onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Santa said:

It’s not about Wilson’s miss, it’s more about all the chances we didn’t create due to approaching the match in completely the wrong way.

We might as well give up on the idea of getting in the play offs if we don’t have the cojones to play those sort of matches properly. A decent side doesn’t come away from that sort of situation with a hard luck story. F F S 

Exactly. 

Advert

15 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

I understand your frustration, we’re all the same , perhaps some realism should be accepted though . 
You may not think it’s ‘your job’ but you certainly have a go at it each week and seem to think it’s your job to criticise every little thing that doesn’t go your way . 

I’ll say again , we’re following a League 2 Club , frustration is a given and nothing is guaranteed, ask the many ex League Clubs now out of the League , they’d swap us in a second . 

With all due respect that’s the idea of a football forum. I wouldn’t post on here if I didn’t want to discuss the vale. Every little thing? Fans can criticise, since your so up to date with what I post I imagine that you’ve noticed I didn’t post any negativity or criticisms for the early part of the season. I have criticised where I think it’s due. We are currently a league 2 club. We shouldn’t be. Yes it’s frustrating another 6 years stuck in this division which some have just come to accept as normality. There’s a hell of a lot of clubs at the end of that spectrum that we would swap places with in a second. Sadly, one thing that does seem guaranteed is us in league 2 season after season. Even the more disappointing if it happens again this season given the investment and fantastic start. 

8 minutes ago, Santa said:

It’s not about Wilson’s miss, it’s more about all the chances we didn’t create due to approaching the match in completely the wrong way.

We might as well give up on the idea of getting in the play offs if we don’t have the cojones to play those sort of matches properly. A decent side doesn’t come away from that sort of situation with a hard luck story. F F S 

Spot on 

Looking on the flip side, we have absolutely no reason to be negative now. We are not in any danger of going down so you might as well just go for it, let the breaks off, and see where it takes us. Hey, we might even start entertaining people again? How many halves of football have we had recently where the keepers not even got his gloves dirty? Far too many for a supposed ‘promotion chasing side’. We’re out of the play-offs as it stands, miles of the auto and drawing 1-1 with the likes of Rochdale ain’t taking us very far that’s for sure, so come on, throw caution out of the window and let’s just go for it! 

12 minutes ago, Santa said:

How far is Tom Conlon from a return? Because we badly needed his drive tonight. We're a shadow of the side that got to 2nd in the table before all the injuries and the Covid layoff.

Everything is just so safe at the moment always playing the bog standard percentage ball. The commitment is there . The effort is there but wheres the ones that are going to stand up and take a hold of a game and attempt to make something happen. I see so many of them just laying off the simple balls rather than take a chance and trying to play someone through. We look a good team until we cross the halfway line its like nobody knows what to do with it 

Only 4 more points and we're safe for another season. This dire football is hardly going to build any momentum and sell season tickets. We look like a plodding mid table side and have done since November

January window shows we don't have the financial clout to push us on. Good job we had a decent start otherwise we may have been dragged into a scrap at the bottom. 18 points from the last 15 league games.

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

With all due respect that’s the idea of a football forum. I wouldn’t post on here if I didn’t want to discuss the vale. Every little thing? Fans can criticise, since your so up to date with what I post I imagine that you’ve noticed I didn’t post any negativity or criticisms for the early part of the season. I have criticised where I think it’s due. We are currently a league 2 club. We shouldn’t be. Yes it’s frustrating another 6 years stuck in this division which some have just come to accept as normality. There’s a hell of a lot of clubs at the end of that spectrum that we would swap places with in a second. Sadly, one thing that does seem guaranteed is us in league 2 season after season. Even the more disappointing if it happens again this season given the investment and fantastic start. 

You are quite correct everyone can criticise however sometimes it’s perhaps somewhat over the top . 
You may not have criticised earlier in the season however things were going your way then we’re they not . 

No one can say they should or shouldn’t be in any league there is no divine right . 
This is the first year for many a year we have been on a sound  footing , I’ll take that over the chaos of previous owners . 
Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say .
Yes it would be great to get promotion first time out under this regime , it could still well happen, but if it doesn’t I’m sure we’ll be well equipped to give it a good go next time . 
Frustration, disappointment , highs and lows all go with lower league football , we all get to experience it , some obviously deal with it better than others . 
UTV 

I genuinely believe vale are the hardest team to support in the football league 
Not for me. I love 'em!! All the years of sh##e make the rare periods of success all the sweeter. Its what lower league football is all about. Wouldn't want to support a premiershi# team, too boring. On a brighter note, radio Stoke the other day said dave artell is' a victim of his own succsess ' what succsess?! He is on his way. Can't stand the man

8 minutes ago, Santa said:

Best pies in the League though. I’ll give them that. Had a steak one. Saw someone else tucking into a chicken balti. Immediately got pie envy.

I’ll look forward to having one again next sodding season. 

The role of pies in football is much underrated.  Feel starving now.  

Also what’s the current obsession that lower league journeymen you’ve never heard of have with cupping their ears at away fans? The other week it was some no-mark at Carlisle and tonight it was half the Rochdale side who, by rights, should have been apologising to their own fans and sheepishly handing their draw bonuses over to their Supporters Trust based on the performance they’d phoned in. 

Archived