear cut chances, but we were well worthy of the point, and probably 3. Cooper and Wilson were my bright sparks tonight. Both played very well,,particularly Wilson when he was coming deeper in the second half. Now unbeaten in 9, 6 points off 3rd with at least 1 game in hand on all but 2. Don't get the 'season over' comments, yet again.

Dominated? Come on now. I get and admire your positivity but we really didn't. A draw was entirely fair.

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Shocking January recruitment according to a few 

Robinson, Charsley, Cooper, Holy, and Harratt have had minimal impact. 

Hall has been good. Edmonson OK (3 in 9 is no more than that). Hussey fine (though we looked much better after he was subbed).

Not good enough. 

Whoever plays in this supposed front 3 it just doesn’t work. Wilson was shoved out wide in the last few games and now Edmondson today. Why?

The midfield needs a change. Pett to drop out for me. He’s far too ineffective. However, the other options are hardly inspiring either. Might be worth giving Walker, Charsley and Garrity a go. 

The back 3 hasn’t worked since Cass and Jones stopped playing. We still persist with it every single week. Would we seriously be worse trying 4 at the back? 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Dominated? Come on now. I get and admire your positivity but we really didn't. A draw was entirely fair.

I thought we were the better side but that a draw was fair. We're so slow in our play, it just highlights how key Conlon was earlier in the season. Anyone got an ETA on when he's back?

Put Proctor and Conlon back into the 11 and add a quick winger and we would comfortably make the play-offs at minimum. But we don't have that wide player and won't until the summer now, while there's more chance of an alien invasion than us putting out our actual strongest 11 for any run of games.

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

Shocking January recruitment according to a few 

Wasn’t brilliant though was it? 

Hussey. Good player but not sure we needed him. I’ve really defended him but every time gibbo goes to left we look better. 
Hall. Excellent signing. 
Cooper. To me looks out of his depth and no better than Hurst. 
Harratt. Thought he looked useful but Dosent seem to be getting games. 
Edmondson. Thought he was poor tonight but 2 lovely headers and a good finish Saturday. 
Charsley. Not sure on the point of this signing, no better than burgess who we let go. 
Holy. <ovf censored>. 
Man City lad (can’t remember his name) no idea, not seen him but we had Amos already. So not sure on the point of this    

I still think and I always will we should have got a proven striker in, not signed Charsley or Holy and stuck with the 2 keepers we had and Burgess. Hussey is a very good player but if it was between getting him and a proven forward. I would chose the forward. 

It wasn’t a shocking window but I don’t think it was great by any means. I don’t think Holy is better than our keepers. Cooper isn’t as good as Politic. Charsley similar to Burgess. Strikers similar / not as good as Rodney. Hall far better than legge. 

Archived