• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Best stadium visited.

17 hours ago, Santa said:

Went to the Camp Nou in 2010. I was behind the goal on the lowest tier. It’s a big ground and it’s an experience. But it’s well overdue an upgrade and it didn’t help that it was a routine win so it wasn’t a great atmosphere.

Biggest regret was having the choice to go to the Bernabéu or the Calderon when in Madrid and they were both at home on the same night.  We picked Real instead of Atleti.

I did the tour of the Wanda Metropolitano in November and it’s some stadium. 

A big problem for Barcelona is the age of the stadium means it has no significant boxes / corporate space. Hence the club - aside from connections - is dependent on attendances and shop sales at the stadium and around Barcelona. They are geared up for big crowds as possibly the biggest football stadium in the world. So Covid-19 was a monumental financial hit in closing the stadium and the city. 

I went there is Feb 2019 with son and daughter treating myself to expensive seats near the dugouts because it was my 60th birthday. From that area it is a beautiful stadium. I guess if I inspected a stadium as old as me in daylight I would start to see the cracks. 

Time flies - I remember going to Tranmere when the cowshed was actually a cowshed. I remember going when the Major government funded ground redevelopment post Hillsborough. So three sides of Prenton Park look new; but they are not, it is suddenly nearly 30 years ago. 

Advert:

I'm a bit weird but having been to a lot of the bigger modern stadiums, I love grounds like Burnley and Oldham - I just like grounds that are in amongst it and a bit Old school. Molineux is a good one too.

Vale Park though obviously.

20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve done the stadium tour at the Bernabau and it is hugely impressive. No with a fear of heights should attempt the top tier!

Watched Madrid v Rayo Vallecano from those seats, i think they called it the Vomitareum.  

Best stadium I have ever being too is the etihad amazing .

However MK dons is high up too .

Enjoyed Accrington aswell so down to earth we had to queue to get tickets from a shed like place and the  stand about 8 seats to 12 seats high 

Other than that most grounds I have being being OK in general .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

My daughter went to South Carolina University and became a fan of the Gamecocks". I went to the stadium but never to a game, she used to go and said it was an amazing atmosphere, 78,000 to watch a bunch of students play American Football.....crazy.

I've been to the NE Patriots stadiums old and new at Foxbro MA and to Fenway Park the oldest MLB stadium still in use in the USA but I doubt any of them could match USC for atmosphere.

The New England Revolution play at The new Patriots stadium on a plastic pitch, the football and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

Advert:

My daughter went to went to South Carolina University and became a fan of the Gamecocks". I went to the stadium but never to a game, she used to go and said it was an amazing atmosphere, 78,000 to watch a bunch of students play American Football.....crazy.

I've been to the NE Patriots stadiums old and new at Foxbro MA and to Fenway Park the oldest MLB stadium still in use in the USA but I doubt any of them could match USC for atmosphere.
The new England Revolution play at The new Patriots stadium on a plastic pitch, the football and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone remember when we played Arnold away in the fa cup?

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2022 at 21:42, Paul6754 said:

My daughter went to South Carolina University and became a fan of the Gamecocks". I went to the stadium but never to a game, she used to go and said it was an amazing atmosphere, 78,000 to watch a bunch of students play American Football.....crazy.

The New England Revolution play at The new Patriots stadium on a plastic pitch, the football and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

Being a fan of the Boston teams. It's my dream to visit the Gillette stadium and Fenway Park. 

Advert:

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. It has a full sized pirate ship that lets off a cannon for every point the Tampa Bay Buccaneers score. And you can get all-you-can-drink soft drinks.

Also, it was red hot and sunny so it was basically a three hour sunbathe. Shame the Buccaneers were crap in the years I've seen them.

Got to be the Mile High Stadium in Denver. My daughter had moved to Denver and she got tickets for the Broncos v Cincinnati Bengals in the play-offs. Minus 26 degrees but the atmosphere was electric. Every Broncos touchdown was met with a white horse charging up field with a girl flying the Stars and Stripes. 80,000 fans in the stadium. Denver went on to win super bowl that year (2016). The memory will live for ever.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2022 at 14:18, boslemportvale91 said:

Being a fan of the Boston teams. It's my dream to visit the Gillette stadium and Fenway Park. 

All the stadia are within easy reach of the city BPV.  Gillette Stadium is a ca 30 min train ride from South Station, Fenway Park is within walking distance of Boston Common and not forgetting The Bruins and The Celtics, both play at at the TD Garden which is in the city virtually next to the North End, so take in a game and superb Italian food. 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 21:00, DaneValiant said:

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. It has a full sized pirate ship that lets off a cannon for every point the Tampa Bay Buccaneers score. And you can get all-you-can-drink soft drinks.

Also, it was red hot and sunny so it was basically a three hour sunbathe. Shame the Buccaneers were crap in the years I've seen them.

Remember going there to watch Bucs v Broncos and had a 1/2 hour stoppage for a storm, i,ve never seen a crowd dive for cover so quickly. 

• 2 months later...
On 17/02/2022 at 01:50, Jacko51 said:

Have a look at this site. 

I'm on 211 with the furthest away being AAMI Park Melbourne where I saw Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory!

You can differentiate between grounds you've visited for a match and those where you've done tours or visited for other reasons - I've got 12 of those.  They range from tours at places such as Barcelona, Ajax, etc and Ibrox and Hampden where I went for the Commonwealth Games in 2014. 

Was this about 2017? I may have been at that very game. I think Perth won 3-1 or something.

Advert:

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Was this about 2017? I may have been at that very game. I think Perth won 3-1 or something.

It was December 2013. Vics won 2-0. 

Posted (edited)
On 18/02/2022 at 22:55, GEOFF B said:
On 18/02/2022 at 21:42, Paul6754 said:
My daughter went to went to South Carolina University and became a fan of the Gamecocks". I went to the stadium but never to a game, she used to go and said it was an amazing atmosphere, 78,000 to watch a bunch of students play American Football.....crazy.

The new England Revolution play at The new Patriots stadium on a plastic pitch, the football and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone remember when we played Arnold away in the fa cup?

Yes in a park as I recall stood on scaffolding which was quite terrifying when the fans decided to jump up and down lol those were the days hahaha

Edited by newchapel valiant

I didn't go to the Arnold vs Port Vale game but a few years later I ended up working with a guy who lived in Arnold who went and I always remember him saying there were a lot of Vale fans present. I did go to the return leg on the following Monday and still remember and picture John Ridley's goal at the Bycars End.