onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Err, no actually. As I said, good point in the overall context but it was a must-win for me.

What’s your justification that it was a must win. I will state now that we will NOT win all our remaining games. As I have previously said an average of two points a game WILL get us at least in the playoffs if not more. A point  against FGR, Northampton & Tranmere will do me. We now have to be professional against the poor teams and put them away. There is more than enough points to play for. Ten points from the last six games is not far short of my hopes.

Advert

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I know what your saying but also on the other hand we could we’ll lose gibbons conlon and proctor if he stays fit in the summer then next season we’ll get “ we’ll what do you expect when we’ve lost our best 3 players “ the days of building a team over 3/4 seasons has long gone with the Bosman ruling so as somebody said on here this could well be a missed opportunity this season 

Exactly!!! It’s a lovely idea, but it just doesn’t happen at our level. Clubs can’t afford the risk of offering long-contracts to players, plus players know that attracting a transfer fee potentially takes money out of their pockets when they do move. Our beloved South Cheshire ‘neighbours’ are testimony to that this year.

Facts are they are in poor form, lost to two poor sides recently and have their best player

Imagine if they had Upto 5 of their best players injured for several games they may have struggled for even more form and consistency during that period , say from November to January

You are right though us having our best player injured yesterday was key

I don't think we could have had many complaints if we'd lost the game 1-0, but I don't think Tranmere can have many complaints about not winning either. It didn't feel like either side did quite enough.

I'll take the point but we really need a W sooner rather than later to haul ourselves back into the shake up.

1 hour ago, tisdeano said:

Imagine if they had Upto 5 of their best players injured for several games they may have struggled for even more form and consistency during that period , say from November to January

You are right though us having our best player injured yesterday was key

Did I mention our past form? I was focussing on Tranmere.

Of course they would have struggled as would any side in the division. Nobody is denying that and it wasn’t the point I was making. Spearing is clearly there best player and they’ve lost the two games against two poor sides without him recently, without scoring. That was the point that I was making. I thought we were poor yesterday. 1 shot on target in the 94th minute and 45 mins of long ball isn’t ideal in my opinion, especially with the quality of players we now have. Character was brilliant and we did well last 15 mins and in the end a good point. That Dosent mean I’m being negative that I thought we didn’t play too well and thought we should have gone there and attacked them. It was a close game but Tranmere had enough chances to be a little ahead. Good to stay unbeaten but we do need to kick on now - we have players back fit other than Conlon so we need to start catching up. 

Did I mention our past form? I was focussing on Tranmere.
Of course they would have struggled as would any side in the division. Nobody is denying that and it wasn’t the point I was making. Spearing is clearly there best player and they’ve lost the two games against two poor sides without him recently, without scoring. That was the point that I was making. I thought we were poor yesterday. 1 shot on target in the 94th minute and 45 mins of long ball isn’t ideal in my opinion, especially with the quality of players we now have. Character was brilliant and we did well last 15 mins and in the end a good point. That Dosent mean I’m being negative that I thought we didn’t play too well and thought we should have gone there and attacked them. It was a close game but Tranmere had enough chances to be a little ahead. Good to stay unbeaten but we do need to kick on now - we have players back fit other than Conlon so we need to start catching up. 

You fully understand why we struggled for form though and are just starting to find some consistency though , that’s great

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Big difference this time is though you know we would go out and invest or look to try and adequately replace any of these players rather than sign a cheap replacement that weakens us.

Think Procs would stay, Conlon would make us good money if he went to reinvest (and I trust they would).

Issue there is would the budget then stretch to bring in a player of the level of Gibbons / Conlon? We know how the club is now operating. I’d be surprised if we could sign someone ready made to replace those two and at the same level. That’s the issue for me. I think this is our best chance to go up - it’s not demanding immediate success as some seem to insinuate it’s realising that the league will be more difficult next season and I do worry if the likes of Stockport / Wrexham do get promoted then potentially that’s two slots gone. (I know money Dosent guarantee success eg Salford) but these two seem to be signing very good players and have strong squads currently. 

Im very happy with our progress, we have come a very long way in a short space of time I do just worry that we could lose our better players and have it more challenging next season as well. 

Archived