• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Best stadium visited.

Advert:

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I guess it's a very open ended question. Bit of a difference between best and favourite.

I went to Leicester earlier this season and that is mightily impressive. Having done 76 of the current 92 and numerous international grounds the best has to be the ' New ' Wembley. 

The worst , Sutton. 

I’ve still got to visit West Ham, Brentford, Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon although I’ve been to all their old grounds. In our League haven’t done Harrogate or Barrow but will hopefully have sorted them in the next couple of months. 

Got to be Anfield for me. Great result for Vale in the 2-2 game and saw Stevie G come on against Napoli when losing and scored a winning second half hat trick.

Maybe not many of you been to my Scottish favourite, which is Cappielow, home of Morton, due to links to my name! Been twice, once a promotion celebration v Peterhead!

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve still got to visit West Ham, Brentford, Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon although I’ve been to all their old grounds. In our League haven’t done Harrogate or Barrow but will hopefully have sorted them in the next couple of months. 

Gets harder Jacko with new builds every season.

I have done 89, Norwich, Chelsea, Arsenal never been but it's down to 76 because of all the new grounds.

I think Everton is obviously another then you have the rumours about Coventry moving again. 

Managed to do Leicester v Brighton in Carabao cup earlier this season. Premier league games you have no chance really. 

Advert:

I agree with MK Dons purely as a stadium. It is brilliant, designed by the Wembley and Emirates designers and it shows. 

As a match day, it isn’t great. Rather soulless. 

The best match day experience for me in terms of noise was the 2006 Villa Cup tie. 8,000 Vale fans filling that 2 tier away end with more on the side. 

The sheer roar of that was incredible. Man City was not quite the same. 

Greenock Morton; Cappielow Park

Open terraces behind each goal. A stand on each side, one which is really old school. Lovely playing surface

Huge shipping Yard crane on the Clyde sticking up in the sky

Pies, chips, scalding tea; what's not to like

Points-with-Bone

Morton.jpg

• Like 4

I miss grounds that have been demolished, like the Victoria Ground, The Baseball Ground, Highbury, Sealand Road.

My favourite existing ground is the Abbey Stadium, Cambridge, which retains old school charm, and the locals are very friendly!

I had a really enjoyable trip to fortuna dusseldorf once. It had that european thing of a guy on a podium in front of the stand with a megaphone basically conducting the choir. 

It was good in that there was constant singing and different chants. It would grate on me every week though as you feel disconnected from the game. It doesnt allow space for the collective buzz or build up of noise that you get in english football. Pints on the terrace though....

In terms of UK stadiums i quite like The Amex (good for a new build).

I'd like to go to dartford FC as a lot of the stands are built out of wood and they have a wooden giant statue in one of the stands which sounds like fun. Nice to see something built with sustainability in mind too.

Advert:

4 hours ago, THE DAD said:

Fellows Park, Priestfield Stadium and the Manor Ground. Only joking always liked John Smiths Stadium Huddersfield for some reason.

My first visit to the Manor Ground was our rare win in 1996/97! When Darren Purse headbutted one of our players and got sent off!  I must have got lucky as our record at Oxford is pretty poor to say the least! It certainly had "character" that place!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Great effort! I log mine on the 92 club website.  Out of interest are they all with Vale?  I'm on 73 watching Vale, 78 in total(5 have been as a neutral). 

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Great effort! I log mine on the 92 club website.  Out of interest are they all with Vale?  I'm on 73 watching Vale, 78 in total(5 have been as a neutral). 

Unless Mrs Jackson is a lot older than she looks I doubt it as we last played Chelsea away in 1928!

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Have a look at this site. 

I'm on 211 with the furthest away being AAMI Park Melbourne where I saw Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory!

You can differentiate between grounds you've visited for a match and those where you've done tours or visited for other reasons - I've got 12 of those.  They range from tours at places such as Barcelona, Ajax, etc and Ibrox and Hampden where I went for the Commonwealth Games in 2014.