Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 20/02/2022 at 20:10, Biddulph_PV said:

My line up:

Holy

Smith-Hall-Jones

Gibbo-Pett-Charsley-Hussey

Wilson-Proctor-Amoo

I think Jones has to come back in, was one of our better performers pre-Xmas. Let’s see what Charsley can bring to the party in midfield. Wilson to be more withdrawn with Amoo supporting Proctor. Wozza to have a rest with performances having dipped last few weeks.

Would only change one of your team , I would play Gerraty behind Wilson and Proctor

Holy

Smith Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Charsley Hussey

Gerraty

Wilson Proc 

Edited by aspin for england

Advert:

Please don’t bring Jones back, he is a complete liability, gets out of position so many times: Northampton away, Bradford’s at home, Accrington at home and Sutton, imho he offers nothing whatsoever 

He offers plenty , he’s a ball playing centre half , which is needed in a back 3. He has pace, he’s good in the air and he has a long throw.
That puts a team under pressure and pins a team in their own half and stops them from clearing it into row Z.

Yes he has lapses in concentration and has a mistake in him … but then that’s why he’s a division 4 footballer , not higher.

So he does have something to offer. And will
Come back in if someone’s form dips or if there are injuries or suspensions.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

He offers plenty , he’s a ball playing centre half , which is needed in a back 3. He has pace, he’s good in the air and he has a long throw.
That puts a team under pressure and pins a team in their own half and stops them from clearing it into row Z.

Yes he has lapses in concentration and has a mistake in him … but then that’s why he’s a division 4 footballer , not higher.

So he does have something to offer. And will
Come back in if someone’s form dips or if there are injuries or suspensions.

Agree. I’m starting wonder whether I’ve been watching the right player because I don’t recognise the one in some of the comments.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

Would only change one of your team , I would play Gerraty behind Wilson and Proctor

Holy

Smith Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Charsley Hussey

Gerraty

Wilson Proc 

Although we obviously haven’t seen much of Charsley, my early impressions rightly or wrongly are that he’s similar to Garrity. I fear therefore with both in there we’d have very little midfield creativity and would go direct. Amoo would I feel therefore give us a pacy outlet and a bit of creativity as well as hopefully keeping a man or two of there’s back a further 10 yards. We will see.

It's all about opinions and stuff but if you're actually arguing that Jones was poor then you've completely forgotten/misremembered a major chunk of the season (the bit where we were joint top and won 8 out of 11 and put five past League 1 teams). 

Like I see the argument that he shouldn't get in the side as Hall is good, but Dan Jones was objectively good until the Walsall game. It's not really up for debate.

Maybe recency bias having an effect as the last few games he played in he was poor.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 7

Advert:

32 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Although we obviously haven’t seen much of Charsley, my early impressions rightly or wrongly are that he’s similar to Garrity. I fear therefore with both in there we’d have very little midfield creativity and would go direct. Amoo would I feel therefore give us a pacy outlet and a bit of creativity as well as hopefully keeping a man or two of there’s back a further 10 yards. We will see.

I agree ,but against Tranmere we seemed to be missing that extra midfielder .

Advert:

Thinking of tomoz lets hope we play a formation what as us on the front foot .

The other week v Northampton we had very little thrust down either flank and booting it long towards Wilson is downright pointless ,has he ever scored a headed goal for Vale if he as I can never recall it so I feel maybe we could play with a diamond formation ,something like this I think that charlsley had played in that formation for Mansfield v us and he played very well as we couldn't cope with it .

Holy 

Robinson Walker Hall Hussey 

Pett Garrity 

Charsley 

Wilson      Gibbons 

Proctor 

Something like that .

UTV 

Time to try something else as goals dried up and performances are so so .

We have players twiddling there thumbs let's see if they can give us that extra what will be required if play offs are to be met .

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

Hopefully weather won’t be a factor this evening.  The winds have calmed but I’ll be well pissed off if I drive up there and we have another Salford situation.  Forecast looks decent but it’s supposed to be fair here and it’s tipping it down right now.