onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert

4 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Not a chance of this happening but this 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 in recent months has been pretty awful to watch apart from 45 mins against Forest Green and the Carlisle game.  For me I'd like to give a simple 4-4-2 a go.

Covolan

Gibbons Smith Hall Hussey

Worrall Pett Garrity Amoo

Proctor Wilson

Let's start on the front foot, get in their faces and give it a go.

Have to say I was thinking the same way but different personnel. Back to basics 442 wingers putting balls into the box, full backs overlapping, CM breaking to support the attack with Wils dropping in the hole finding space. We need more ball carriers in the team and pace. This won’t happen but I would go

Holy

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Amoo Pett Garrity Woz

Proctor Wilson

Attack,Attack,Attack

Plenty of other attaching options on the bench

Holy
Smith Martin Benning E.Jones Hussey
             Garrity McFarlane Pett
                    Amoo Proctor

That’s the team my wife has picked.

I said Conlon wasn’t injured, so the obvious swap there was McFarlane...

The original plan was 4 strikers.

She thinks Tom Pett’s name is ‘Pete’

Guest Vale at home
12 minutes ago, 1 said:

Holy
Smith Martin Benning E.Jones Hussey
             Garrity McFarlane Pett
                    Amoo Proctor

That’s the team my wife has picked.

I said Conlon wasn’t injured, so the obvious swap there was McFarlane...

The original plan was 4 strikers.

She thinks Tom Pett’s name is ‘Pete’

I do think your wife is trying to help You .  

9 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Yep and why not, have people forgot how good they actually are? Need to get wingbacks who will play higher up the pitch, with more energy who are also willing to get behind. Especially at home on our pitch. Hussey doesn’t do that IMO. 

If you you care to read the post I replied to you’ll see the poster had included Hussey in their suggested team in a back 5 of Worrall Gibbo Hall Jones Hussey.  3 wingbacks, unless they were proposing Hussey as left sided CH.  Looks completely random to me.  Gibbo not fully fit.  Jones not match fit.  Why dismantle what has been a fairly solid central 3?

Caution to the wind! We have to play without fear now and try and outscore the opposition. 

Negative mentality isn't producing clean sheets or wins often enough.

We're safe from relegation and fearfully limping towards mid table nothingness.

We have players who have flare, pace, power and a goal threat. Let's change the negative mentality and fear of conceding a goal and actually try and WIN promotion! 

We've had decent crowds this season but we're rapidly becoming bored of this fearful, negative team who can't win at home! 

Sort it out Vale, games are rapidly running out now! 

20 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If you you care to read the post I replied to you’ll see the poster had included Hussey in their suggested team in a back 5 of Worrall Gibbo Hall Jones Hussey.  3 wingbacks, unless they were proposing Hussey as left sided CH.  Looks completely random to me.  Gibbo not fully fit.  Jones not match fit.  Why dismantle what has been a fairly solid central 3?

I’ve relied to you already previously on this I think it could work. The same as England playing Kyle Walker at RCB and us playing Cass at RCB who is naturally a RWB. I agree we’ve been solid defensively but our defensive set up is hampering our attacking play. Lots of our moves in the early season we’re started by Cass and Jones. That’s why I’d like to see Gibbons in the role of Cass and Jones back in the 11. Don’t agree that it’s a random choice. Wasn’t Dan Jones a LB at previous clubs as well? 

Playing sides like Stevenage at home I think we can be more attacking and if we’re are insistent on picking 3 centre backs (something I don’t agree with) then I would like them to be able to join and start attacks. I’m sick of seeing sides countering our formation and leaving our spare man as Smith, if that were Gibbons it would be much more threatening for us. That’s my rational behind it. 

(I’d prefer us to got 433 / 4231 but it’s never going to happen) 

10 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

After watching the other night apart from the  creativity we won virtually every second ball bar the last minute giveaway so my team is as follows they will play with one up front so no point having 3 defenders back there were at home create space and have more attacking intent on .

Holy 

Hall 

Gibbons Pett Garrity Hussey 

Worrall                Amoo 

Wilson

Proctor Edmondson 

That's my team real intent very few defensive players on .

Up and at them no messing .

Play to win from first kick and even at 2-0 up play like you still after that first goal. 

UTV 

Craziest selection I've ever seen,love it , who's your dealer?

With hindsight I think we panicked a little in January with our signings. Losing Cass was a huge blow and Politic gave us attacking options.

I'm ok with the keeper and Hall.

