onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I want Lucas back now I think, i was furious after Swindon and if we had booted him out the club I would have said good riddance at the time but out of the emotion of that and the performances of Holy we need him back now. 

That goal should have been saved last night but his positioning was poor, few steps out seeing what was going to happen and reading the game and the angle is narrower and he makes the stop, didnt exactly close off the angle for the Tranmere goal either.

Problem is at the moment Lucas isn't even on the bench which suggests Stone would be the change if made at the moment.

I honestly don’t think Lucas would have done any better. Ironically bar the Swindon game he’s looked out if position himself and barely made a save all season. I would say exactly the same about Holy. They are both much of a muchness for me. I would stick with Holy though because he doesn’t look like he’s going to get involved into anything unnecessarily and the sheer size of him makes teams think twice about balls in the box.

I’d rather have Stone to be honest but you have to put up with his erratic distribution and lacks presence but he’s reliable and a good shot stopper.

I know this will upset many vale fans but after sitting through last nights match at Rochdale can anyone explain why James Wilson wears the number 9 shirt for our club. I know anyone can have a poor game now and then but being one of the two main strikers we have is no excuse  for hardly being in the opposition box all night. the second half he spent wide right the only time he ended in the box he should have buried the chance or at least make the goalie save it.People say to me he has the best football brain in our league maybe he has but in our league you have to have passion and work rate a little skill always help of course it does.But i would have more Ben Garrity's in the side than james Wilson's.We spent nearly all the match in there half of the pitch last night and yet you could count on one hand how many shots we had at there goal .

I know this will upset many vale fans but after sitting through last nights match at Rochdale can anyone explain why James Wilson wears the number 9 shirt for our club. I know anyone can have a poor game now and then but being one of the two main strikers we have is no excuse  for hardly being in the opposition box all night. the second half he spent wide right the only time he ended in the box he should have buried the chance or at least make the goalie save it.People say to me he has the best football brain in our league maybe he has but in our league you have to have passion and work rate a little skill always help of course it does.But i would have more Ben Garrity's in the side than james Wilson's.We spent nearly all the match in there half of the pitch last night and yet you could count on one hand how many shots we had at there goal .

Let's just forget the fact that he's our top scorer and concentrate solely on last night's game shall we? Bloody Vale fans

This is the 3rd time in the last 9 years that we have conceded injury time goals away at Rochdale. We did it in the promotion season 2 1 up we all thought we were up and they equalised to make it 2 2. Then s couple of years later we were set for a bore draw nil nil them Calvin Andrew scored right at the death and then last night's injury time goal. I just think we are once again one of them teams that buckles under pressure hence why we never make the play offs or top 3. I also think we lack a 20 goal striker that can score the goals to settle a tight match. We have people that can score but only 12 a season tops whereas others upthere have Telford Stevens Matt jay ect. I honestly can't see us making the top 7 we just have a habit of constantly falling short.

25 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Let's just concentrate on getting out of this bloody crap league if he does not improve his drive and passion we will never get out of it sorry but is only my opinion.

Let's just forget the fact that he's our top scorer and concentrate solely on last night's game shall we? Bloody Vale fans

We didn’t play 2 main strikers last night, we played 3-4-3 and Wilson was playing on the wide right of a 3, that was his role. Whilst coopers was wide left. Wilson isn’t the sole reason we lost 2 points. We should have defended better, the  goal is poor IMO from Hall and Hussey. 

Dont worry about Holy for their goal last night.

Blame stops with Hall. Weak defending and the ball should never have gone further than him.

Good player but a big big mistake last night

Wilson's miss too. Poor effort and proved to cost us dearly.

Either of those two do better and we win. Wilson and Hall probably the first names on team sheet but they both made mistakes last night and it cost us.

36 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

This is the 3rd time in the last 9 years that we have conceded injury time goals away at Rochdale. We did it in the promotion season 2 1 up we all thought we were up and they equalised to make it 2 2. Then s couple of years later we were set for a bore draw nil nil them Calvin Andrew scored right at the death and then last night's injury time goal. I just think we are once again one of them teams that buckles under pressure hence why we never make the play offs or top 3. I also think we lack a 20 goal striker that can score the goals to settle a tight match. We have people that can score but only 12 a season tops whereas others upthere have Telford Stevens Matt jay ect. I honestly can't see us making the top 7 we just have a habit of constantly falling short.

People keep telling us that you dont need a proven 15+ goal scorer.

More often than not you do. Oh and you also need backup for two strikers who both regularly miss half a season.

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

More often than not you do. Oh and you also need backup for two strikers who both regularly miss half a season.

Northampton's top scorer has 8.  Tranmere's top scorer has 5.  Garrity has 8 and Proc has 7.  Just saying.

29 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

It’s nice to have one, but there are many proof points that you don’t need one. 

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Northampton's top scorer has 8.  Tranmere's top scorer has 5.  Garrity has 8 and Proc has 7.  Just saying.

We are not Northampton or Tranmere.  Both have ten more points than us despite their lack of goals. Need also to look at goals conceded, perhaps you dont need to score as many with a better defencive record.

Northampton look the exception this season. One nil wins look the norm to them and their style is set out to achieve this. When we played Tranmere early season many people commented that we both looked desperately short of goals and that has proved to be the case i feel. Even now Tranmere struggle to score but again with their defensive record they look ok and closer to promotion than we do.

We are short of goals and when we also lack creativity and goals from a midfield five it puts added pressure on the front two.

Garrity has been a huge added and surprise bonus to our midfield goals output. Without him we would be nowhere near the play offs. The remainder of the midfield five, whoever we play lack goals. Conlon the exception but you cannot always rely on excellent free kicks and the odd spectacular goal.

I honestly believe we need a front two to score a minimum of 30 goals for us to be successful. Another alternative, which i believe will happen next season, is to replace Worral with a better goal scoring return, which we dont have in the squad at present. Worral does not score the goals we need from a player involved as much as he. Gibbons will not score goals. Pett will not score goals. Hussey, maybe free kicks but not if Conlon is playing. Walker no goals. Not sure Taylor will be playing at all. Amoo very few goals. Hurst the same. NO GOALS

Thats why i believe we need a front two to score 30+  OR change the system which i dont believe DC would be keen on. I believe we will stick with 3 5 2 next season and need the players play it.

Just saying.

Archived