onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

A week on the road, Tea at Betty`s and Oysters in Colchester for the Super fans. But for the players early goals in Harrogate on the menu. Should be enough energy after a managed victory on Saturday. Harrogate solid mid table with goals in the team. Raise your game enough to win, rotate as necessary and likely enforced with a Worrall injury. 0-2 to the Vale.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Advert

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

Hussey for Woz and then either Gibbo or Hussey has to play RWB. Can’t see a problem with that.

Charsley in the 10 / creative of the 3 in the centre and Willo back up to top with Proctor.

Suspect that will happen, but I'm not sure Wilson up top is contributing enough. He has plenty of skill, but needs to improve his work rate and pressing for me. On the other hand, if he scored every game I would probably forgive him !!

No reason not to start the same side as yesterday, but hussey in for Worrall obviously.

I also think that wilson does a lot of stuff that people don’t want to notice or can’t see. Simple stuff in the way he keeps and moves the ball, the runs he makes and he is always an option. He also has unbelievable quality and technique. Surely people see it?  Just because he isnt a battering ram running round like a rhino doesn’t mean that he isn’t doing anything. He was far better yesterday than people give are giving him credit for. 

No reason not to start the same side as yesterday, but hussey in for Worrall obviously.
I also think that wilson does a lot of stuff that people don’t want to notice or can’t see. Simple stuff in the way he keeps and moves the ball, the runs he makes and he is always an option. He also has unbelievable quality and technique. Surely people see it?  Just because he isnt a battering ram running round like a rhino doesn’t mean that he isn’t doing anything. He was far better yesterday than people give are giving him credit for. 
I agree. People have zero clue of what constitutes a good player, other than 'runs about a lot'. Wilson tried a couple of things that didn't come off yesterday..on another day they will. He's far superior technically to most and offers the movement and touch that others haven't got. I think he's worked tremendously hard in the past 3 or 4 games and was magnificent against Carlisle.

He will contribute enormously in the run in, I have no doubt.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

He also has the "Languid style" which gives the impression that he's not trying when in effect he really is, similar to Rodney.

Vale will see the best of Wilson when there are players in midfield who's first instinct is to play the ball forward and can play the defense splitting pass, at the moment Wilson is feeding off scraps.

All things considered we're having a good season to be in 9th position and with our remaining fixtures promotion automatically is in our own hands.I'm not saying it will be achieved and the pessimist in me wouldn't put money on us making the top 7 but we're one of the teams in contention.We need to bring atleast a point home from Harrogate to stay in the mix and it's one of the games in hand and definately winnable.Performances have not been anywhere near our form over the first 21 or so games and the football gods have been against us,we have to keep taking it a game at a time and see where we end up.If we don't make it we'll be we'll still be challenging next season.UTV,KTF

My team for this game .

Holy 

Gibbons Smith  Hall Hussey 

Amoo  Pett Walker   Cooper 

Edmondson Proctor  

Should be good enough get the game won .

Wilson for Edmonson after about an hr 

Garrity rested because of his toe and Worrall won't be seen for a while .

Pett in attacking midfield role .

Walkers good enough do defensive 

Cooper back in him and Amoo to get to the byline and deliver quality .

That's the team for me .

4.4.2 .

Wilson on bench to come on along with Charsley and Harratt .

UTV 

Archived