• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

49 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

You seem to have a lot to say about a game you haven't watchèd. How you can assert it was "disappointing", or anything else, is bonkers.

Because it was a must-win game for me IF we have any aspirations of sneaking into the autos which, to be honest, I think should be the aim but which I feel are beyond us.

I didn’t realise that it was a necessity to have attended every game to make generalist comments (on this game the BBC online stats will tell you we’ve scored with our only effort on target). 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

So the remaining 17 games are irrelevant then? 51 points still up for grabs

No, but if you’ve watched Vale for as long as I have you’ll know that we tend to regularly come unstuck against really poor sides that scrap, battle and generally kick us off the park. And we’ve got plenty of those types of games coming up. For example, we’ve already managed to implode against Oldham once this year, what’s the betting we fail to beat them again?? What about Rochdale away Tuesday night?? I can’t say I’m confident about us getting a win (and that’s what we need now, not draws) given how they tore us a new one in the home game and we always seem to play rubbish there. 

When our best players are out injured, like Proctor, Gibbo and Conlon, it’s about staying close to the pack until we have a full strength squad again. As players are returning now, getting more minutes and match fitness, the wins will come again. We’ve just played all the auto-teams and conceded 2 goals, and we could have won them all (or at least 1!)

Now we’ve got to play struggling teams and we have more players to choose from. We will be back cemented in the playoffs very soon I have absolutely no doubt. 

Edited by 1
  • Like 4

Advert:

No, but if you’ve watched Vale for as long as I have you’ll know that we tend to regularly come unstuck against really poor sides that scrap, battle and generally kick us off the park. And we’ve got plenty of those types of games coming up. For example, we’ve already managed to implode against Oldham once this year, what’s the betting we fail to beat them again?? What about Rochdale away Tuesday night?? I can’t say I’m confident about us getting a win (and that’s what we need now, not draws) given how they tore us a new one in the home game and we always seem to play rubbish there. 

Wow …. I bet your fun at parties 🥱
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It wasn’t 

Really?? Why do you think that?? Given Carol’s rather generous investment, effectively allowing us to have not just one but two experienced ‘managers’ plus a vastly improved coaching set up and squad budget, top 7 should be the absolute minimum requirement for me, and I’d expect (yes, EXPECT) a third place or better.

Against FGR, Northampton and Tranmere we’ve got draws, so 3 from 9 and in that run (from what I hear about today) we’ve had one decent half (1st FGR) and you’d have been able to count the total number of shots on target using the fingers of one hand. If you’d have gambled and gone more offensive and only won one of these we’d be no worse off points wise.

Advert:

Cannot understand posters on here , not to mention RS's favourite Carl, who say our season is over.

Granted top 3 is beginning to look tricky [ although far from impossible},  but play offs are defiantly still on surely?  Top players returning, who may be fresher come the play offs.

An away draw at a top club with players still missing - and still plenty of moaners!  Hey ho.

Thoughts also with DC tonight ,  hope the result helped ever so slightly.

• Like 2

Advert: