onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Russia invade Ukraine

boslemportvale91

Advert

11 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
13 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:
205D6849-D506-4252-92A3-420FCB809887.thumb.jpeg.8f18c67260147e7c83fa366421aa4f61.jpeg

looking like a poor showing so far… time to get our fingers out and put the pressure on.

Would you believe it? We are now going to use EU rules to tackle the Russians as ours are useless.

What percentage of the total entities are these numbers based on?

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

What percentage of the total entities are these numbers based on?

Is your argument there that maybe there are less entities from Russian involved in the UK?

Not sure that holds.

But I dont want to presume your point… what relevance would the percentage have?

Feels like a very low number to me.

46 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Is your argument there that maybe there are less entities from Russian involved in the UK?

Not sure that holds.

But I dont want to presume your point… what relevance would the percentage have?

I assumed it was a chart of relative progress by nations/groups, not a chart of how much progress had been made against an unknown quantity. 

20 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I assumed it was a chart of relative progress by nations/groups, not a chart of how much progress had been made against an unknown quantity. 

People can spin it how they want…

The UK number is very low… time to get our finger out and put the pressure on.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not sure that holds.

Just trying to get some perspective on the numbers of sanctions compared to the number of entities in each country.

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Boom!

Goooooooooooolaccio

Slight problem--our laws as they currently stand, wouldn't allow the UK to do this.  Don't get me wrong I am not defending the oligarchs--I hope that they all rot in hell if it exists, but if we want to live in a country that lives with the rule of law--and I, for one certainly do, then all actions surely have to be within the prevailing laws?  It might suit the argument to snatch (illegally) assets off the oligarchs, but if the authorities can do that illegally, what stops them from confiscating our assets too?  This is what sets us apart from lawless dictatorships like Russia & China!

Slight problem--our laws as they currently stand, wouldn't allow the UK to do this.  Don't get me wrong I am not defending the oligarchs--I hope that they all rot in hell if it exists, but if we want to live in a country that lives with the rule of law--and I, for one certainly do, then all actions surely have to be within the prevailing laws?  It might suit the argument to snatch (illegally) assets off the oligarchs, but if the authorities can do that illegally, what stops them from confiscating our assets too?  This is what sets us apart from lawless dictatorships like Russia & China!
Our system that protects the super rich also protects the super rich gangsters. There is a War on, the enemy cannot expect all the protections.
. Why is it we allow 18 months for gangsters to despose of their loot.

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Our system that protects the super rich also protects the super rich gangsters. There is a War on, the enemy cannot expect all the protections.
. Why is it we allow 18 months for gangsters to despose of their loot.

You seemed to miss my point--our current legal system protects us all, but I do agree that we should amend the necessary laws much more quickly to deal with 'dirty' money and assets!

You seemed to miss my point--our current legal system protects us all, but I do agree that we should amend the necessary laws much more quickly to deal with 'dirty' money and assets!
The problem with our system is the criminals it protects. Shell companies etc hide criminals.

Archived