Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

43 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

It wasn’t meant to be , but I’m mindful that I’m awful with the written word , at work I let others check emails before I send them if it’s a sensitive matter as I wind people up

I’m not like this face to face emoji106.png

Really?

Advert:

One on target goal attempt in 90 ok it went in and turned a poor performance in terms of creativity and having on target attempts on goal in to a fantastic result especially being the 94th minute but lets not make out at present that we are doing enough in the final third. 

We need do better so I think a change in formation could be the answer as we averaging one goal mostly since Xmas we need to improve and quickly .

No happy clapping there just a honest review of what I saw v Northampton with my own eyes and heard yesterday .

Wilson needs up his game .

UTV

I think we’re trying to be too clever sometimes, liking to counteract what the opposing teams might do to finite detail even if impedes our own best qualities. We should just keep it simple and set up with our best players in our best, attacking formation. No matter what the other team wants to do, they can’t do anything if we’ve pinned them back and we are dominant in possession. I’m not saying be reckless, but I don’t see why we’re so worried about teams that from what I can see have very little about them a lot of the time. Whenever we’ve taken it to teams we’ve looked the better side. I think asking players to do different things every game is confusing and disrupts rhythm.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Your mistake was in expressing an opinion that didn’t quite fit the narrative of some on here.

It’s not a narrative, it’s just that most people disagree with you by the looks of it. Reading back it seems like all of your arguments have been countered nicely. I thought you were all about ‘Opinions’, seems like your all about double standards.

Just because the majority of people disagree with you doesn’t make it a ‘Narrative’. You can’t just throw in a buzz word and hope it sticks pal!

Just suck it up, you or anyone else on here are not the victim of a narrative. It’s a frigging football forum.

Edited by Jermaine Holwynn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It’s not a narrative, it’s just that most people disagree with you by the looks of it. Reading back it seems like all of your arguments have been countered nicely. I thought you were all about ‘Opinions’, seems like your all about double standards.

Just because the majority of people disagree with you doesn’t make it a ‘Narrative’. You can’t just throw in a buzz word and hope it sticks pal!

Just suck it up, you or anyone else on here are not the victim of a narrative. It’s a frigging football forum.

By most you mean, half a dozen??? Umm. And as you say, it’s a forum where people express different opinions, so maybe you should also heed your own advice?? 

14 hours ago, Powerline said:

Question, why’s he called sexman? I must’ve missed whatever it was at the time.

Read some of the sentinel articles featuring him if you have a spare couple of hours.  He got to know a female member of staff a little bit too well, then there was an incident on the Hamil involving him due to this.  

Edited by PVFC764
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

By most you mean, half a dozen??? Umm. And as you say, it’s a forum where people express different opinions, so maybe you should also heed your own advice?? You mentioned a narrative, I gave my opinion on that.

I’m not gonna clog up this thread having a back and forth with you reiterating on every page what an opinion is. 

You mentioned narrative, I mentioned double standards on that.

Your need to respond and defend constantly suggests you would rather do anything other than suck it up, you are just blinkered. The amount of posts with reactions on disagreeing with your opinion is further evidence that most people disagree with you.

I’ve been called a snowflake on here, your being a snowflake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Can’t really argue with a point away at Tranmere. However, the last two draws are better points if we take a good points haul from the next two games. We do need to start turning draws into wins if we are going to cement a top 7 place or push for the top 3.

We don’t look like a top 3 side at the minute if I’m honest. We’re far too cautious at times and we aren’t creating loads. However, we are still picking up points with big players to come back.

Is 6 points from Rochdale and Stevenage too much to ask? To challenge the top 3 we probably need to go on a big winning run now. 

Edited by SuperHuman
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Can’t really argue with a point away at Tranmere. However, the last two draws are better points if we take a good points haul from the next two games. We do need to start turning draws into wins if we are going to cement a top 7 place or push for the top 3.

We don’t look like a top 3 side at the minute if I’m honest. We’re far too cautious at times and we aren’t creating loads. However, we are still picking up points with big players to come back.

Is 6 points from Rochdale and Stevenage too much to ask? To challenge the top 3 we probably need to go on a big winning run now. 

Steady on Mr Negative!!! 🤣🤣

Joking aside, I agree 100%.

I’d love us to stuff both of those teams. Both always horrible, really niggley teams to play against.

String together 8 wins in a row like last year, then it’s game on…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

We don’t look like a top 3 side at the minute if I’m honest. We’re far too cautious at times and we aren’t creating loads.

Based on that I would also say FGR,Tranmere and Northampton don't look top 3 material either.

We conceded very few chances in those 3 games and made them look cautious against us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

I see where u are coming from mate, but equally on that basis none of the top three look like top three either because we have matched them all stride for stride over last couple of weeks - it happens a lot when teams are the equal of each other. I don't think 6 points from this coming week is too much to ask 😁👍

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Based on that I would also say FGR,Tranmere and Northampton don't look top 3 material either.

We conceded very few chances in those 3 games and made them look cautious against us.

Haha u beat me to it there mate 👍👍👍

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

One on target goal attempt in 90 ok it went in and turned a poor performance in terms of creativity and having on target attempts on goal in to a fantastic result especially being the 94th minute but lets not make out at present that we are doing enough in the final third. 

We need do better so I think a change in formation could be the answer as we averaging one goal mostly since Xmas we need to improve and quickly .

No happy clapping there just a honest review of what I saw v Northampton with my own eyes and heard yesterday .

Wilson needs up his game .

UTV

Any coincidence that TC is missing from midfield. 

• Like 1