I don't know where Charsley or Cooper fit in. The two young forwards can't get a start now Proctor and Wilson are back. Hussey can take corners and offers no pace going forward. Robinson is one for the future. 

With Conlon injured there is no creativity so it looks like we are trying to do what we did when DC first arrived last and keep it tight and try to win 1-0. 

If this is the case then I'd bring Jones and Gibbo back in. Who for? No idea.

We need to turn these draws into wins. Starting with tomorrow

It’s quite amazing the likes of Swindon had virtually no players a week or so before the start of the season are doing so well. Williams who single handed ran us ragged at Vale park is not guaranteed at regular place. We seem to be lacking some vital ingredient as I think we have some good players but can’t seem to put teams to the sword. I would  like to see a bit more urgency and really get after teams. Very worried the season is drifting away from us with some very sloppy performances. Just hoping for a win tomorrow then let’s try to get a run going.

The time has come for the vale to get onto the front foot right at the start of the matches that are left no more tip tapping the ball sideways and back get stuck in to opposition from the start.If the ball is anywhere near the goal instead of looking for a team mate fire the ball towards the goal.

Holy

Gibbons                 Smith              Hall                    Jones

Charsley                     Pett              Garrity

Wilson

Procter                              Edmondson

We need energy all over our big pitch plus we need it off the bench wlth Amoo, Worall,Harrott, Hussey, Cooper we are not playing Real Madrid tomorrow we are playing Stevenage for christ sake get at them come on VALE do it for the fans and DARELL.

There's being a lot of negativity this week after the late Rochdale goal on the Vale forums .

Yes we want promotion of course we do but if you look over the season overall there's very few times we have deserved lose on the basis of what I've being seeing 👀 all season .

Oldham Sutton Salford  Sunderland (league cup)Northampton away (Wilson missed from one yard out )even Brentford at home if Politic puts it in its 2-2 ,really on the basis of our second half efforts did we deserve lose I do not  think we deserved lose any of them games and we have only lost 10 games all season including cups  

So all the doom merchants get over yourselves .

For one Jamie Proctor and James Gibbons have to get up to match speed ,we have Conlon back soon he is creative and can put a ball in top corners from free kicks etc and has more importantly the pass that can break the lines in order for Gibbons and Worrall to flourish add that to our will to win majority of balls then eventually this club of ours will be winning regularly and more importantly achieve either top 3 or 7 for sure for me .

Add into the extra what every member of staff will be giving to DC one hopes the determination should be on another level .

What have you got. 

A positive end to the season .

Just somehow got get Wilson interested in playing he seems to me for someone so highly rated a player who does not get involved in games much as much as I would like to see .

His performances in the last 2 I have seen are not to the level they need be at  

Hussey is a good footballer but needs quicken up  especially when we are going at teams  no laboured approach totally positive 

Pace can really hurt league 2 teams .

We have much to do but we can 1000 per cent do it  

UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

There's being a lot of negativity this week after the late Rochdale goal on the Vale forums .

Yes we want promotion of course we do but if you look over the season overall there's very few times we have deserved lose on the basis of what I've being seeing 👀 all season .

Oldham Sutton Salford  Sunderland (league cup)Northampton away (Wilson missed from one yard out )even Brentford at home if Politic puts it in its 2-2 ,really on the basis of our second half efforts did we deserve lose I do not  think we deserved lose any of them games and we have only lost 10 games all season including cups  

So all the doom merchants get over yourselves .

For one Jamie Proctor and James Gibbons have to get up to match speed ,we have Conlon back soon he is creative and can put a ball in top corners from free kicks etc and has more importantly the pass that can break the lines in order for Gibbons and Worrall to flourish add that to our will to win majority of balls then eventually this club of ours will be winning regularly and more importantly achieve either top 3 or 7 for sure for me .

Add into the extra what every member of staff will be giving to DC one hopes the determination should be on another level .

What have you got. 

A positive end to the season .

Just somehow got get Wilson interested in playing he seems to me for someone so highly rated a player who does not get involved in games much as much as I would like to see .

His performances in the last 2 I have seen are not to the level they need be at  

Hussey is a good footballer but needs quicken up  especially when we are going at teams  no laboured approach totally positive 

Pace can really hurt league 2 teams .

We have much to do but we can 1000 per cent do it  

UTV 

Love your optimism and really really hope your right but I’m afraid I can’t see it we look bang average at the moment and can’t see it changing even with conlon back 

Archived