onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

It’s as if everything is too safe and we are scared of throwing it away. Then low and behold we go and throw it away anyway. You can feel it coming. 

Rather than taking the shackles off and having the mentality of going out and clawing back the lost ground we’ve been too cautious in not wanting to lose any more ground. 

That’s why I got lambasted on Saturday for saying I felt it was ‘must-win’. The 6-pointers against the top 3 protagonists are so important if we want to be in the mix. Ok we draw against all three, but we might as well have gone for it against FGR who are too far clear (instead we did absolutely nothing 2nd half) and maybe Northampton and we might have won one and lost one, so wouldn’t have been in any worse a position going into Tranmere. Draws are absolutely no use whatsoever now, I really cannot understand the mentally of being defensive when we simply cannot keep clean sheets.

Advert

1 minute ago, ValeGez said:

‘Hate’ is quite a word .

I’m expressing an opinion as you frequently point out when someone disagrees with what you have to say, which is quite often . 
Most people just disagree they don’t ‘hate’ .

We all want the same , success for Vale , unfortunately we’re in League 2 it doesn’t come easy and it’s not guaranteed. 

It’s a comment I don’t like seeing, sorry if hate seems strong but it frustrates me when fans come out with ‘you do better then’ it’s not our job to do that. 

Absolutely gutted. Heart beat never rose at all during the game as they had nothing. Vale defence and midfield good but nothing up front. Wozza an Wilson should have sealed the victory. About time that Wilson started using his weaker foot better. Thought he had enough to get ball onto his left foot and score easily. Seem to make hard work of bottom teams. Can only see a narrow win on Saturday. Great squad of players and should be in automatics by now. Who was marking scorer?

Why was Gibbons taking corners when he was dying to get off to have a dump?

26 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Some pathetic comments on here ! 
We weren’t dire, we did enough to win the game, they scored with their one and only chance just be realistic it’s football it happens ! 
All the total negative comments from the usuals on here, there’s nothing in between with some of you , if we win we’re fantastic if we lose we’re absolute rubbish !! 
Totally surprised why some spend so much time on here you should be plotting your way to the Champions League Final with all your superior tactical knowledge! 
It’s League 2 , get over yourselves and back your team to do their best . 
One mistake has cost us, it’s unfortunate, it’s not the end of the the world ! 
Easy to criticise after the event, too many ‘Captain Hindsights’ on here  , try doing the job yourselves, oh yeh right , you wouldn’t know where to start !!

UTV 

Thats football I'm afraid, it gets emotional and it deals with human frailties......... It's also bloody frustrating. 

15 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

One defensive mistake may have cost us, together with several attacking and goalscoring mistakes too. Score more than one and you get away with a defensive mistake.

I agree there - If Wilson had scored 30 seconds before they did then we were home and dry - but thats football, - and we weren't grumbling when we did it in the 94th minute on Saturday - its all part and parcel of supporting a team and we love it (I think) 🤣

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Shame with the outcome. We really controlled the game and I really enjoyed watching it. The passing, tempo etc were all spot on. However did we actually, honestly look like scoring another goal in the second half? We had a few good chances, Worrall driving the ball at the keeper stood out and Wilson at the end,  but it wasn’t clear cut. Yet we all the possession and dominance, we should have scored more. 

I used to believe and have for years felt that it was a simple case of buying decent, proven strikers.  At the moment I tend to feel by the standards of the best teams and certainly league 1 level, we don’t have any creative players or those who come up with wow moments thinking “where did that come from?”.

The two guys who have done that on occasion are Politic, now left and Conlon, but that was a while back since his last magic moment. 

Thats what Cass and Jones gave us for three months. Their attacking runs forced our midfield to push forward and make runs. Its a poor midfield five, including Worral and a left sided player and offer very little goal threat. This means the front two need to be 20 goals each for us to be up there

Vale didn't play well but did enough to win that game. Rochdale were there for the taking and an absolute sickener to concede like that.

For me Vale's central midfield doesn't have the required balance at the moment.  John Askey more than likely would have got Vale into the play-offs in 2019/20 with a midfield of Conlon or Burgess/Joyce/Jake Taylor, a midfield in which everyone was comfortable on the ball, was organized and could defend, looked to get forward if possible, was creative with tons of guile.

Sadly DC and Crosby have been robbed of Conlon and Taylor and until one or both are back Vale will struggle to win enough games to get to the play-offs. Even Lge 2 games aren't won with endeavor alone and with the the central midfield mostly passing the ball backwards.

We’ve basically sellotaped two points to a frisbee and flung it as far as possible into the sea.

I’ve seen some poor teams in my time but Rochdale’s was as bad a team performance as I’ve seen in a very long time. Their left back looked like he won a raffle.  A good 17 or 18 teams in this league would have gone on to get a second goal and kill the game quite comfortably.

To not be bothered to get out of second gear and create next to nothing against a team so that were there for the taking that they were practically bent over, is criminal. 

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

That’s why I got lambasted on Saturday for saying I felt it was ‘must-win’. The 6-pointers against the top 3 protagonists are so important if we want to be in the mix. Ok we draw against all three, but we might as well have gone for it against FGR who are too far clear (instead we did absolutely nothing 2nd half) and maybe Northampton and we might have won one and lost one, so wouldn’t have been in any worse a position going into Tranmere. Draws are absolutely no use whatsoever now, I really cannot understand the mentally of being defensive when we simply cannot keep clean sheets.

Far better to not score Saturday and lose and score a second one tonight and win

Better side throughout especially second half to concede a goal against a side who deserved nothing was a sickened however a points point better than nothing .

Wilson needs take his chance then its game over there equaliser well did wethink the game was over very poor goal giveaway  

UTV 

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s a comment I don’t like seeing, sorry if hate seems strong but it frustrates me when fans come out with ‘you do better then’ it’s not our job to do that. 

I understand your frustration, we’re all the same , perhaps some realism should be accepted though . 
You may not think it’s ‘your job’ but you certainly have a go at it each week and seem to think it’s your job to criticise every little thing that doesn’t go your way . 

I’ll say again , we’re following a League 2 Club , frustration is a given and nothing is guaranteed, ask the many ex League Clubs now out of the League , they’d swap us in a second . 

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Thinking positively it's progress to be challenging for the play offs rather than trying to stay in the football league.

I just feel that our owners deserve far better than just trying to get in the playoffs.

Also the fans deserve better than what league we are in and how bad weve bad for years. Shes put her money in and she wouldve been hoping for promotion. That doesnt look like it will happen this season. Tonight is a massive blow to the play off hopes. I still cant believe we didnbt go for it a bit more and score the second killer goal. Yes we had a couple of chances but they were that bad any other team tonight wouldve beat them comfortable. 

It’s not about Wilson’s miss, it’s more about all the chances we didn’t create due to approaching the match in completely the wrong way.

We might as well give up on the idea of getting in the play offs if we don’t have the cojones to play those sort of matches properly. A decent side doesn’t come away from that sort of situation with a hard luck story. F F S 

Archived