• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert:

Good stuff. We win, some of those above us didn't. Best 11 starting to form, competition for places from the bench, another game unbeaten, clean sheat.

Roll on the next game.

Edited by manc_vale
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Think this is another very, very average performance against a really poor side. It's like we know some teams are that bad we just can't raise our game and we just go through the motions. Almost play to their level.

I said that at the game today,we came down to their level BUT we needed those 3 points today no matter how we got them,so that will do for me,not pretty to watch but we are now in touching distance of the play offs and unbelievably 7 points off 2nd and 3rd place with 2/3 games in hand..... yes we have to improve but it will come,Gibbo and Proctor are getting their fitness back,we haven't been at the races yet are still 8 unbeaten,so imagine if we get our tempo back..... KTF everyone we can do this for DC

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Good stuff. We win, some of those above us didn't. Best 11 starting to form, competition for places from the bench, another game unbeaten, clean sheat.

Roll on the next game.

Hopefully building a solid foundation for the run in

• Like 2

Advert:

50 minutes ago, DazFred said:

8 games unbeaten 

14 points in that time 

4 clean sheets 

We can only focus on our games and just try to keep picking points up 

The squad and fans are incredible considering what's happening in the background

On to the next one

This is something else i mentioned today,we can all moan about recent performances but we dont know how its affected the players mentally with what has happened to DC so to keep picking up the points that's all we need for now

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Just seen the table, 7 points off 2nd place with two games in hand! Any sort of winning run could throw us right in the mix. Why am I not excited?

Performances are <ovf censored> that’s why but you should be excited, we are unbeaten in 8 games. Imagine what we will do when we play well!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

First time we have beaten Stevenage at Vale Park ?

In the league. We beat them in the cup when Remie Streete scored. We got booed off even though we won. 

I did say on here in the week that if we win today the people that have written us off for play offs will be back on the top 7 wagon. We’ve been fortunate with other results but results have gone against us pretty much every week.

Performance was very average after the second goal went in. Nice to win by more than one goal which we did in our last win but we kept a clean sheet today.

Support was outstanding today, real goosebumps at the end, sounded like there was double the gate.

As I’ve said all season, fans need to stop pressing the panic button so quickly. We need these points from the games in hand but we have some real momentum. 8 games unbeaten and we keep pushing. 

• Like 6

Dreadful to watch, but a win's a win.

Nothing much was happening, so I had a lot of time to think about this team. Here's what I came up with:

1) Brad Walker makes the 3/5 at the back make sense. He was great again today.

2) Pett needs to hurt teams or prepare to be dropped when Conlon is back. Stevenage were as poor as any side I've seen at Vale, yet he never turns on the ball and makes things happen. He's not physical enough to mix it, so he has to be creative, or at least move the ball faster. He slows us down and doesn't take enough risks on the ball and constantly passes the ball back under no pressure. Starting to boil my piss.

3) Gibbo is so good.

4) Holy is not a long term solution - I'd like Lucas back.

5) We're not going to concede many. I'd like another body in the middle of the park.

6) Getting out of this league is a must, the standard in nosediving.

Up the Vale. Darrell Clarke's black and white army.

• Like 2

Advert:

Not seen this mentioned but what a 2nd goal. Superb passing football, I think almost every outfield player hit a touch before it finally went in. One of  the rare occasions we looked to play the ball forward and sprint into space off the ball. Shows the potential with this squad and why I find us soooo frustrating to watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Performances are that’s why but you should be excited, we are unbeaten in 8 games. Imagine what we will do when we play well!
Great opportunity in the next few games, especially as other teams are playing eachother. Il try and cheer up and take the positives you've rightly pointed out
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Great opportunity in the next few games, especially as other teams are playing eachother. Il try and cheer up and take the positives you've rightly pointed out emoji106.png

Back to back away wins the next week and we will all be bouncing. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Dreadful to watch, but a win's a win.

Nothing much was happening, so I had a lot of time to think about this team. Here's what I came up with:

1) Brad Walker makes the 3/5 at the back make sense. He was great again today.

2) Pett needs to hurt teams or prepare to be dropped when Conlon is back. Stevenage were as poor as any side I've seen at Vale, yet he never turns on the ball and makes things happen. He's not physical enough to mix it, so he has to be creative, or at least move the ball faster. He slows us down and doesn't take enough risks on the ball and constantly passes the ball back under no pressure. Starting to boil my piss.

3) Gibbo is so good.

4) Holy is not a long term solution - I'd like Lucas back.

5) We're not going to concede many. I'd like another body in the middle of the park.

6) Getting out of this league is a must, the standard in nosediving.

Up the Vale. Darrell Clarke's black and white army.

Pett is tidy but plays too safe and simple for me. He's never poor but I'm often left with a feeling that he has it in him to be offering more, certainly going forward.

I suppose a lot of his good work comes off the ball.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

Dropped 2 points on Tuesday and suddenly tonight we are 7 points off second with 3 games in hand...!!

ITS STILL ON....

Had we not conceded so many late goals over the season and thrown points away we'd probably have a 'P' next to our name in the league table now.