onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

David Amoo

Denry Machin

8 minutes ago, Beech said:

Our front three for me should be Proctor, Amoo and Worrall. Wilson on the bench. Amoo is one of the very few players that has a bit of pace in the squad, and certainly at the top end of the pitch.

Covolan

Gibbons    Hall   Smith   Hussey

Pett    Conlon

Garrity

Worrall                               Amoo

Proctor

Didnt look good for Wozza as he limped off on Saturday, cant see him featuring for at least a few weeks.

Advert

We should stick with the current formation now. No time time to play twist with a new one. Also, maybe it's the league, but with big teams we need to be able to defend the six yard box and three centre halves well drilled is the way. If I was manager and it was the start of the season I would be a 4 at the back man and have signed the players to do that.

3 hours ago, Denry Machin said:

It’s not about having a negative stance, it’s about watching games and acknowledging we lack a certain firepower and creativity within our play. The six draws we’ve had in this 8-match unbeaten run confirm that. 

And as I mentioned above, Amoo played the full 90 against Accrington and single-handedly changed the game when he came on at HT at Crawley. Sorry for spouting facts.

You are a card our Denry😉

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Didnt look good for Wozza as he limped off on Saturday, cant see him featuring for at least a few weeks.

I agree . I do hope Worrall get well soon . As vale do need him . To return as soon as possible. 

Good Luck for Tuesday night . We need 3 more points please . 

4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Amoo should be getting the shirt now someone said he couldn't play the wing back role and maybe he couldn't but then maybe he could who knows he rarely played in Worralls position all season anyway couldn't we go 4 at the back then he as Gibbons behind him .

His cameo v Rochdale was excellent but that was on the left for Cooper I feel he would be better on the right cause when on his game he is unplayable .

People might say that's not very often but under Askey he was one of the shining lights someone who goes at opposition .

I would play him at Harrogate someone mentioned there is not a lot of pace in our side well he as tons of it and in the games he as played up top he as done a ok job for me at least he stretches the oppositions backline .

I like Amoo 

UTV 

I think what Amoo has achieved this season is down to how he has been managed. His influence and impact has been more effective when he has come on from the bench. It would appear he is more effective when he is using his pace against opposition defenders when they are tiring. The truth is, that without Proctor leading the line everyone else who has played up front this season has struggled to hold the ball up and this includes Amoo.

If I think about most of the decent sides we have produced throughout the last 40 years or so they have all fed off good strong ball winning centre forwards, with the likes of Bernie Wright, Ernie Moss, Andy Jones, Darren Beckford, Steve Brooker, Marc Richards and latterly Tom Pope.  The only exception to this was probably during the Foyle era where we had pace in the team, although Foyle was no slouch in holding the ball up. I think what I am trying to say is that if Amoo starts up front, he needs more tools in his bag than just running at defenders. It would appear that out and out wingers have become something of the past at Vale Park.

Whilst not having started many games as he probably would have liked this season, I think that Amoo should be pleased with what he has contributed and achieved so far. 

Archived