onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what has happened to this team

RayWalkers40yarder

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I agree. I just find it odd that Jones is one missing out given how good he was earlier in the season. Players like Benning haven’t been great but to not see him on the bench for weeks I just find a little odd. Presume he will leave in the summer. I imagine the likes of Charsley will be out of the squad when Conlon is back. Not sure on Taylor he’s another I have a feeling they’re not too keen on. Didn’t think it was a red at Newport personally either. I get him having to wait his chance, but not to be in the squad when fit is a bit odd Imo. 

Anyone know if he has a knock / covid / injury?

Advert

My view is all posters on this thread are in a way right.

Yes we are on an unbeaten run.

Yes we could be in automatics if we win games in hand.

Yes we have had terrible injuries to 'star' players (yesterday showed just how much we have missed Gibbo)

But the opening poster is right. Vale are a hard watch at the minute. Not sure if it's negative tactics, average players or the pitch.

What I hope we can all agree on is .... We have been too long in this league and we need out, and thanks to brilliant owners it will be in the right direction!

40 minutes ago, andy jones said:

My view is all posters on this thread are in a way right.

Yes we are on an unbeaten run.

Yes we could be in automatics if we win games in hand.

Yes we have had terrible injuries to 'star' players (yesterday showed just how much we have missed Gibbo)

But the opening poster is right. Vale are a hard watch at the minute. Not sure if it's negative tactics, average players or the pitch.

What I hope we can all agree on is .... We have been too long in this league and we need out, and thanks to brilliant owners it will be in the right direction!

they never mentioned us being a hard watch. They said Hussey was a waste of a wage and asked what has happened to this team? Apparently nothing between us and Stevenage (apart from the goals). We might well be a hard watch (Due to work etc I have only watched us vs FGR recently which I thought was an entertaining game as it happens) but football is a results business not an entertainment business. Yes it's nice to watch some free flowing attacking football week in week out but it is league 2 ffs and I don't think our pitch is conducive to that at the moment. To start a thread when we are unbeaten for 6 weeks, 9th in the form table and only conceded 5 goals in the last 9 games makes the fan base look a bit daft and we could leave looking daft to Stoke fans. 

On 27/02/2022 at 05:01, RayWalkers40yarder said:

no it isnt attention seeking much as you point out . i guess youre in that class of person that spends all his/her time on social media virtue signalling huh?

Where's the virtue-signalling in defending a player in the team I love? If you have to resort to name-calling just because somebody posts an opinion opposite to yours, and you have to defend yourself like this, it's you that has a problem! With free speech - as has been pointed out on here before - you can always state your opinion...but expect others to express their opinions on yours - free speech goes both ways! I think your original opinion is crass, stupid, attention-seeking, ignorant and just plain wrong...just my opinion, obviously! 

On 27/02/2022 at 05:06, RayWalkers40yarder said:

it is when we have dan jones gibbo and mal benning who all offer much more. yes hes an experienced player who has played at a higher level but he offers nothing bar the odd decent cross in to the box. and even that was missing today. so yes its a wasted wage.

Sad to say Mal Benning, based on what we’ve seen, does not offer more than Hussey.  You’ve completely lost your argument by including him.  Gibbo is ideally our RWB.  Dan Jones has predominantly played as the left sided CB in the 3 and was decent there apart from a bit of a wobble in the couple of games prior to his sending off.  From memory he hasn’t set the world on fire at LWB.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Sad to say Mal Benning, based on what we’ve seen, does not offer more than Hussey.  You’ve completely lost your argument by including him.  Gibbo is ideally our RWB.  Dan Jones has predominantly played as the left sided CB in the 3 and was decent there apart from a bit of a wobble in the couple of games prior to his sending off.  From memory he hasn’t set the world on fire at LWB.

Gibbos arguably been player of the season playing out of position on the left and he’s looked at home there despite it being his supposed weaker side. IMO he’s offered more on that side than hussey has and to drop gibbo as soon as hussey came in was a strange decision from the manager.  I didn’t understand that at all. To my eyes we are a weaker side with gibbo missing, throw proctor and conlon in to the mix too as players essential to the way we play. 

But that’s gone now, the run in is going to be interesting as Crosby has to find a way of utilising gibbo, Worrall and hussey. I suspect he may rotate them given that we are playing statues at Tuesday for the majority of the next 2 months. 

5 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbos arguably been player of the season playing out of position on the left and he’s looked at home there despite it being his supposed weaker side. IMO he’s offered more on that side than hussey has and to drop gibbo as soon as hussey came in was a strange decision from the manager.  I didn’t understand that at all. To my eyes we are a weaker side with gibbo missing, throw proctor and conlon in to the mix too as players essential to the way we play. 

But that’s gone now, the run in is going to be interesting as Crosby has to find a way of utilising gibbo, Worrall and hussey. I suspect he may rotate them given that we are playing statues at Tuesday for the majority of the next 2 months. 

Gibbo was, and still is, coming back from serious injury.  Hussey was signed as cover, with speculation at the time being that had Gibbo stayed fit he would’ve been sold.  Suffice to say that Mal Benning had by this time clearly fallen out of favour.  Taken in this context Hussey is a very good signing in my view.

We’ve already seen Gibbo, Wozz and Hussey rotated and there’s no reason why that will change so you’re stating the obvious.

We are missing the X factor and that is Clarke . He changes games with his tactical nous . Look at the times this season he’s changed things and pulled out 3pts . Can’t wait for him to return when he’s ready . Oh AC is doing a fine job by the way in very difficult circumstances.

Archived