onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Best stadium visited.

boslemportvale91

4 hours ago, THE DAD said:

Fellows Park, Priestfield Stadium and the Manor Ground. Only joking always liked John Smiths Stadium Huddersfield for some reason.

My first visit to the Manor Ground was our rare win in 1996/97! When Darren Purse headbutted one of our players and got sent off!  I must have got lucky as our record at Oxford is pretty poor to say the least! It certainly had "character" that place!

Advert

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve still got to visit West Ham, Brentford, Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon although I’ve been to all their old grounds. In our League haven’t done Harrogate or Barrow but will hopefully have sorted them in the next couple of months. 

Great effort! I log mine on the 92 club website.  Out of interest are they all with Vale?  I'm on 73 watching Vale, 78 in total(5 have been as a neutral). 

46 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Great effort! I log mine on the 92 club website.  Out of interest are they all with Vale?  I'm on 73 watching Vale, 78 in total(5 have been as a neutral). 

Unless Mrs Jackson is a lot older than she looks I doubt it as we last played Chelsea away in 1928!

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Have a look at this site. 

I'm on 211 with the furthest away being AAMI Park Melbourne where I saw Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory!

You can differentiate between grounds you've visited for a match and those where you've done tours or visited for other reasons - I've got 12 of those.  They range from tours at places such as Barcelona, Ajax, etc and Ibrox and Hampden where I went for the Commonwealth Games in 2014. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Mk dons was a quality ground. Just needs moving and have some proper fans / atmosphere. Think Villa was probably the away ground I enjoyed most. 

Mk Dons excellent stadium.  My feeling going there was it was something to do that particular day. Bowling, Cinema, Football or Frankie and Bennys 

Didn't see any passion or love of football,  just people going for a Saturday out.  Might be doing them a disservice but that's how it came across. 

I think it was the 07/08 season where we had some big teams in league one at the time. Leeds, Forest and Sheffield weds possibly?

I remember forest ground being really impressive and as was Elland Road. Shame about the results at the time !

One ground I've always wanted to do and can't remember the last time Vale played them is Portsmouth at Fratton Park. 90s surely as I don't remember us being in the same league ever in the 00s

Hampden gets some stick (and rightly so) but I was lucky enough to have been in attendance when Scotland beat France back in 2006 and the atmosphere was simply unbelievable. Some place when it's rocking.

Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador, Brazil will stick in my memory forever. Was fortunate enough to see two games at that venue at the 2014 WC (including that RVP header in Holland's demolition of Spain). Uniquely the 'back' of the stand behind the goal offers a window into the 'real Brazil' ie. the slums of Salvador, with the stadium plonked in the middle of it. Incredible, thought provoking design.

With Vale. 2006 was a strong year starting and ending with trips to proper grounds - Villa Park and White Hart Lane. On the other end of the spectrum, always had a soft spot for Saltergate (especially our last trip there!). Of the new grounds, I remember thinking the KC was pretty smart on my only visit (Lee Matthews 35 yarder) and Rotherham's new ground is at least a bit different from the identikit efforts of Chesterfield, Shrewsbury etc. 

Archived