onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Russia invade Ukraine

boslemportvale91

Advert

On 24/02/2022 at 18:57, Jacko51 said:

Can we relegate Chelsea?

they should do something?, i think all football supporters either like Man. utd, or hate them, i'm one of the latter, but i applaud utd. for their actions over Aeroflots sponsorship. i await anything from Chelsea...

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

I feel that the west should have said that we won't consider allowing the Ukraine into NATO for say 25 years, to be reviewed after that.

Don't like the phrase 'our fault' but when trying to empathise or understand the Russian perspective on Ukraine joining NATO, would we or the USA like Russian missiles in Mexico or similar for the UK?

For what could be potentially lost, including hundreds (even thousands) of lives, Ukraine losing its sovereignty, instability in Europe/World, economic hardship, I feel that a diplomatic solution should have been found.

Disclaimer: I have no political alignment with Farage. This (above) was genuinely my opinion before reading Farage's notes.

Don't Ukraine get a say in whether they want to join NATO? (not sure how it works) 

Don't like the phrase 'our fault' but when trying to empathise or understand the Russian perspective on Ukraine joining NATO, would we or the USA like Russian missiles in Mexico or similar for the UK?

Who is putting missiles in Ukraine? 

Your post sounds very much like an attempt to sympathise with the Russian situation while completely ignoring their actions in invading Ukraine. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

I wonder who is taking the same stance as Farage on this? That it is our fault and we should have let Russia just take what it wants? 

It is shocking that this is happening in 2022 and more shocking noone will do anything about it for fear of annihilation. Do we really think Russia will press the big red button? 

What is equally shocking is civilians being asked to fight with AK47s and petrol bombs. Imagine Boris asking us to do that! I suppose those who wanted Syrians and Libyans to stay and fight for their country will be expecting the same from fleeing Ukrainians? 

Young Labour are taking the same stance?

I could go into a lot of detail on the UN Security Council, but long story short is that it wouldn't exist without the P5 veto, which is what prevents it from taking any substantive action in Ukraine or Syria.

Churchill - "The Kremlin had no intention of joining an international body on which they would be out-voted by a host of small Powers"

The US - "The United States Government would not remain one day in the United Nations without retaining the veto power”

The quote which sticks with me is from Dag Hammarskjöld, who claimed the organisation does not exist ‘to bring humanity to heaven, but to save it from hell’.

The UN isn't designed to step into every instance of conflict/peace breach, but is designed instead to stop major powers engaging in direct conflict (the context of the failure of the League of Nations and WW2 is fundamental to it).

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The UN isn't designed to step into every instance of conflict/peace breach, but is designed instead to stop major powers engaging in direct conflict (the context of the failure of the League of Nations and WW2 is fundamental to it).

Yes, saying the UN is a waste of time because wars still occur is like saying hospitals are a waste of time because we still struggle with health problems

4 hours ago, WV said:

I wonder who is taking the same stance as Farage on this? That it is our fault and we should have let Russia just take what it wants? 

It is shocking that this is happening in 2022 and more shocking noone will do anything about it for fear of annihilation. Do we really think Russia will press the big red button? 

What is equally shocking is civilians being asked to fight with AK47s and petrol bombs. Imagine Boris asking us to do that! I suppose those who wanted Syrians and Libyans to stay and fight for their country will be expecting the same from fleeing Ukrainians? 

You are full of <ovf censored> 

show me where farage has said let Russia take what it wants?? 
He has said why involve Ukraine in nato knowing Russia will react big difference 

35 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You are full of <ovf censored> 

show me where farage has said let Russia take what it wants?? 
He has said why involve Ukraine in nato knowing Russia will react big difference 

“And if Vladimir Putin’s one demand is that we state clearly that the Ukraine is not going to join NATO, why don’t we do it?

Of course it is the EU's fault that a murderous dictator is on a land grab. The guy is a contrarian and his followers are like a cult. Yes Mr Farage whatever you say Mr Farage. 

Would be nice if you could avoid the aggression in future in your replies. 

3 hours ago, Davebrad said:

in June 1950, the UNSC 82 allowed UN troops to go to the aid of S.Korea after it was invaded by N.Korea... whats the difference with Ukraine?

I agree we should do what we can to help but sending troops against Russia could be very deadly, we don’t want a WW3. China and the likes will get involved and suddenly everything escalates. We should be providing weapons and should have done a long time ago. 

28 minutes ago, WV said:

“And if Vladimir Putin’s one demand is that we state clearly that the Ukraine is not going to join NATO, why don’t we do it?

Of course it is the EU's fault that a murderous dictator is on a land grab. The guy is a contrarian and his followers are like a cult. Yes Mr Farage whatever you say Mr Farage. 

Would be nice if you could avoid the aggression in future in your replies. 

Your first comment is rubbish 

He is saying why have Ukraine in nato knowing he will invade 

that’s different to as u say it let putin take what he wants 

56 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Your first comment is rubbish 

He is saying why have Ukraine in nato knowing he will invade 

that’s different to as u say it let putin take what he wants 

What putin wants right now is Ukraine. Did NF say we should have let him take it or not? 

Archived