Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Considering the week the lads/club have had, considering Tranmere's home record a draw is a good result in my opinion.

Agreed. Fancy getting a point away from home at 2nd in the table with s below par performance after a difficult week. 

• Like 8

Advert:

Is the Carl who goes on the radio on here?? Says if Scott Brown was still here we would be top 3 and we dont have a good striker at the club 😮 According to sky Proctors record for Vale is 10(5) and 8 goals

So i am saying to Carl,we have a great striker at the club and if Proctor,Conlon and Gibbo had been fully fit all season we would be top 3 and jack <ovf censored> do with scott brown

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Is the Carl who goes on the radio on here?? Says if Scott Brown was still here we would be top 3 and we dont have a good striker at the club 😮 According to sky Proctors record for Vale is 10(5) and 8 goals

So i am saying to Carl,we have a great striker at the club and if Proctor,Conlon and Gibbo had been fully fit all season we would be top 3 and jack <ovf censored> do with scott brown

Has he seen Scott Brown play since the curtailed season?  Numpty

I’m sure he only comments based on RS commentary 

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Claiming if we'd kept Scott Brown wed be in the top 3! emoji16.png

Was waiting for him to say we should have kept Pope after he said we should have kept Scott Brown.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Was waiting for him to say we should have kept Pope after he said we should have kept Scott Brown.  🤣

We’d be top of the league if we’d kept him. 😁

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Is that what he said 😂

soneone needs tell him stop moaning and stop embarrassing himself 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I know it wasnt a great performance but thought the lads showed real fight and grit today we would of lost that game everyday of the week under previous  regimes but they clung in there and battled till the end and managed to pinch a point. Something our gaffer has instilled in them. That one was for you darrell

Yeah I thought we were really poor especially first half. But you could tell the lads were desperate to do well today. Chased everything, some crunching tackles and tried until the final minute. Loved the reaction for the goal. Goals like that breed confidence. Our season will be decided in the next few games IMO so that goal should hopefully give us a massive lift. 

• Like 3

Advert:

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Proctor is as good a forward I’ve seen this season. Just unlucky with the injuries. 

• Like 2

Good point in the context of the game, of course it is. But disappointing given its another poor performance (note DC’s comments last week which were even more scathing). So why are we putting in poor performances against sides we NEED to be beating to have any chance of promotion (we don’t have any now in my opinion)??

I think January will again cost us dear. Firstly, don’t know what he was like today, but Hall was an amazing bit of business.

But Hussey…. a bit undecided, one brilliant game (FGR) and the rest bang average. Not what we needed IMO.

Harratt and Edmundson…. could say the same, not had enough influence has might be expected from too youth teamers. Not what we needed IMO.

Cooper…. not had many minutes, but from the comments on here I got the impression he was poor. Winger so difficult to see how he even fits into how we play. Not sure.

Charlsley…. what is he?? Just someone who runs around after the ball, like a poor version of Callum Guy for me. Is a squad player? Seems too ‘big signing’ a to be that. Not what we needed IMO.

What we needed was a midfield playmaker and a proven striker because we are very shy on creativity.

in the promotion season we signed Hughes and Purse and both we key to getting us over the finishing line. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Is that what he said 😂

soneone needs tell him stop moaning and stop embarrassing himself 

Funny thing is for the first time he was challenged by the presenter, they normally let him sound off, he fell apart..........Especially with the Brown comment.

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Good point in the context of the game, of course it is. But disappointing given its another poor performance (note DC’s comments last week which were even more scathing). So why are we putting in poor performances against sides we NEED to be beating to have any chance of promotion (we don’t have any now in my opinion)??

I think January will again cost us dear. Firstly, don’t know what he was like today, but Hall was an amazing bit of business.

But Hussey…. a bit undecided, one brilliant game (FGR) and the rest bang average. Not what we needed IMO.

Harratt and Edmundson…. could say the same, not had enough influence has might be expected from too youth teamers. Not what we needed IMO.

Cooper…. not had many minutes, but from the comments on here I got the impression he was poor. Winger so difficult to see how he even fits into how we play. Not sure.

Charlsley…. what is he?? Just someone who runs around after the ball, like a poor version of Callum Guy for me. Is a squad player? Seems too ‘big signing’ a to be that. Not what we needed IMO.

What we needed was a midfield playmaker and a proven striker because we are very shy on creativity.

in the promotion season we signed Hughes and Purse and both we key to getting us over the finishing line. 

Completely agree. Swapping Legge for Hall was amazing business. Hussey is fine and reliable but I'd still have Gibbons over him, as I feel Gibbo is a bigger threat at left-back than he is at right-back. The rest of the January signings look to be just making up the numbers really and I thought and hoped we had gone beyond that.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Fair result for me, didn't look a great deal between the teams. Game played at 100mph wanting someone to put their foot on the ball from either team and add a touch of quality.

At last some quality from Gibbo, two Premier league crosses into their box one of which Proctor scored from.

In the absence of Conlon and Taylor and if Vale must play 3 at the back in a 3-4-3 then for the Rochdale game leave out Cooper, push Worrall into the front 3, bring in Gibbo in Worrall's spot and start Proctor.

Gotta get the best players on the pitch and win a few games.

• Like 3

We've played the top 3 in the last 4 games and not lost. Should have beaten FGR. All this with injuries. Need Conlon back asap but overall things looking ok. two wins against poor opposition this week and we are right back in it

• Like 3