onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

David Amoo

Denry Machin

There's often a criticism that players who aren't playing regularly are always thought of as being better than they actually are when they play? I was surprised Amoo was retained last summer, to be honest - many of us were saying he didn't contribute enough, often enough, and his injury record suggested his was a wage we could save? That he has been retained is strange - it can't be because he has impressed management enough, because I don't think he has? So, I would expect him to leave this summer. Cooper, to me, shows the depth of negativity on here, and the amount of scapegoating that goes on - the Sentinel's live commentary suggested he had put himself round a lot, last night, and been involved - positively - in a lot of moves. Reading on here, he's worse than useless, and people are whinging about him, almost non-stop? Someone has said we've never adequately replaced Politic - but he was victim of a similar amount of negativity and, to be honest, how many players of his age and ability were / are available to pick up in this League, especially when we had to bring in replacements for all the injuries?  

Advert

15 hours ago, LancyTony said:

There's often a criticism that players who aren't playing regularly are always thought of as being better than they actually are when they play? I was surprised Amoo was retained last summer, to be honest - many of us were saying he didn't contribute enough, often enough, and his injury record suggested his was a wage we could save? That he has been retained is strange - it can't be because he has impressed management enough, because I don't think he has? So, I would expect him to leave this summer. Cooper, to me, shows the depth of negativity on here, and the amount of scapegoating that goes on - the Sentinel's live commentary suggested he had put himself round a lot, last night, and been involved - positively - in a lot of moves. Reading on here, he's worse than useless, and people are whinging about him, almost non-stop? Someone has said we've never adequately Politic - but he was victim of a similar amount of negativity and, to be honest, how many players of his age and ability were / are available to pick up in this League, especially when we had to bring in replacements for all the injuries?  

Amoo wasn't retained last summer, he was halfway through a two years contract. So the management felt it was better to keep him than pay to leave.

On 23/02/2022 at 17:25, butt lane vale fan said:

Perhaps because he's simply not good enough and far too inconsistent 

I’m not convinced by that. Joint-top number of assists suggests otherwise, no?

In his 18 minutes against Rochdale, for example, he did what no other player had achieved all game.

Vale haven’t trounced any opposition  this season, essentially because of the system we play. The wing backs don’t bomb forward too often; Garrity and Pett are very solid but don’t create, neither Conlon or Amoo (10 assists between them) are in the current side, yet we’ve three strikers on the pitch. There’s an inevitable discordance in the game play, and the dull victory over lowly Stevenage demonstrated that. Positive result aside. March will be a very telling month.

1 hour ago, Denry Machin said:

I’m not convinced by that. Joint-top number of assists suggests otherwise, no?

In his 18 minutes against Rochdale, for example, he did what no other player had achieved all game.

Vale haven’t trounced any opposition  this season, essentially because of the system we play. The wing backs don’t bomb forward too often; Garrity and Pett are very solid but don’t create, neither Conlon or Amoo (10 assists between them) are in the current side, yet we’ve three strikers on the pitch. There’s an inevitable discordance in the game play, and the dull victory over lowly Stevenage demonstrated that. Positive result aside. March will be a very telling month.

Don't Colchester 3-0,Crawley 4-1 and Accrington Stanley 5-1 count as trouncing's any more?

He wouldn't be in my side, especially when we play 3 4 3. His awareness of others is clear to see. Every time Hussey gets the ball down the wing Amoo runs into his space. Hussey's delivery has been excellent, when Amoo is out of the team. I would only suggest Amoo starts if we pay 4 3 3, when he has looked useful.

He is not a striker. Its not happened for him. You can't, however, fault his effort.

I am happy he is here. He creates chances. He works hard and is physically strong. It's not use playing him as a target man on his own which is where we were at when we ran out of strikers. Edmondson scored yesterday though and can't argue therefore with his inclusion. But I think there is a point here when I analyse it. 

Don't Colchester 3-0,Crawley 4-1 and Accrington Stanley 5-1 count as trouncing's any more?

You be careful spouting those…facts. That doesn’t fit the negative stance !

On another thread someone was complaining that we could never score 5 past anyone this season like Swindon .. but we did ! … Accrington !

6 hours ago, For Us All said:

I take your point. (Though I was referring to the league more than the FA Cup). But since we’re here: who played the full 90 against Accrington and also came on at HT at Crawley to assist two goals and even bag one himself?

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

You be careful spouting those…facts. That doesn’t fit the negative stance !

On another thread someone was complaining that we could never score 5 past anyone this season like Swindon .. but we did ! … Accrington !

It’s not about having a negative stance, it’s about watching games and acknowledging we lack a certain firepower and creativity within our play. The six draws we’ve had in this 8-match unbeaten run confirm that. 

And as I mentioned above, Amoo played the full 90 against Accrington and single-handedly changed the game when he came on at HT at Crawley. Sorry for spouting facts.

Our front three for me should be Proctor, Amoo and Worrall. Wilson on the bench. Amoo is one of the very few players that has a bit of pace in the squad, and certainly at the top end of the pitch.

Covolan

Gibbons    Hall   Smith   Hussey

Pett    Conlon

Garrity

Worrall                               Amoo

Proctor

Archived