onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

43 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just had my anorak on again.

I make it 41 games since we had a penalty. Must be some sort of record. Where's Phil Sherwin when you need him .

Any chance we can have one tomorrow . Pett to take ? 

We have to get people in the box to even think of getting a penalty first of all.

Advert

57 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just had my anorak on again.

I make it 41 games since we had a penalty. Must be some sort of record. Where's Phil Sherwin when you need him .

Any chance we can have one tomorrow . Pett to take ? 

Sutton and Swindon have scored 7 each,yet we haven't had a foul or a handball spotted against us all season?

17 hours ago, PV1973 said:

No reason not to start the same side as yesterday, but hussey in for Worrall obviously.

I also think that wilson does a lot of stuff that people don’t want to notice or can’t see. Simple stuff in the way he keeps and moves the ball, the runs he makes and he is always an option. He also has unbelievable quality and technique. Surely people see it?  Just because he isnt a battering ram running round like a rhino doesn’t mean that he isn’t doing anything. He was far better yesterday than people give are giving him credit for. 

I thought Wilson was much better on Saturday, worked hard and had some sublime touches.

16 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree. People have zero clue of what constitutes a good player, other than 'runs about a lot'. Wilson tried a couple of things that didn't come off yesterday..on another day they will. He's far superior technically to most and offers the movement and touch that others haven't got. I think he's worked tremendously hard in the past 3 or 4 games and was magnificent against Carlisle.

He will contribute enormously in the run in, I have no doubt.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I agree with that. I think Wilson has been of the highest quality in recent games. His skill and technique are clearly of a higher level than League 2. I don't really understand the criticism. He has 8 goals despite a long spell out and has more than played his part in the recent unbeaten run. Some things don't come off but if he was scoring 40 yard goals every week he wouldn't be on our books for long. I personally think that technically, he's one of the best forwards we've had in an awful long time.

I agree with that. I think Wilson has been of the highest quality in recent games. His skill and technique are clearly of a higher level than League 2. I don't really understand the criticism. He has 8 goals despite a long spell out and has more than played his part in the recent unbeaten run. Some things don't come off but if he was scoring 40 yard goals every week he wouldn't be on our books for long. I personally think that technically, he's one of the best forwards we've had in an awful long time.
If he's a striker and not scoring, then he's awful. It's in the Vale fan handbook.

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
17 minutes ago, robf said:

If he's a striker and not scoring, then he's awful. It's in the Vale fan handbook.

Even if he is a striker and he is scoring sometimes (Constantine) 

There is some sort of bizarre logic that even if a Vale striker scores 40 goals, it's disappointing that he didn't score 41. 

I remember when Andy Jones scored five against Newport, the score was Jones 4-0 Newport at half-time. At the final whistle, with Jones having scored five in a 6-1 win, one fan complained he'd let his performance slip as he'd only scored once in the second-half.

30 minutes ago, Santa said:

Apparently no tickets available on the day.

Swindle was the same so didn't go...Even now covid has passed(ish), we have had storms and rain postponing matches. No tickets on the day in this customer focused world is plain stupid. No excuses to turn customers away

40 minutes ago, londonvale said:

Swindle was the same so didn't go...Even now covid has passed(ish), we have had storms and rain postponing matches. No tickets on the day in this customer focused world is plain stupid. No excuses to turn customers away

Totally agree. I was considering going tomorrow but I have to juggle a number of issues including child care and can only decide on the day. I'm sure a few people make last minute decisions however Harrogate will not be allowing this if there are no tickets available on the day. I hope Vale trounce them tomorrow. Very poor policy from Harrogate.

4 hours ago, DazFred said:

Sutton and Swindon have scored 7 each,yet we haven't had a foul or a handball spotted against us all season?

Over the season there's being probably 10 shouts for a pen none given maybe our players are not appealing for anything to be  honest .

We will have one soon surely but like someone rightly says unless Garrity is played higher up the pitch then there ain't really anyone else who tries go around anyone in opposition penalty area that's why I think if we going for it tomoz I'd play both Cooper and Amoo as wingers could play Pett /Walker and Charsley as midfield 3 give Charsley the free role and see what comes of it personally be very surprised see either Worrall or Garrity tomoz.

I think Wilson is a good player if given time be a good player he struggles if up against someone who doesn't give him time do owt he struggles 

He will get 12 /15 goals so thats not bad however as a fan I want see him involved in all aspects of the play if not scoring creating or creating space for others to shoot and get a effort away what I do not want see his him hiding and having no involvement in the game v Northampton that was the case and what I saw on sat from 30th minute mark not a lot till substituted if anything he got in the way of one of our better moves where Worrall was coming on to it  

In general though over season he is 6/7 out of 10 in order for Vale to get in top 3 needs up it to 8/9 out of 10 play offs 7/8 mind you that goes for majority of the team if I am honest .

UTV 

Archived