onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

I know we have to respect what's happened in Darell's family but I have to say I don't think we would have ended that game looking devoid of any system and a shambles if he'd have been in charge. We need his proactive management Andy Crosby is a coach not a number 2.

1 hour ago, osprey said:

Advert

Just now, valiant_593 said:

We’re progressing quickly though. Don’t be so childish and demand immediate success. We’ve only been stuck in this division for 6 years. 

If we don't go up, it's our longest continuous spell in the bottom tier since the late 1940s/early 50s.

Gutted after that. Still live in hope until the maths tell me otherwise!

Wilson needed to put that one in and although Hall made the mistake, Walker tried to recover then Hussey was nowhere when their lad put it in.

Overall, creativity lacking but Amoo when he came on created two chances for others.

Great Garrity goal and Hall was magnificent overall. 
Need some luck now or some skill levels to contribute to wins.

Still VTID

Even I am speechless after that. I can't defend that performance at all. Maybe got accept that we are destined for just below playoff positions. If can pluck anything its that we looked secure again defensively - well, upto the 93rd minute that is 😭😭😭

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That was dire. They were the worst side I’ve seen at this level. Gave us the ball all game, the one attack they have they score. 

We were awful. Negative again, sitting on leads, it Dosent work. We’ve dropped what 20 points from winning positions now? 

Cooper is hopeless, nowhere near a league 2 player. Charsley did more in the 5 minutes he was on. What’s happened with Wilson again? Brilliant against Carlisle and then pretty rubbish since. Anonymous today and missed another sitter at the end like Saturday. Just a complete lack of attacking effort / play again from us. It’s no surprise we keep playing the same way and it isn’t working. 

I can kind of except the negative showings against 2nd and 3rd but that was bloody rubbish. Hussey and Hall played well and so did Proctor. 

We look every bit a mid table side that seems scared to actually take sides on and when we do get a lead sits back. 

Still I suppose people are still happy with a window where we didn’t sign a proven striker and brought in two young lads who are now back behind a winger in amoo in the pecking order!! At least we have 3 keepers…

I don’t want to hear ‘overreaction’ again. That was dire against a side who passed it to us more than to themselves. special mention to the lines woman who get every decision wrong. 

Could be a good away day at Wrexham / Stockport next year 

Wilson is a bit of a fair weather player. Great when the team is confident and winning games. But not someone you can rely on when you're grinding out results and not playing well most weeks. Spends far too many games on the periphary.

Just now, Beech said:

Wilson is a bit of a fair weather player. Great when the team is confident and winning games. But not someone you can rely on when you're grinding out results and not playing well most weeks. Spends far too many games on the periphary.

He's just Louis Dodds.

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great result, another point on the board, keeps the unbeaten run going and we’ve got games in hand on most teams….why, there’s still 16 games left, 48 points to play for nonetheless. As we’re guaranteed to win at least 15 of these games thereby achieving virtually the same number of points due to our free-scoring attack and water-tight defence, I’ve never been more sure about going up. But if we don’t, then it doesn’t matter because it will come next year, or the year after but definitely the year after that. But you can’t hurry these things, and anybody we gets impatient quite frankly hates the club, despises C&K and DC and should s*d off to watch Stoke instead. 

UTV!

Go on and have your say now. Hope they are all listening. Think they know everything.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If we don't go up, it's our longest continuous spell in the bottom tier since the late 1940s/early 50s.

Really!!!! , interesting stat 🤔 and I'm being serious, would have thought late 70s early 80s - good spot anyway 👍👍👍

Gotta say the difference between the Rochdale we lost to months ago and the one we played tonight is also like night and day. Despite the fact that we could and should have scored three in the first 15 minutes against them at Vale Park, I thought they looked a very useful side all over the pitch. They were abysmal tonight and looked like a team any decent side would swat aside.

That one <ovf censored> wrecks, we just keep dropping points now is the time where teams start to put runs together and find form but we look disjointed with no attacking threat automatics no chance play offs is 50/50 but if we keep playing like this we will be way behind in no yome 

Archived