onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Cullen

Iron Curtain

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He was playing at League 1 level then though and has scored goals for us and Hartlepool in League 2 more recently. 27 appearances this season, how many of our current strikers have made that many for us this season? 

I don't think he's played that much.

A quick look on player market stats shows he has made 11 starts in 17 EFL matches which averages out at 54 minutes per game. 

For comparison his replacement James Wilson has made 21 starts in 23 EFL matches.

Looks like a good decision to me just based on reliability - never mind game contribution.

Advert

A quick look on player market stats shows he has made 11 starts in 17 EFL matches which averages out at 54 minutes per game. 
For comparison his replacement James Wilson has made 21 starts in 23 EFL matches.
Looks like a good decision to me just based on reliability - never mind game contribution.
Doesn't suit Zebras agenda

There was a good player back in the day. I think a few of us watched that play off game for Blackpool a few years ago when he looked like an intelligent forward who knew how to work the channels.

However, he never looked suited to playing as the line forward in Askey’s 4-1-4-1, and I always felt Clarke wanted someone who could play at a higher tempo. 

On 21/02/2022 at 08:39, Wrex said:

6 in 27 is a decent record. Should someone tell Hartlepool that the transfer window shut three weeks ago? Maybe they're thinking Storm Eunice has blown it open again

Since when has a goal every four and something games been a decent record at any level?

Along with being a bit of a crock, Cullen is the definition is bang average. His problem is he's not particularly quick, certainly not strong, has no height... He's an okay finisher but unless you're in a side that creates plenty it means little.

10 hours ago, Beech said:

Since when has a goal every four and something games been a decent record at any level?

Along with being a bit of a crock, Cullen is the definition is bang average. His problem is he's not particularly quick, certainly not strong, has no height... He's an okay finisher but unless you're in a side that creates plenty it means little.

You said it yourself, "Cullen is the definition is bang average". One goal every four games is pretty average.

Decent as in satisfactory, not anything more than that

1. I've moved this thread to Port Vale past

2. He's joined the growing former Vale contingent at national League North side AFC Fylde - that's Chris Neal, Luke Joyce, Danny Whitehead and now Cullen that they have.

On 21/02/2022 at 13:35, Mario said:
On 21/02/2022 at 13:18, MBE said:

Doesn't suit Zebras agenda

12 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I think a couple of bad injuries Cullen had before his time at Vale have taken their toll.  Blackpool and Luton fans have nothing but praise for him.  I think we saw in fits and starts he could finish but was too injury prone sadly!

Agree totally. Possibly the best finisher at the club in his time, just never fit enough to play a sustained run of games. 

On 23/02/2022 at 09:10, robf said:

1. I've moved this thread to Port Vale past

2. He's joined the growing former Vale contingent at national League North side AFC Fylde - that's Chris Neal, Luke Joyce, Danny Whitehead and now Cullen that they have.

glutton for punshment aint  he?😄

Archived