onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

We've not recovered from that month or so where we didn't kick a ball in the league. Performances since then, Carlisle apart, have been nowhere near early season performances where we were creating tons of chances and scoring lots of goals despite often not being anything like clinical. It just all feels a bit safe and workmanlike at the moment, and has done for many weeks. We just haven't replaced Politic who gave us something different, especially from the bench, which certainly hasn't helped.

21 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Some pathetic comments on here ! 
We weren’t dire, we did enough to win the game, they scored with their one and only chance just be realistic it’s football it happens ! 
All the total negative comments from the usuals on here, there’s nothing in between with some of you , if we win we’re fantastic if we lose we’re absolute rubbish !! 
Totally surprised why some spend so much time on here you should be plotting your way to the Champions League Final with all your superior tactical knowledge! 
It’s League 2 , get over yourselves and back your team to do their best . 
One mistake has cost us, it’s unfortunate, it’s not the end of the the world ! 
Easy to criticise after the event, too many ‘Captain Hindsights’ on here  , try doing the job yourselves, oh yeh right , you wouldn’t know where to start !!

UTV 

One defensive mistake may have cost us, together with several attacking and goalscoring mistakes too. Score more than one and you get away with a defensive mistake.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I don't know how many times I have to say that we've won 2 games out of 10 and both of those wins were against teams who are in the bottom 2 of professional English football. I think frustration is understandable and inevitable.

I'll mention it again, maybe.

We’ve taken 4 points of Forest Green, beaten Swindon away. No matter how eloquently you try to demean my optimism, it won’t work. We went on a run this time last season that nobody would have predicted, why don’t you believe we can do that? Choose what anyone says, we were not rubbish tonight, I’m pretty sure it was Rochdale’s only shot on target. If you believe we are going to lose, is your disappointment diluted? I would suggest my disappointment is greater believing we can win every game. I’m happy to remain in my naive dream land, believing in my team. I’ll avoid the cynicism or realism as some might call it. 

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I don't think the older fans can quite grasp this.

I  think we can. We've seen it all. And what is your definition of "old". I'm 57 is that "old".  I can't "grasp it"? I can call out a rubbish performance when I see one.

Just now, Beech said:

We've not recovered from that month or so where we didn't kick a ball in the league. Performances since then, Carlisle apart, have been nowhere near early season performances where we were creating tons of chances and scoring lots of goals despite often not being anything like clinical. It just all feels a bit safe and workmanlike at the moment, and has done for many weeks. We just haven't replaced Politic who gave us something different, especially from the bench, which certainly hasn't helped.

It’s as if everything is too safe and we are scared of throwing it away. Then low and behold we go and throw it away anyway. You can feel it coming. 

Rather than taking the shackles off and having the mentality of going out and clawing back the lost ground we’ve been too cautious in not wanting to lose any more ground. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

We’ve taken 4 points of Forest Green, beaten Swindon away. No matter how eloquently you try to demean my optimism, it won’t work. We went on a run this time last season that nobody would have predicted, why don’t you believe we can do that? Choose what anyone says, we were not rubbish tonight, I’m pretty sure it was Rochdale’s only shot on target. If you believe we are going to lose, is your disappointment diluted? I would suggest my disappointment is greater believing we can win every game. I’m happy to remain in my naive dream land, believing in my team. I’ll avoid the cynicism or realism as some might call it. 

The run we went on last season was a freak incident. How many times in the past ten or twenty years have we gone on a run like that? It’s naive to think we’re suddenly going to win 5/6/7 in a row. 

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

The run we went on last season was a freak incident. How many times in the past ten or twenty years have we gone on a run like that? It’s naive to think we’re suddenly going to win 5/6/7 in a row. 

Freak? Did it happen? We’re they trying to win each of them games? 
it was no freak. 
Do you believe we can win on Saturday?

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Hate comments like this. We’re fans it’s not our job to decide tactics ect. 

Most of us if you read the comments we’re pretty dissatisfied with the whole performance before their goal so not hindsight. 

We we’re really poor there. it wasn’t one mistake. It was us sitting on a lead again we just don’t learn. Before tonight we had already dropped more from winning positions and it’s clear why. If we won today I can tell you now I wouldn’t be saying fantastic. We were beyond poor against a side that on that performance would make a Sunday league outfit look half decent. We should be able to put sides like this away 3/4 - 0. But we don’t, we don’t create anywhere near enough and haven’t for weeks - since before Christmas(Carlisle aside) 

‘Hate’ is quite a word .

I’m expressing an opinion as you frequently point out when someone disagrees with what you have to say, which is quite often . 
Most people just disagree they don’t ‘hate’ .

We all want the same , success for Vale , unfortunately we’re in League 2 it doesn’t come easy and it’s not guaranteed. 

Shame with the outcome. We really controlled the game and I really enjoyed watching it. The passing, tempo etc were all spot on. However did we actually, honestly look like scoring another goal in the second half? We had a few good chances, Worrall driving the ball at the keeper stood out and Wilson at the end,  but it wasn’t clear cut. Yet we all the possession and dominance, we should have scored more. 

I used to believe and have for years felt that it was a simple case of buying decent, proven strikers.  At the moment I tend to feel by the standards of the best teams and certainly league 1 level, we don’t have any creative players or those who come up with wow moments thinking “where did that come from?”.

The two guys who have done that on occasion are Politic, now left and Conlon, but that was a while back since his last magic moment. 

6 minutes ago, Beech said:

We had Cass and Jones playing early season that was a massive difference , we have no drive or pace anymore , looking like another disappointing season , poor tactics at the moment poor recruitment in January (Hall aside ) 

Archived