• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Be interesting see how many tickets have being sold by Vale after what happened v Salford probably put a good 700 off going as I am sure if the weather was better makes hell of a lot of difference to who wishes to go and who doesn't wish to go .

Lads on the 8.02 train and nephew getting a later one just in  case it gets called off again to happen once in a month is bad twice well thats just annoying (very annoying cause at the end of the day you can drink yourself silly but you have spent silly amount on away day and there's no football match at the end of it to me thats a waste ).

So hope its on for the travellers would have been nice if taking 1600 to 1800 but because we do not have free coaches put on and everyone has to pay and get themselves there because we not owned by silly money rich folk I think 1150 would be excellent in the circumstances. 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

8 hours ago, Santa said:

Presumably something to do with his narcissistic personality disorder that he needs to remind us all that he exists.

More to do with rubbing in that he has money to waste after our Brilliant Owners had to pay to get control of Vale.  No doubt he will be on the pitch and then come over to the Vale fans and rub it in by waving to them.  If he goes on the pitch, hopefully he will slip and fall over.  That would be soooooooo funny and make every Vale fans dreams and probably our owners as well.

The only way to repay this act by the Sexman is by Vale playing out of their skins, scoring a shed load of goals and coming away with 3 points.

• Like 2

There’s got to be an reason he’s chosen to sponsor this game ,it’s not a coincidence it’s against port vale, the guys deranged if he comes on the pitch I hope someone knocks him out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

More to do with rubbing in that he has money to waste after our Brilliant Owners had to pay to get control of Vale.  No doubt he will be on the pitch and then come over to the Vale fans and rub it in by waving to them.  If he goes on the pitch, hopefully he will slip and fall over.  That would be soooooooo funny and make every Vale fans dreams and probably our owners as well.

The only way to repay this act by the Sexman is by Vale playing out of their skins, scoring a shed load of goals and coming away with 3 points.

I agree Well said . Come on the VALE .3 points PLEASE. .  make him look stupid. 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

There’s got to be an reason he’s chosen to sponsor this game ,it’s not a coincidence it’s against port vale, the guys deranged if he comes on the pitch I hope someone knocks him out.

Hope there are lots of taxis around Prenton Park

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dishydave said:
17 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:
Just read on Twitter Norm is sponsoring the game, any truth in this?

He sure is

Excuse my ignorance on this, but has Norman a direct connection with the Tranmere club, or is it just him out to antagnise PV and its supporters?

28 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Excuse my ignorance on this, but has Norman a direct connection with the Tranmere club, or is it just him out to antagnise PV and its supporters?

I'd suggest both. There's an ex staff member of ours who works for them who I believe Norm knows well. Ironically Bratt and mates usually rock up here too.

What a sad, pathetic man Smurfwaite is. I could accept him sponsoring a Vale home game and trying to make amends but this is clearly a wind up. 

Still, if he is there it will be brilliant to dust off the old anti Smurfwaite chants, some of those are brilliant. Used to love bellowing Norman Smurfwaite is a winker (a for an I) especially at away trips like Stevenage when he was sitting nearby! 

• Haha 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Mario said:

I'm surprised at Tranmere lack of respect to visiting club in my opinion

Is there dodgy ex owner Bruce Osterman still alive? Nearly bankrupted them in the 80s. 

We could invite him next year! 

Maybe a trend could be started of opposing clubs letting disgraced owners of club’s opponents sponsoring games. 

• Like 2

Why he would put himself in the firing line for fans to chant things that are well known about his personal life is beyond me.

It also shows his arrogance that he would put certain employees of Tranmere's commercial team in that position.

Its his wife I feel sorry for.

• Like 1

He’s similar to a spurned ex lover who just doesn’t realise that the relationship between us and him is over. Perhaps going to the county court and getting an injunction against him, so that he can’t come within one mile of the club may be the answer.

The weather's pretty grim here in the SE "red zone" :rain: - anyone a bit closer to the stadium have any comments on the chances of the game going ahead / being called off? 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, robf said:

The weather's pretty grim here in the SE "red zone" :rain: - anyone a bit closer to the stadium have any comments on the chances of the game going ahead / being called off? 

I'm not too far away and gut feel is that it'll be on - the main weather issues today are wind rather than significant rain, Tranmeres pitch is a good one and weather doesn't look dangerous enough tommorrow to warrant calling it off.

Its good that you can pay at the Turnstiles though because it makes the risk balance a lot easier to get right -I'll look out of the window before setting off tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Ironically Bratt and mates usually rock up here too.

I was thinking that. Bratt et al rocked up in 2013 in the Chris Lines free kick game. Guest of Graham Mudie apparently.

The symmetry seems odd. Maybe it’s handy for the ferry to Douglas? ….

• Like 1