onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, Hoppers said:

Really!!!! , interesting stat 🤔 and I'm being serious, would have thought late 70s early 80s - good spot anyway 👍👍👍

5 seasons in Div 4 from 1978-1983, 1 in Div 3 83-84, then another 2 in Div 4. Was a bad time but it did have a promotion and one non-bottom tier season in the middle.

Next year would be our 6th at this level.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Even I am speechless after that. I can't defend that performance at all. Maybe got accept that we are destined for just below playoff positions. If can pluck anything its that we looked secure again defensively - well, upto the 93rd minute that is 😭😭😭

We looked secure. Against Rochdale. Give over.

We were against Scunthorpe too. Trouble is there are some decent football teams in this tinpot league

We were poor, took it for granted against a really poor side, and got bitten in the bum.  Really rubbish effort.  Oh well a record breaking another season in the lowest tier on the horizon. Jeez. 

I mean what the hell do we need to do just to be L1 plodders? Not much to ask is it?  To compete with the Burtons and Fleetwoods of this world.

Instead we are L2 plodders.

Depressing. 

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We looked secure. Against Rochdale. Give over.

We were against Scunthorpe too. Trouble is there are some decent football teams in this tinpot league

Was trying to find one teensy weensy positive  but ur Probably right 😂😂😂 actually glad I can't go Saturday as am going a comic con 😁👍

Only Hall looks a like a good signing from January at the moment. Edmondson and Harrity, and I don't want to be too harsh on either as they are young lads, especially the latter, are clearly not the answer. Plenty of effort but little in the way of ability. Charsley doesn't look any better than Burgess. Cooper the less said about the better right now. Holy no better than the two keepers we already had. Hussey is undoubtedly a decent player and a solid pro but we were crying out for another striker that was somewhat proven at the level, not a left-back.

It's looking like we fell into the trap of just bringing in bodies for the sake of it and not because they would actually really strengthen us, Hall excluded.

7 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

If you told me at the end of October that by the end of February we’d be sitting in 10th I’d have laughed you. 

Absolutely bang on. I wouldn't have believed it either. Not seeing out games has been our undoing all season. Tranmere at home, Sutton away, Oldham away, Salford at home & now Rochdale away. 14 points literally thrown away in the dying seconds of games (Tranmere at home we hit woodwork about 4 times)

It's simply not good enough, we're mentally very very weak. The fans know it & the players know it. I purposely didn't look at my phone for the last 30 mins until I knew it was full time, as I knew we'd blow another lead. Low & behold, 93rd minute. Piss poor Vale. Sick of it. Absolute bore fest.

We were by far the better team tonight. Proctor was a real nuisance to their defence and nobody particularly had a bad game. True fans believe until their very last breath, the negativity astounds me. When we need that winner in injury time in a few games time and when that ball hits the back of the net, you can guarantee a load of the posters on here will already be in their cars trying to phone radio Stoke to say how rubbish we were. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but some really love to lambast, belittle and bemoan. What’s wrong with a bit of belief and optimism? 

1 minute ago, Beech said:

Only Hall looks a like a good signing from January at the moment. Edmondson and Harrity, and I don't want to be too harsh on either as they are young lads, especially the latter, are clearly not the answer. Plenty of effort but little in the way of ability. Charsley doesn't look any better than Burgess. Cooper the less said about the better right now. Holy no better than the two keepers we already had. Hussey is undoubtedly  a decent player and a solid pro but we were crying out for another striker that was somewhat proven at the level, not a left-back.

It is a good point, I think Hussy is a great player. But our priorities were completely wrong in January. Sign two young lads on loan up top, sign a quality player in a position where we were more than stronger enough (where is Benning) sign a 3rd keeper which we blatantly didn’t need. Bad window which me and others called out at the time. No idea why people though players like Cooper would fire us to promotion. The whole window just reminds me of a Michael Brown window. Sign a <ovf censored> load of players, most on loan and hope they do well. 

Archived