• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Without Proctor we don’t really look like we’re playing a striker. Especially when we’re just playing long ball like today. He makes such a difference to the side. Think Amoo did ok when he came on. Infact the subs got us that point. If start all 3 next game. 

• Like 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Proctor being back is massive for us hes a different animal to anything else we have and causes numerous problems whenever he plays. If we are going to push on proctor is pivotal 

Our most important player, for me, along with a 100% Tom Conlon.

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Wont be a popular post but i cant believe some of the posts during the match,yes it wasn't good stuff but lets put a bit of reality in there,for me this result never meant anything today.....it is clear that according to radio some tragedy has hit DC this week and football pales in to insignificance 

Thinking of you Gaffer

Know what your saying - but players and fans are trying to get behind the Gaffer and show their support during this sad period DC and family are going through.  

But matches will be played and what the players did today showed their support towards DC brilliantly with the tops and trying to play well.  Another way would be to play and try to get 3 points each match.

• Like 3

Advert:

A great point! Frustrating we don’t seem to play well when we have a good following! Still it’s a good point and we take it and move on. Good to see Gibbo with the assist and Proc on the score sheet. These two lads could well make the difference in challenging at the top.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Wont be a popular post but i cant believe some of the posts during the match,yes it wasn't good stuff but lets put a bit of reality in there,for me this result never meant anything today.....it is clear that according to radio some tragedy has hit DC this week and football pales in to insignificance 

Thinking of you Gaffer

100%

• Like 6

just remember we have played all 3 top three in the last 2-3 weeks and none - NONE of them have outplayed us - you can moan all you want about not scoring, but we are now 6 games unbeaten with Mansfield Exeter and Sutton at home all within 11 days 

• Like 8

A deserved point. I thought we looked quite comfortable for the majority of the match just conceded a really poor goal.

Proctor made a huge difference with his presence in general play 2nd half. I thought a few players below par today but good battling never say die attitude. 

More work needed in our attacking play but really exciting to see Gibbo back.

Got to now find a way to win games in a row to climb back into the playoffs.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, MBE said:

A deserved point. I thought we looked quite comfortable for the majority of the match just conceded a really poor goal.

Proctor made a huge difference with his presence in general play 2nd half. I thought a few players below par today but good battling never say die attitude. 

More work needed in our attacking play but really exciting to see Gibbo back.

Got to now find a way to win games in a row to climb back into the playoffs.

well said

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thinking of you Gaffer

Considering the week the lads/club have had, considering Tranmere's home record a draw is a good result in my opinion.

• Like 4

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

just remember we have played all 3 top three in the last 2-3 weeks and none - NONE of them have outplayed us - you can moan all you want about not scoring, but we are now 6 games unbeaten with Mansfield Exeter and Sutton at home all within 11 days 

That’s our season in those 11 days.

• Like 3

6 games unbeaten, players coming back, Proctor back in the goals, a draw at Tranmere......plenty to be positive about so its looking good to me.
Someone needs to tell RS Carl that. Apparently, he can't see any progression on the pitch this season.
  • Haha 2