• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

If we can’t beat a side like Rochdale who were beyond poor tonight then you can forget about making the playoffs. Poor recruitment in January, the loss of Politic, and injuries to key players throughout the season is finally catching up with us. Another season in league 2 awaits unfortunately. 

Advert:

Just now, Beech said:

Wilson is a bit of a fair weather player. Great when the team is confident and winning games. But not someone you can rely on when you're grinding out results and not playing well most weeks. Spends far too many games on the periphary.

He's just Louis Dodds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great result, another point on the board, keeps the unbeaten run going and we’ve got games in hand on most teams….why, there’s still 16 games left, 48 points to play for nonetheless. As we’re guaranteed to win at least 15 of these games thereby achieving virtually the same number of points due to our free-scoring attack and water-tight defence, I’ve never been more sure about going up. But if we don’t, then it doesn’t matter because it will come next year, or the year after but definitely the year after that. But you can’t hurry these things, and anybody we gets impatient quite frankly hates the club, despises C&K and DC and should s*d off to watch Stoke instead. 

UTV!

Go on and have your say now. Hope they are all listening. Think they know everything.

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If we don't go up, it's our longest continuous spell in the bottom tier since the late 1940s/early 50s.

Really!!!! , interesting stat 🤔 and I'm being serious, would have thought late 70s early 80s - good spot anyway 👍👍👍

Gotta say the difference between the Rochdale we lost to months ago and the one we played tonight is also like night and day. Despite the fact that we could and should have scored three in the first 15 minutes against them at Vale Park, I thought they looked a very useful side all over the pitch. They were abysmal tonight and looked like a team any decent side would swat aside.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 2

That one <ovf censored> wrecks, we just keep dropping points now is the time where teams start to put runs together and find form but we look disjointed with no attacking threat automatics no chance play offs is 50/50 but if we keep playing like this we will be way behind in no yome 

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Go on and have your say now. Hope they are all listening. Think they know everything.

No most were commenting on his constant negativity it’s been going on forever 

I’ll admit for me after tonight we will do well recover from that 

Just now, Hoppers said:

Really!!!! , interesting stat 🤔 and I'm being serious, would have thought late 70s early 80s - good spot anyway 👍👍👍

5 seasons in Div 4 from 1978-1983, 1 in Div 3 83-84, then another 2 in Div 4. Was a bad time but it did have a promotion and one non-bottom tier season in the middle.

Next year would be our 6th at this level.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Even I am speechless after that. I can't defend that performance at all. Maybe got accept that we are destined for just below playoff positions. If can pluck anything its that we looked secure again defensively - well, upto the 93rd minute that is 😭😭😭

We looked secure. Against Rochdale. Give over.

We were against Scunthorpe too. Trouble is there are some decent football teams in this tinpot league

We were poor, took it for granted against a really poor side, and got bitten in the bum.  Really rubbish effort.  Oh well a record breaking another season in the lowest tier on the horizon. Jeez. 

I mean what the hell do we need to do just to be L1 plodders? Not much to ask is it?  To compete with the Burtons and Fleetwoods of this world.

Instead we are L2 plodders.

Depressing. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We looked secure. Against Rochdale. Give over.

We were against Scunthorpe too. Trouble is there are some decent football teams in this tinpot league

Was trying to find one teensy weensy positive  but ur Probably right 😂😂😂 actually glad I can't go Saturday as am going a comic con 😁👍

Rochdale at home and away. Sutton away. Oldham away. Newport away. Salford at home. Forest Green at home. All games we’ve thrown away. The feeling after this game has been all too familiar this season. Promotion teams simply don’t throw away points so easily. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Only Hall looks a like a good signing from January at the moment. Edmondson and Harrity, and I don't want to be too harsh on either as they are young lads, especially the latter, are clearly not the answer. Plenty of effort but little in the way of ability. Charsley doesn't look any better than Burgess. Cooper the less said about the better right now. Holy no better than the two keepers we already had. Hussey is undoubtedly a decent player and a solid pro but we were crying out for another striker that was somewhat proven at the level, not a left-back.

It's looking like we fell into the trap of just bringing in bodies for the sake of it and not because they would actually really strengthen us, Hall excluded.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1