onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

14 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I don’t think it’s a great ask to be thinking in terms of the top 3 rather than the top 7. But that’s typical Vale fans mentality.

If you listen to interviews, pre and post match, the clubs are still thinking top 3. Rightly so. It's only Vale fans who seem to be writing the team off for some bizarre reason, even though we have plenty go games in hand, key players coming back from injury, and a favourable remaining fixture list.

Yes out attacking play needs improvement but it will get better.

Advert

20 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Comes a time when both sets of fans chant the same thing at the Ref.  You don't know what your doing 🤣

He is trying so hard to make the game about himself again.  Just no flow to the game as he keeps blowing up.

Thankfully,he got the added time right.

12 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Your mistake was in expressing an opinion that didn’t quite fit the narrative of some on here.

My favourite argument ever.

The old “Everyone’s opinion is important… unless it’s against my view in things, in which case they shouldn’t have one” argument!

It’s a football forum pal… court of popular opinion by its very definition. 

If you can’t take strangers criticising your view this just might not be the place for you!

Its all good fun!

UTV

Absolutely loved the fight shown from Vale yesterday even if the quality wasn't always there for periods of the game. Absolutely delighted Gibbo is back and that cross with his wrong foot as well was a beauty. I'd be tempted for Rochdale to give Gibbo the start if he feels good to go and let Worrall have a very well earned rest ahead of Saturday.

Overall in short time we've played all the top 3 and looked every bit the equal of all of them. That has to be encouraging but it needs backing up against the lesser opponents starting Tuesday. Given the injuries, cancellations and covid all I wanted when we came out the other side is for us to still be in with a shot and we've done that. It's in our hands where we go from here.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

My favourite argument ever.

The old “Everyone’s opinion is important… unless it’s against me then they shouldn’t have one” argument!

It’s a football forum pal… court of popular opinion by its very definition. 

If you can’t take strangers criticising your view this just might not be the place for you!

I’m not sure whether you’re being ironic with this post or not??! Nonetheless it’s getting a bit boring now. 

You hold your opinion pal and I’ll hold mine.

And in both our interests, let’s hope for a successful* conclusion to season (*using your own definition of what constitutes success)

One on target goal attempt in 90 ok it went in and turned a poor performance in terms of creativity and having on target attempts on goal in to a fantastic result especially being the 94th minute but lets not make out at present that we are doing enough in the final third. 

We need do better so I think a change in formation could be the answer as we averaging one goal mostly since Xmas we need to improve and quickly .

No happy clapping there just a honest review of what I saw v Northampton with my own eyes and heard yesterday .

Wilson needs up his game .

UTV

I think we’re trying to be too clever sometimes, liking to counteract what the opposing teams might do to finite detail even if impedes our own best qualities. We should just keep it simple and set up with our best players in our best, attacking formation. No matter what the other team wants to do, they can’t do anything if we’ve pinned them back and we are dominant in possession. I’m not saying be reckless, but I don’t see why we’re so worried about teams that from what I can see have very little about them a lot of the time. Whenever we’ve taken it to teams we’ve looked the better side. I think asking players to do different things every game is confusing and disrupts rhythm.

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Your mistake was in expressing an opinion that didn’t quite fit the narrative of some on here.

It’s not a narrative, it’s just that most people disagree with you by the looks of it. Reading back it seems like all of your arguments have been countered nicely. I thought you were all about ‘Opinions’, seems like your all about double standards.

Just because the majority of people disagree with you doesn’t make it a ‘Narrative’. You can’t just throw in a buzz word and hope it sticks pal!

Just suck it up, you or anyone else on here are not the victim of a narrative. It’s a frigging football forum.

Archived