Russia invade Ukraine

boslemportvale91

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, For Us All said:

What percentage of the total entities are these numbers based on?

Is your argument there that maybe there are less entities from Russian involved in the UK?

Not sure that holds.

But I dont want to presume your point… what relevance would the percentage have?

Feels like a very low number to me.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Is your argument there that maybe there are less entities from Russian involved in the UK?

Not sure that holds.

But I dont want to presume your point… what relevance would the percentage have?

I assumed it was a chart of relative progress by nations/groups, not a chart of how much progress had been made against an unknown quantity. 

20 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I assumed it was a chart of relative progress by nations/groups, not a chart of how much progress had been made against an unknown quantity. 

People can spin it how they want…

The UK number is very low… time to get our finger out and put the pressure on.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not sure that holds.

Just trying to get some perspective on the numbers of sanctions compared to the number of entities in each country.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Boom!

Goooooooooooolaccio

Slight problem--our laws as they currently stand, wouldn't allow the UK to do this.  Don't get me wrong I am not defending the oligarchs--I hope that they all rot in hell if it exists, but if we want to live in a country that lives with the rule of law--and I, for one certainly do, then all actions surely have to be within the prevailing laws?  It might suit the argument to snatch (illegally) assets off the oligarchs, but if the authorities can do that illegally, what stops them from confiscating our assets too?  This is what sets us apart from lawless dictatorships like Russia & China!

Slight problem--our laws as they currently stand, wouldn't allow the UK to do this.  Don't get me wrong I am not defending the oligarchs--I hope that they all rot in hell if it exists, but if we want to live in a country that lives with the rule of law--and I, for one certainly do, then all actions surely have to be within the prevailing laws?  It might suit the argument to snatch (illegally) assets off the oligarchs, but if the authorities can do that illegally, what stops them from confiscating our assets too?  This is what sets us apart from lawless dictatorships like Russia & China!
Our system that protects the super rich also protects the super rich gangsters. There is a War on, the enemy cannot expect all the protections.
. Why is it we allow 18 months for gangsters to despose of their loot.

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Our system that protects the super rich also protects the super rich gangsters. There is a War on, the enemy cannot expect all the protections.
. Why is it we allow 18 months for gangsters to despose of their loot.

You seemed to miss my point--our current legal system protects us all, but I do agree that we should amend the necessary laws much more quickly to deal with 'dirty' money and assets!

You seemed to miss my point--our current legal system protects us all, but I do agree that we should amend the necessary laws much more quickly to deal with 'dirty' money and assets!
The problem with our system is the criminals it protects. Shell companies etc hide criminals.

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
14 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

The problem with our system is the criminals it protects. Shell companies etc hide criminals.

That's what the new bill before parliament is supposed to change--hope it does!

Advert:

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:
12 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:
That's what the new bill before parliament is supposed to change--hope it does!

But it gives 18 months to scarper.

I know--so ridiculous--that's why I used the word "hope" I'm not holding my breath!

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Anyone seen Legge’s tweets? Absolutely disgusting. Claiming that Russia is indeed liberating Ukraine as they so claim.

The guy is a nutjob and his thoughts on covid confirmed that. Lunatic. 

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Talking of tweets 

01A90E25-8C57-4A16-9149-E311C1DAE311.png

More uneducated medical guessing from another moron. And he isn't a betting man? Sneyd Green Coral would like a word. 

• Like 2

On 04/03/2022 at 08:18, Biddulph_PV said:

Another day, another “condemnation” of “unlawful” Russian actions. And yet they still carry on. Wonder what tomorrow’s condemnation will be about? Sticks and stones and all that. At what point will “we” say enough is enough?

Russia takes BBC News off air two days after Putin approved law that could lock up journalists for 15 years for spreading "fake information".