• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Russia invade Ukraine

boslemportvale91

Advert:

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Russia takes BBC News off air two days after Putin approved law that could lock up journalists for 15 years for spreading "fake information".

The reporting of Clive Myrie has been outstanding throughout the invasion.

No wonder Putin wants it shutting down. 

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 2

I know--so ridiculous--that's why I used the word "hope" I'm not holding my breath!
4 years in preparation and full of holes, other countries take action straight away and dont worry about libel when there is a war on.

Advert:

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
On 05/03/2022 at 17:31, Bycarsbill said:
I know--so ridiculous--that's why I used the word "hope" I'm not holding my breath!

4 years in preparation and full of holes, other countries take action straight away and dont worry about libel when there is a war on.

I know, wish it were more simple, but it isn't.

It's starting to come out that Russia has been covertly funding US  and European anti-fossil fuel groups for years and with hindsight preparing for the Ukraine invasion for years.

Great job Brandon......you p*ll*ck.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/596304-investigate-russias-covert-funding-of-us-anti-fossil-fuel-groups

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/01/stop-letting-environmental-groups-funded-by-russia-dictate-americas-energy-policy/

Posted (edited)

I recommend watching ‘Citizen K’ on Amazon Prime for anyone who wants an indication of how ‘skilfully’ Putin has played the ‘west’. It tells it from the perspective of Mikhail Khordorkovsky, one-time CEO of Yukos Oil and Russia’s richest man, who crossed paths with Mad Vlad and did a 10 year stretch. So clearly he has an axe to grind, but it is almost 1984-like in its prophecy. The Russians were literally laughing at us with the ‘attempted’ cover-up of the Salisbury incident (a gay couple visiting a town with a ‘world renowned cathedral’ which just so happened to be home to a Russian dissident - yeah right). And we just sucked it all up and continued buying his gas and laundering more dirty Russian money through the London property market.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

On 04/03/2022 at 12:06, Bycarsbill said:

Because Abramovich has yet to denounce Putin's evil war.  He's doing the usual selfish thing of protecting himself & his assets.  I doubt very much that he cares anything for the Ukrainian people!

What are we going to do about India,Pakistan and South Africa who also failed to condemn Putin,stop foreign aid?

Advert:

On 08/03/2022 at 06:53, ginge said:

Not good reading. Why are we not doing more? 

The government had more people at their lockdown parties than refugees they've taken in. 

We can never do enough can we.

Perhaps President Zelensky should have mentioned yesterday in his wonderful "Churchillian" speech in the Commons?

I thought I heard Zelensky thanking Boris.Must have been for the £400 million we’ve given ,to Ukraine,in humanitarian aid.Like you say Tone,never enough for some.Have we been training Ukrainian soldiers and sending weapons to them aswell.Not enough it seems.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I thought I heard Zelensky thanking Boris.Must have been for the £400 million we’ve given ,to Ukraine,in humanitarian aid.Like you say Tone,never enough for some.Have we been training Ukrainian soldiers and sending weapons to them aswell.Not enough it seems.

Of course those items are useful, But the immediate need when you are fleeing from bullets and bombs is shelter and safety.  We seem to be lacking in compassion with our meagre offerings.

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

We can never do enough can we.

Perhaps President Zelensky should have mentioned yesterday in his wonderful "Churchillian" speech in the Commons?

Time will tell, claps are easily given.  

Advert:

After building a reliance on Russian energy will countries be willing to pay the price ?

Do I remember trump warning that Germany would regret being reliant on Russia for energy?