onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I don't know how many times I have to say that we've won 2 games out of 10 and both of those wins were against teams who are in the bottom 2 of professional English football. I think frustration is understandable and inevitable.

I'll mention it again, maybe.

But we drew with FGR, Northampton and Tranmere…… 🤔🤔🤔 

Advert

Not sure how you even analyse that. 93 minutes of the “perfect away performance”, controlled the game and they barely got in our final third let alone look like scoring.

They were absolutely awful, the right back looked like he had won a competition to play for them tonight and it’s a tough one to take.

Hall should foul their man as he looks to get away, worst case then defending a ball or a shot from 25 yards. See it out and done.

Holy got done a bit too easy with the goal too.

Two points dropped. Worst side we’ve faced all season and won’t have an easier game defensively all season. To not win that is criminal and costly and undid a decent 93 minutes of control.

Like the covid hit season we look like we may miss out and be ruing multiple late goals that have cost us. That’s Sutton (2 goals), Oldham (2 goals), tonight we’ve thrown away 8 points off the top of my head.

It’s a niggling bad habit over the past three seasons we just can’t seem to shake.

Saturday is absolutely massive now.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If we don't go up, it's our longest continuous spell in the bottom tier since the late 1940s/early 50s.

All was good Joe after the first 4 months. Even happy for Covolan and co to take the p1ss at every chance.

Sometimes you get what you deserve. We needed to concentrate more on football, more on attacking play, more on scoring goals. Too negative. We all thought DC happy to change formations at all times but i think he did at the start to see what he had available. We have then failed miserably to strengthen the squad and are now suffering.

Will say again our success came with Cass and Jones both attacking from the back three. This forced the midfield five up the pitch. Its a poor midfield five we play. No attacking style and no goals between them. Without Garrity being a massive surprise to all, probably DC too, i think we would be mid table at best.

You are spot on with players signed. Twice as good as last seasons squad but look how poor we really were then and the previous four years and we dare say this is a tinpot league. When we are good enough and better than the tinpot teams, we will get promoted. FGR deserve to be there, Swindon, Tranmere, Exeter, Mansfield, Northampton, Bristol, Orient,we are no different to them for the last 20 years and have to work hard and play football to be better than them.

Five first 11 players off a promotion squad before we go up. God knows what we would do with this squad in div 1. Keeper, Smith, Pett, Worral, goalscorer ALL need strengthening in the first eleven. Even Garrity should be a great squad player but he looks the best and only player likely to score from the midfield five.

Still a better season for a long time but we are not yet good enough for promotion, my view. Need to back DC and hope for further backing from Carol n co. Next season maybe the one.

I think I have seen about one decent season following this club. One promotion. 

This season seems to hurt and frustrate more though. I genuinely thought and expected us to finish at least in the play offs. As I said before, if you told me at the end of October that we’d be 10th (yes tenth) in February I would have laughed and not believed you. 

Yes, we may still finish in the play offs and you may all laugh at me. Something needs to drastically change now though. 

This feeling has occurred far too many times this season. 

4 minutes ago, osprey said:

Swindon won 5-0 tonight 

when was the last time we looked like doing that ??

You have to attack teams at home which we just haven’t done and won’t. Keep it tight nick a goal if possible  and manage the game. That’s our mantra which is why we have lost the winning habit.

Some pathetic comments on here ! 
We weren’t dire, we did enough to win the game, they scored with their one and only chance just be realistic it’s football it happens ! 
All the total negative comments from the usuals on here, there’s nothing in between with some of you , if we win we’re fantastic if we lose we’re absolute rubbish !! 
Totally surprised why some spend so much time on here you should be plotting your way to the Champions League Final with all your superior tactical knowledge! 
It’s League 2 , get over yourselves and back your team to do their best . 
One mistake has cost us, it’s unfortunate, it’s not the end of the the world ! 
Easy to criticise after the event, too many ‘Captain Hindsights’ on here  , try doing the job yourselves, oh yeh right , you wouldn’t know where to start !!
UTV 
Spot on.....

