onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

37 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It's a project. Give it ten years.  Let's see where we are then.  Ten plus years of mis management aren't changed around over night.  This season looks like it may be headed for disappointment.  Hope not. Not sure what the problem is with that opinion. 

Ten years to get out of this poxy division…. No thanks, losing interest in this season already. 9 more seasons like this and I’ll be watching sky premier league football on a Saturday afternoon and that bores me with just the thought.

2 seasons ago we finished 8th with Askey, anything below 7th this season is a massive failure and I seriously ask is DC the right man to take us forward and will definitely not give him 10 seasons!

Advert

Personally I think all three keepers come in the adequate category, not great not crap.  Cov probably shades it, if you ignore the occasional brain farts. Not sure what the point of freezing him out is. If that is the case. Not sure what the point of having a loanee keeper is when you have two adequate keepers on the books.

Stick Cov back in on a final warning to cut out rushes of blood to the head. That's what I'd do. He's decent, under contract for another season. Just needs to cut out doing dumb stuff now and again.  

16 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Its not good enough

Look at the league table

Sigh…. Ok I just looked again… the teams in 2nd and 3rd don’t have a consistently scoring goal scorer.

Thats my point, you are arguing my point for me again. 

For the 10th time… I would LOVE a mega goal scorer, they are ace and we would be in a better position if we have one.

But the facts are, proven this year and last… you don’t HAVE to have one.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Sigh…. Ok I just looked again… the teams in 2nd and 3rd don’t have a consistently scoring goal scorer.

Thats my point, you are arguing my point for me again. 

For the 10th time… I would LOVE a mega goal scorer, they are ace and we would be in a better position if we have one.

But the facts are, proven this year and last… you don’t HAVE to have one.

Both have signed one though. Labala for Northampton and Hemmings from Tranmere. Agree it’s not needed though and I think Proctor could easily get 15/20 if fit all season. 

8 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Ten years to get out of this poxy division…. No thanks, losing interest in this season already. 9 more seasons like this and I’ll be watching sky premier league football on a Saturday afternoon and that bores me with just the thought.

2 seasons ago we finished 8th with Askey, anything below 7th this season is a massive failure and I seriously ask is DC the right man to take us forward and will definitely not give him 10 seasons!

If it hadn’t of been for covid we would have finished in the playoffs with Askey, and I know we still got an outside chance this season but if we fail again next season then  decision s have to be made because that ain’t good enough 

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Agreed. His kicking and ball distribution were not great either. His strength was he was good at saves. However his temperament and ability to handle pressure was not good enough. 

He wasn’t a bad keeper, far from it but he deserved to be dropped. 

Holy is the sort of solid shot stopper who will get games at league 1 and 2 level because he seems solid.

In fact, Holy, with more than 150 games at league 1 level or above, he has played more games at these higher levels than any other player in our squad. 

He would not have achieved that being poor. 

Disagree. Covolan’s distribution is decent. Throws it out to a defender more often than not. Holy tends to kick long. And I’m not sure you can say Holy is a solid shot stopper because I can’t recall him stopping any.

Covolan was an idiot but despite everything he’s done right, I think Clarke was wrong to bad mouth him on air the way he did after Swindon and signing Holy for what was effectively two games of Covolan’s ban was not, as far as I can see, a particularly sensible use of resources. 

59 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Covolan was an idiot but despite everything he’s done right, I think Clarke was wrong to bad mouth him on air the way he did after Swindon and signing Holy for what was effectively two games of Covolan’s ban was not, as far as I can see, a particularly sensible use of resources. 

Perhaps not a great use of resources. Will Covolan be on a lot of money though? A goalkeeper signed from non-League shouldn't break the bank. Stone out of contract, Holy probably available, Covolan a year left. Decisions to be made in the summer for the recruitment team certainly, no obvious decision if the current situation continues.

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

It's a project. Give it ten years.  Let's see where we are then.  Ten plus years of mis management aren't changed around over night.  This season looks like it may be headed for disappointment.  Hope not. Not sure what the problem is with that opinion. 

Not remotely true to say 10 years of mismanagement. We had a promotion and a few good years in league one during that time. 

I hate Smurfwaite but forgetting how it was turned around from MOLD to league 1 shows it can be done. Due to the fans and good managers who bought good players. 

10 years to get out of league 2 would damage the club. 

On 23/02/2022 at 10:19, pete vale said:

Lets just get behind the lads.

This is always said season after season after season. Praise all you want as constant as you want, but it makes little difference to what happens on the pitch.

22 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Not remotely true to say 10 years of mismanagement. We had a promotion and a few good years in league one during that time. 

I hate Smurfwaite but forgetting how it was turned around from MOLD to league 1 shows it can be done. Due to the fans and good managers who bought good players. 

10 years to get out of league 2 would damage the club. 

That promotion side of 2013 was a damn site better than this side and better to watch 

4 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

That promotion side of 2013 was a damn site better than this side and better to watch 

Overall yes, but to be honest the pre Christmas Covid Vale team this year was probably the best since then. 

Even in 2013 we had some duff performances, Barnet away springs to mind. 

Just seen there goal again 2 free headers from there goal kick .

What a series of unfortunate events .

To be honest they want a rocket up there arses after that giveaway as Rochdale were outfought throughout so to do that to the 740 not so much us who watched it at home as we were not there was appalling. 

This happens to often in context of season .

Think we have a weak mentality at times theres no other way describe it winning 2-1 at Oldham showed weakness v Sutton 3-2 showed weakness  

It's not like it's a rare thing it's being happening for seasons .

Unless we curb it we will never get out of this league .

We cannot do it once in last 16 games now let's see if there mentality and will and belief grows stronger we cannot afford any more late game giveaways  

Enough is enough 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Just seen there goal again 2 free headers from there goal kick .

What a series of unfortunate events .

To be honest they want a rocket up there arses after that giveaway as Rochdale were outfought throughout so to do that to the 740 not so much us who watched it at home as we were not there was appalling. 

This happens to often in context of season .

Think we have a weak mentality at times theres no other way describe it winning 2-1 at Oldham showed weakness v Sutton 3-2 showed weakness  

It's not like it's a rare thing it's being happening for seasons .

Unless we curb it we will never get out of this league .

We cannot do it once in last 16 games now let's see if there mentality and will and belief grows stronger we cannot afford any more late game giveaways  

Enough is enough 

UTV 

Interestingly a lot of the teams above us play each other in the next few weeks, Newport vs Forest Green and we still have a number of games left yet and two games in hand..I remain hopeful UTV

Archived