onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, PV1973 said:

Lots of “I hope I’m wrong” comments usually mean “I’ll be commenting later by saying I told you he was <ovf censored>”

Exactly what i was thinking 🤣 lots of people got negative comments in early so they can claim they called it at 10 tonight

Advert

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Anything could happen obviously. Just disappointed that (imo) our best striker is out and Cooper (who was very poor last game) is in again. As I said, hope Cooper proves me wrong. Fingers crossed we get 3 points.

Think it’s harsh to say Cooper was very poor. He lacked end product but he did very well off the ball closing down and making a nuisance of himself. Hopefully more comes off for him tonight in the final third. 

Losing Proctor is a blow and hopefully only a short injury as he is a big player but let’s not forget the spell where we were scoring 3, 4 or 5 game for the majority of that run of a few games he was injured, didn’t feature against Barrow, Colchester, Crawley, Accrington for example so isn’t terminal to our chances.

We do need to be better though offensively as a unit.

I know facts aren't used a lot or particularly liked by some on here, but we've scored 23 of our league goals in games where Proctor has featured, and 22 in games where he hasn't. Just saying. I love him as a player but he's not our only means of scoring nor creating you know

15 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Well maybe try not writing someone off as rubbish after one start and get behind him

Didn’t say he was rubbish overall, just that he was crap last game. So from his last performance, imo he’s less deserving of a place than both Amoo and Harratt.

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I know facts aren't used a lot or particularly liked by some on here, but we've scored 23 of our league goals in games where Proctor has featured, and 22 in games where he hasn't. Just saying. I love him as a player but he's not our only means of scoring nor creating you know

Depends how we play. Just hope we try to pass it around tonight. No use lumping it forwards as we have done previously without proctor. 

14 minutes ago, Boslem&#x27;s Brazil said:

Think it’s harsh to say Cooper was very poor. He lacked end product but he did very well off the ball closing down and making a nuisance of himself. Hopefully more comes off for him tonight in the final third. 

That’s a fair opinion, but in mine I thought he was poor, constantly gave away possession and as you say had 0 end product (which is a problem for a winger).

15 minutes ago, Boslem&#x27;s Brazil said:

Not sure that’s enough. I could run around chasing the ball. Thought he was really poor against Tranmere and Rochdale personally. Just think we have a better player sat on the bench. Hopefully like you say we something from him tonight. 

Didn’t say he was rubbish overall, just that he was crap last game. So from his last performance, imo he’s less deserving of a place than both Amoo and Harratt.
So was Conlon in his last game, but would you keep him out of the side? Guy deserves a decent chance to bed in

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

So was Conlon in his last game, but would you keep him out of the side? Guy deserves a decent chance to bed in

1 bad game in a season of class is a bit different to what Cooper has shown imo.  Amoo deserves a run of games from the start

1 bad game in a season of class is a bit different to what Cooper has shown imo.  Amoo deserves a run of games from the start
Amoo has had plenty of chances from the start over the last few years and largely failed to spark. He's much better from the bench IMHO

Can’t succeed with crocked players holding us back and putting extra weight on those who can take the pace. Any other profession you’d be OH’d out the door by now. Shout out to the Smiths and Petts of this world because without them we’d be 0-3 forfeiting these games.

Archived