No hell in the Boardroom

Above us Blue Sky

Imagine all the Vale fans

Loving that day.

Followed by a few choruses of the old favourite

We hate Smurf.

Excellent .  Well said. 

7 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Weather hasn't been as bad up here as down south and wind dying out overnight. It's been blowy but I'm out with the dog at the moment and it's not horrendous. Unless they have had it much worse on Birkenhead I'd be surprised if it was called off.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

It’s been a strange old day.  In the north of the Potts we’ve had torrential rain and wind and some mild temperatures, some very bright sunshine then cold and, briefly, some snow, which didn’t stick.  At one point I got piss wet through in shorts n t-shirt.  Ground is sodden, so a lot depends on the drainage of the pitch at Prenton.

Advert:

If it's raining up there like it is down here, it's going to be pretty heavy going on their pitch--just hope it's not heavy going as far as the result's concerned!  I fancy a sneaky win today and a more than useful 3 points.  UP THE VALE!

Advert:

Going out in this weather you all the travelling supporters that is deserve a medal .

Glad it's on we have everything to gain this afternoon the players have had a full week's preparation  that usually means a better performance level and I'm sure the Vale have worked on Tranmeres weaknesses let's hope we put a terrific display in and bring the 3 points home .

Hope the travelling support have a top day 

UTV 

20 hours ago, Conrad said:

Didn’t Tranmere win their main stand in some sort of competition.

Conrad I don’t understand if you’re admiring the stand or knocking the stand. If you’re admiring the stand bearing in mind that I haven’t been for some years, then I think if my memory serves me right. It was either late 70’s/ early 80’s that I believe they had a lucrative game in a cup competition against LFC. That was the last time I went there and it was magnificent. Afterwards I think they had a couple of good runs in cup competitions under possibly John King and played in the equivalent of the championship for a couple of seasons. The Tranmere fans used to be able to walk from behind one goal to the other whilst away fans were penned in the terrace at the foot of the new stand. I remember going and holding onto the railings until a police sergeant dragged his long staff across the railings and our fingers as he walked by. Happy Days

343? Looks decent to me. Gibbo back on bench 
3412 it looks to me, like against Carlisle

Edit: scratch that, just noted that would mean Cooper playing up top, or in the deeper role. You never know with this manager though!

Advert:

Nice touch by the players wearing the shirt with the "thinking of you gaffer" message.

Hopefully 3 points will also help.

Going to be a nail bitter of a game with the weather probably not helping either team as well.

Come on Vale.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Conrad I don’t understand if you’re admiring the stand or knocking the stand. If you’re admiring the stand bearing in mind that I haven’t been for some years, then I think if my memory serves me right. It was either late 70’s/ early 80’s that I believe they had a lucrative game in a cup competition against LFC. That was the last time I went there and it was magnificent. Afterwards I think they had a couple of good runs in cup competitions under possibly John King and played in the equivalent of the championship for a couple of seasons. The Tranmere fans used to be able to walk from behind one goal to the other whilst away fans were penned in the terrace at the foot of the new stand. I remember going and holding onto the railings until a police sergeant dragged his long staff across the railings and our fingers as he walked by. Happy Days

I wasn’t knocking the stand, last time I went would have been mid 70s and it looked a great stand.