Fosse69

Advert

13 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

My line up:

Holy

Smith-Hall-Jones

Gibbo-Pett-Charsley-Hussey

Wilson-Proctor-Amoo

I think Jones has to come back in, was one of our better performers pre-Xmas. Let’s see what Charsley can bring to the party in midfield. Wilson to be more withdrawn with Amoo supporting Proctor. Wozza to have a rest with performances having dipped last few weeks.

Please don’t bring Jones back, he is a complete liability, gets out of position so many times: Northampton away, Bradford’s at home, Accrington at home and Sutton, imho he offers nothing whatsoever 

I'd be very cautious about starting Proctor after such a long lay-out. The same goes for Gibbo.

I know the counter argument is to get some match fitness into them but I'd worry about rushing both of them too soon, especially as they've only had 48 hours rest.

Obviously, it depends on how the medical team see their fitness levels but If it were up to me (which thankfully it's not) I would have both as subs on Tuesday as extremely useful game changers off the bench and then have a view to them starting on Saturday if they have no adverse reactions.

There's still a lot of matches to be played.

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

Please don’t bring Jones back, he is a complete liability, gets out of position so many times: Northampton away, Bradford’s at home, Accrington at home and Sutton, imho he offers nothing whatsoever 

Jones offers nothing? Come off it. He can’t be that bad we were 2nd when he was in the team? He’s been excellent. 

Wonder how many tickets sold for this game in promotion season 2013 on a sat took over 2000 .

On a tues night in dreary cold or wet February I'd say 400 /500 max although me lads going with a car full and Dicko sold one coach full and officially no idea how many sold.

Big game impressed with Rochdale in game at Vale park although in fairness we gave them all three goals .

Hopefully not another draw  win sets us up with Stevenage coming up at home a team we never seem to win against .

Go for the win tomoz Vale .

Let your shackles down and go at them all game .

Will be watching on ifollow as work straight after  

UTV 

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Wonder how many tickets sold for this game in promotion season 2013 on a sat took over 2000 .

That was a really horrible day. The weather, the behaviour of the fans, the performance and result, just awful.

I kind of hope tomorrow is postponed as I really want to go (and visit The Baum too) but my wife's taking our child to visit her parents on Wednesday and I don't feel that I can go out the night before. I'd have never guessed back in 2013 that I'd be missing a game because of bath time.

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

2-2 I didn't realise our fans were behaving badly the train and tram I was on was bouncing,singing ,laughing I  think Hughes scored one I cannot quite recall who scored other but day wise it was good do remember us not being quite at it though .

UTV 

Pope scored the first then Chilvers scored our second if I remember rightly off a corner.

Can’t remember our fans behaving too badly that day though but might be wrong. I enjoyed the day though even if it was a bit of a letdown right at the end.

18 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Vale haven't won away at Rochdale since we beat them in the ldv trophy in 2001. We haven't beat them away in the league since 1984. We need win this but got a feeling it will be another draw 1 1 or 2 2.

Up until this season they hadn't beaten us at Vale Park since the sixties i believe. Time to change that as they did.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I'd be very cautious about starting Proctor after such a long lay-out. The same goes for Gibbo.

I know the counter argument is to get some match fitness into them but I'd worry about rushing both of them too soon, especially as they've only had 48 hours rest.

Obviously, it depends on how the medical team see their fitness levels but If it were up to me (which thankfully it's not) I would have both as subs on Tuesday as extremely useful game changers off the bench and then have a view to them starting on Saturday if they have no adverse reactions.

There's still a lot of matches to be played.

Good call. The counter counter argument is that we need some wins and these guys will achieve that. The other argument is that we need them for our bigger games . Tough choices ahead

essential we win tomorrow. A run of four winnable games if we're back on form. I feel we need them all to get back in the mix and to provide that bomb proof momentum we had prior to Xmas. we were majestic in dire conditions at Bristol then ran out of luck having no forwards again in the next game at Newport. the postponments followed by comings and going in January have really disrupted us but we coming out the other side of that. I want to be heading to Harrogate on 01/03 on the back of two wins, bash them and complete the rout at Colchester. let's make it our year and have a promoted already party in Devon. AS we saw at Carlisle, the pressure seems to be off us playing away and the home team coming out to try to win gives us the edge.

1 hour ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

essential we win tomorrow. A run of four winnable games if we're back on form. I feel we need them all to get back in the mix and to provide that bomb proof momentum we had prior to Xmas. we were majestic in dire conditions at Bristol then ran out of luck having no forwards again in the next game at Newport. the postponments followed by comings and going in January have really disrupted us but we coming out the other side of that. I want to be heading to Harrogate on 01/03 on the back of two wins, bash them and complete the rout at Colchester. let's make it our year and have a promoted already party in Devon. AS we saw at Carlisle, the pressure seems to be off us playing away and the home team coming out to try to win gives us the edge.

I tend to agree. Everybody keeps saying “lots of games to go”, “we just need a small run of victories” etc. But for every game we play, there are less game to go, and less games to close the defisit. I know it won’t be certain until the last game is played, but we need to turn the X’s into W’s soon

Archived