20 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

We were by far the better team tonight. Proctor was a real nuisance to their defence and nobody particularly had a bad game. True fans believe until their very last breath, the negativity astounds me. When we need that winner in injury time in a few games time and when that ball hits the back of the net, you can guarantee a load of the posters on here will already be in their cars trying to phone radio Stoke to say how rubbish we were. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but some really love to lambast, belittle and bemoan. What’s wrong with a bit of belief and optimism? 

You need to tell the players that.

Belief and optimism 

Thats a huge 2 points dropped tonight against an awful side. Somehow weve managed to throw the points away again away from home. Thought we looked steady all game and didnt seem bothered about trying to find a second goal. Wilson shouldve buried his chance then we get the win. If you dont get the second goal then the other team is in the game untill the finalwhistle a bit like us saturday at tranmere. Games are going by and we still are not in the top 7. Weve managed to stay in the mix but we need to win three games on the spin now for me and we need to score some goals (mor than one) to do this. I fear we are going to come up short again this season. Also was it just me or should the keeper have done better for their goal? seemed very slow getting down to it for me.

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

Nope it’s negativity and reacting to a sickener late goal.
We’re we that poor? Not at all. Should we have killed the game , yes.

Win 3-0 Saturday and all forgotten.

It’s not all forgotten is it? It’s another 2 points thrown away that will cost us in the long run. We can’t keep doing this. It’s realism. Yes we were poor. Better than them by a distance but still poor. 

20 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Playoffs are still very much on the agenda. Keep saying it but Mansfield Exeter and Sutton at home over 11 days in March will define our season - but goodness we need some wizard to help us create more chances

Forget Mansfield and Exeter.

We will heed a terrific run and just hope to catch Sutton. The other six places are gone.

7 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

I think have seen about one decent season following this club. One promotion. 

I don't think the older fans can quite grasp this.

I'm not trying to downplay their support at all, but supporters who have been about post-2000 have seen more administrations than successful seasons. We cling on to an equaliser in a game we got hammered in as a treasured memory. 

It's absolutely naff and I go through this daft cycle of optimism and then disappointment every year around January/February.

It's maybe easier to be more patient/philosophical about things when you've seen goals/results at Anfield, Highbury, and Goodison, but for the younger fans who happen to have turned up just as the club entered the worst spell in its history, it's very difficult not to be (perhaps excessively) negative when it looks like another season is drifting away.

Results like tonight are depressingly familiar and we don't have the highs to balance it out with. It all feels like deja vu.

Not sure can even come up with the words right now. We were a couple of minutes from a solid if unspectacular win and then the age old problem that has plagued us for a few years now with one loss of concentration right at the end of the game. Had complete control of it and shot ourselves in the foot.

On the plus side will say I thought Connor Hall regardless of the initial error was brilliant again, Pett and Garrity controlled the midfield and Proctor led the line well. All that should have been enough but there's no doubting we are not ruthless enough in killing teams off and it has cost us tonight.

7 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Bang on as well mate. Regardless of how we’re playing there’s become an expectancy that we’ll throw the game away somehow. There’s no winning mentality. That’s on the players and staff I’m afraid. 

I can take it when it happens on the odd occasions but it’s happening every month.

It’s a huge failure that we are 10th. We brought in this management team and recruited this squad for promotion. No body can tell me any different. 

Tonight was a massive game. One of our games in hand & we blew it, in the last minute, against another side that was there for the taking.

I've honestly never known a club like us. They never let us dwell too long on a positive last minute winner/equaliser do they. Last minute mental at home v Orient immediately followed by Sutton away, 3-2 up with 5 minutes to play, lost 4-3. Great last minute equaliser at Tranmere, immediately followed by tonight's <ovf censored> show. There's no point Vale, absolutely zero point in salvaging something in the last minute unless you make it count in the following game. Massive kick in the stomach tonight. 

I don't say this very often but Saturday is now a must win game. 7 games unbeaten is no good at all when 5 of them are draws. We'd have been better off winning 4 & losing 3. Wins are all that matters & we're simply not winning on a consistent basis. The league is terrible yet again, which makes it all the more frustrating. The key to success in this league is mental strength & toughness, FG have it, Northampton have it, Swindon have it & Sutton have it. We have non & it will cost us.

Archived