onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done DC and DF

philmpv

Nearly 1 year to the day since DC was appointed as manager, at a time when we were staring into the abyss of non league, yet again, we have managed to completely transform the squad from one that were perennial relegation contenders to a squad that is on the verge of the playoffs and plays the most exciting and dominating football (most weeks) I have seen at VP since the Rudge days, all on a wage bill reduced from last season (at least it was, not sure after the January window).

Instead of being grateful for the rare decent performance over the course of a whole season, we now expect it, and are disappointed when we perform below par.

In Wilson, Proctor, Hussey, Walker, Hall and Pett, we have managed to sign players who could easily thrive in L1. The rest of the signings may well do but, at worst, are very good L2 players, not non league players masquerading as L2 players.

Behind the scenes, we have a wholly professional outlook, with improvements to the infrastructure being made all the time, by owners who actually love the club.

These are great times to be a Vale fan. After all we have had to put up with and suffer over the last 20 years, DC DF Carol and Kevin have joined together to give us that shining light at the end of the very dark tunnel that we have been travelling down.

Long may it continue. UTV

Advert

Totally agree... Was going to start a similar thread praising DF as he has managed to completely overhaul an awful squad in a couple of transfer windows. There has barely been a duffer in his signings and a couple of absolute gems. No more the chancer trailist who we get out of desperation. 

The results may not play out immediately as we would hope, but we have balance in the side, options on the bench, and a squad that gets better and better.

All this is being done whilst keeping to a sensible budget. Top marks! And let us not foget it was DF who insisted out first signing was DC. What a guy.

We are not going to set the world on fire week after week, but we are still gettting back to full strength. And when we do I have faith that DC will find a winning combination and we will hammer someone.

UTV.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Instead of being grateful for the rare decent performance over the course of a whole season, we now expect it, and are disappointed when we perform below par.

This sentence says it all and it completely correct.

Luckily most are able to see that… and more importantly ignore those that lose their nut when results are not perfect… memories are short.

If we don’t get promotion this year we are set up well to keep pushing until we do.

Thank you DC and Flickers… and thank you Carol!

I was an ST holder off and on from the 80s till the 00s,started again in 2009 till 2017. Sponsored Gareth Ainsworth for a season and enjoyed many preseason Meet the Players days and proper entertaining footie. We were spoiled.

I started coming again to the first game of the season and have missed a handful of matches. Footie is much better,signings much better. Loan signings play and make a difference. Apart from the injuries which have hit us massively,we are still there or thereabouts.

There are goals in this team but I am quite happy to keep clean sheets and I feel someone will score. I don't care how we get out of this division but I think we have a fair chance.

We can all criticise formations and decisions(me included) but I've not seen any team who has dominated at VP. We even had Brentford on the back foot for a spell.

I hope he doesn't rush Proctor,Gibbo and Conlon back. Dan Jones was the best defender at the start of the season,now he can't get a start.

I'm more than happy with the progress made. I didn't think I'd be returning to VP after the Ribeiro/Brown fiasco so it's all positive from me

UTV

Well done to the management team for a sterling job thus far. If we'd had good luck instead of bad then I'm sure we'd be in or around the top three.

A massive well done to Carol for having the foresight to make such effective appointments. Flitcroft applied for the manager's job and she made him director of football. Few, or any, on here would have made such a brave decision. Then of course there's the financial investment from Carol and Kevin, truly awesome.

On 13/02/2022 at 15:12, manc_vale said:

Totally agree... Was going to start a similar thread praising DF as he has managed to completely overhaul an awful squad in a couple of transfer windows. There has barely been a duffer in his signings and a couple of absolute gems. No more the chancer trailist who we get out of desperation. 

The results may not play out immediately as we would hope, but we have balance in the side, options on the bench, and a squad that gets better and better.

All this is being done whilst keeping to a sensible budget. Top marks! And let us not foget it was DF who insisted out first signing was DC. What a guy.

We are not going to set the world on fire week after week, but we are still gettting back to full strength. And when we do I have faith that DC will find a winning combination and we will hammer someone.

UTV.

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.

Think the Vale are heading in the right direction thanks to DF and DC .

Some great wheeling and dealing done already by DF a great addition to the club .

The only way is UP and its thanks to the shanahans it's there enthusiasm to get the Vale out of the doldrums that will eventually bear fruit I feel bringing DF in was a masterstroke and I think he chose a brilliant man motivator in Darryl Clark who is doing a fine job mostly. 

UTV 

Archived