Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

but we’ll see who’s right at the end of the season 

This sentence alone shows me you don’t get it.

My proof of success has a far different timeline… but enjoy the rest of this season… i get how vitally important it is to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

First task was to steady the ship and finances, then decide how to run the club, at the same time keeping us in the FL. Fortunately Flinty came on the scene to chart a path. For a change  we have  spent the season looking upwards,  with a good wind we may reach L1, if not we will be in a better position next season to do do. Not fair to count seasons under a different rule.

100%

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This sentence alone shows me you don’t get it.

My proof of success has a far different timeline… but enjoy the rest of this season… i get how vitally important it is to you.

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) aspire for something a bit better.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

 

We could argue about this until the cows come home but we’ll see who’s right at the end of the season and I’d absolutely love to be proved wrong.

This is the worst kind of statement in my opinion,  go up and you celebrate, fail to go up and you celebrate and say I told you so, heads you win tails you win, that's Rampant Zebras mantra as well.

On a night when the club is pulling together in adversity I find it sad you can passively criticise C&K and also DC.  

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) aspire for something a bit better.

Good to see we want the same things.

My 15 month old wants thing “now now now” too. 

He will hopefully grow out of it! 

All good fun. UTV.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Despite us creating very little and conceding early in the second half I still think it was a deserved point. We controlled big parts of the game, but it’s plain as day that we need Conlon, Proctor and wing backs that can get behind for us to be more creative. No doubt the turning point was the subs, they all made a difference. Proctors hold up play and strength around the box saw the ball sticking and us being able to get things going, Amoo was more physical and I felt posed more of a threat than Cooper, whilst Gibbo produced 3 or 4 great deliveries, one of which was the assist and let’s not forget that he completely took their goal scorer out of the game with an unbelievable tackle. Their were plenty of quiet performances from the rest of the team, but credit to the management for changing things up and giving us that spark with the subs. 

 

My biggest concern I took from the game was how ropey did Holy look with some of their efforts on goal? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Despite us creating very little and conceding early in the second half I still think it was a deserved point. We controlled big parts of the game, but it’s plain as day that we need Conlon, Proctor and wing backs that can get behind for us to be more creative. No doubt the turning point was the subs, they all made a difference. Proctors hold up play and strength around the box saw the ball sticking and us being able to get things going, Amoo was more physical and I felt posed more of a threat than Cooper, whilst Gibbo produced 3 or 4 great deliveries, one of which was the assist and let’s not forget that he completely took their goal scorer out of the game with an unbelievable tackle. Their were plenty of quiet performances from the rest of the team, but credit to the management for changing things up and giving us that spark with the subs. 

 

My biggest concern I took from the game was how ropey did Holy look with some of their efforts on goal? 

I wonder how much the wind was a factor in some of Holys handling

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blackdog said:

This is the worst kind of statement in my opinion,  go up and you celebrate, fail to go up and you celebrate and say I told you so, heads you win tails you win, that's Rampant Zebras mantra as well.

On a night when the club is pulling together in adversity I find it sad you can passively criticise C&K and also DC.  

Jeez. This is getting a bit boring now. I’m glad you’ve managed to find something in my posts to be offended by. Hopefully that’s made your evening. No criticism of anyone - passively or otherwise - because hey, it’s not like we’re fighting relegation, which for some is seen as some barometer for success.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) 

For absolutely clarity this is what I think will happen if we write off things that are clearly improving the club because they dont get immediate success.

Have patience 

Im also willing to bet that Carol and Kevin agree with me

UTV

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Jeez. This is getting a bit boring now. I’m glad you’ve managed to find something in my posts to be offended by. Hopefully that’s made your evening. No criticism of anyone - passively or otherwise - because hey, it’s not like we’re fighting relegation, which for some is seen as some barometer for success.  

I’m not sure people are offended… Just perplexed as to why you would write something off because it doesn’t give success NOW NOW NOOOOOOOW!! 

Or worse… before we even know whether it’s been an instant success or not 😂

Edited by Iron Curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not writing anything off!!!! I’m merely saying I don’t think we’ll go up this year. That is it!!! 

Its not in our favour at the moment. But play offs are well within our sights, and I still feel that one of the automatics is up for grabs... 

Still time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

For absolutely clarity this is what I think will happen if we write off things that are clearly improving the club because they dont get immediate success.

Have patience 

Im also willing to bet that Carol and Kevin agree with me

UTV

So when are we aiming for promotion 2026 or a bit later 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not in our favour at the moment. But play offs are well within our sights, and I still feel that one of the automatics is up for grabs... 
Still time.

It’s still possible so have to aim for it, only takes a crazy run like the 25 points from 27 last season and things are there for you. Look at Mansfield for example this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not writing anything off!!!! I’m merely saying I don’t think we’ll go up this year. That is it!!! 

That’s not merely what you are saying at all… you have also added that you think this isn’t good enough and also looped in the amount of investment made and how you think that means we should go up in the first full season of DC and Flickers revolution.

My best mate doesn’t think we we will get promoted this year either, but he also doesn’t consider that a failure and understands that these things aren’t guaranteed immediately.

You two have very different views.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. But you’ll never know as I don’t tend to visit Happy Clappy Land that often, I live in the real world!

It sounds pretty lame. Get with the most positive vibe we have had around the club in years ! Performances won’t always be the best , however , today we controlled long periods of the game today . Key players due to return , easier fixtures due ! . Cheer up
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway… bed time.

I hope you can find a bit of joy in the obvious improvement that’s happening at the club Mr Biddulph.

Seriously. The club is a revelation compared to where it’s been.

There has been MASSIVE improvement in the football and the outlook of the team and what DC and Flickers are bringing is creating a better port vale.

Dont try and tear it down as being unsuccessful because it doesn’t deliver immediately. Give it time, get behind it. Be supportive. Realise it won’t be perfect straight away, it may take a few more windows to get right… but it’s heading in the right direction.

- - - - - 

Maybe I’m being overly emotional… the club has had an awful week and Carol has just put a beautiful message out on Facebook about pulling together and being a family.

The constant negative nickpicking on here seriously annoys me. It doesn’t help the club, I believe it does the opposite.

Dress it up as “wanting the best for the club” all you want… it comes across very very badly.

UTV 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...