onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not writing anything off!!!! I’m merely saying I don’t think we’ll go up this year. That is it!!! 

That’s not merely what you are saying at all… you have also added that you think this isn’t good enough and also looped in the amount of investment made and how you think that means we should go up in the first full season of DC and Flickers revolution.

My best mate doesn’t think we we will get promoted this year either, but he also doesn’t consider that a failure and understands that these things aren’t guaranteed immediately.

You two have very different views.

Advert

Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. But you’ll never know as I don’t tend to visit Happy Clappy Land that often, I live in the real world!

It sounds pretty lame. Get with the most positive vibe we have had around the club in years ! Performances won’t always be the best , however , today we controlled long periods of the game today . Key players due to return , easier fixtures due ! . Cheer up

Anyway… bed time.

I hope you can find a bit of joy in the obvious improvement that’s happening at the club Mr Biddulph.

Seriously. The club is a revelation compared to where it’s been.

There has been MASSIVE improvement in the football and the outlook of the team and what DC and Flickers are bringing is creating a better port vale.

Dont try and tear it down as being unsuccessful because it doesn’t deliver immediately. Give it time, get behind it. Be supportive. Realise it won’t be perfect straight away, it may take a few more windows to get right… but it’s heading in the right direction.

- - - - - 

Maybe I’m being overly emotional… the club has had an awful week and Carol has just put a beautiful message out on Facebook about pulling together and being a family.

The constant negative nickpicking on here seriously annoys me. It doesn’t help the club, I believe it does the opposite.

Dress it up as “wanting the best for the club” all you want… it comes across very very badly.

UTV 

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Anyway… bed time.

I hope you can find a bit of joy in the obvious improvement that’s happening at the club Mr Biddulph.

Seriously. The club is a revelation compared to where it’s been.

There has been MASSIVE improvement in the football and the outlook of the team and what DC and Flickers are bringing is creating a better port vale.

Dont try and tear it down as being unsuccessful because it doesn’t deliver immediately. Give it time, get behind it. Be supportive. Realise it won’t be perfect straight away, it may take a few more windows to get right… but it’s heading in the right direction.

- - - - - 

Maybe I’m being overly emotional… the club has had an awful week and Carol has just put a beautiful message out on Facebook about pulling together and being a family.

The constant negative nickpicking on here seriously annoys me. It doesn’t help the club, I believe it does the opposite.

Dress it up as “wanting the best for the club” all you want… it comes across very very badly.

UTV 

We agree on one thing… there is a much more stable, professional environment at the club which is entirely due to C&K. Consequently, there is no real concerns around EFL survival (or even just survival) these days. Thankfully.

Don’t really know what the nitpicking is you refer to. But I feel you are failing to disentangle what goes on on the pitch from the boardroom.

Because I may have reservations about, say, the style of football / tactics / signings / or even a less optimistic view on where we’ll finish, and I share on a public supporters forum, it doesn’t mean I’m not supportive of the club!!! You seem to be advocating that if we’re not saying only positive things then we’re being critical of C&K / DC!

I’m a season ticket holder, go the odd localish away game (family and all) and do buy club merchandise. As I’ve said, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t go up and will see it as a missed opportunity, but I’ll be there again next year. 

I have an opinion, and just because it doesn’t fit with the narrative, doesn’t make it any less valid.

And it goes without saying that DC has my very best wishes in dealing his family bereavement.

3 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, Beech said:

And this is the Port Vale mentality. If you criticise any aspect of performances you're just labelled a "moaner".
Today was far from a disaster and a point is decent. But there's been a noticable lack of quality going forward that goes far beyond just this game.

Take Gibbo, Conlon Proctor and Wilson out of any 11 in this league and they'd look a lot worse offensively. Lo and behold, Wilson coming back has 'coincided' with an upturn in form. Get Proctor and the other 2 back and I'm pretty certain the offensive problem will miraculously resolve itself.

True. I just think we're still capable of more than we are generally showing as an attacking force with who we still have out there. Proctor makes a huge difference though in that he brings others into the game and also holds up the ball well enough to allow our full backs to push forward, so hopefully we start scoring goals again.

8 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t really know what the nitpicking is you refer to. But I feel you are failing to disentangle what goes on on the pitch from the boardroom.

Because I may have reservations about, say, the style of football / tactics / signings / or even a less optimistic view on where we’ll finish, and I share on a public supporters forum, it doesn’t mean I’m not supportive of the club!!! You seem to be advocating that if we’re not saying only positive things then we’re being critical of C&K / DC!

I’m a season ticket holder, go the odd localish away game (family and all) and do buy club merchandise. As I’ve said, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t go up and will see it as a missed opportunity, but I’ll be there again next year. 

I have an opinion, and just because it doesn’t fit with the narrative, doesn’t make it any less valid.

And it goes without saying that DC has my very best wishes in dealing his family bereavement.

Not what I’m saying at all… have tried 3 times to explain. Feels like wasted effort at this point so I won’t try a fourth.

As you say, you have your opinion about timelines for success which is fair enough.

Try and enjoy the vast vast improvement in the club and try not to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen immediately.

UTV

Promotion may take time, ultimately there are 23 other clubs after the same thing and only 4 go up, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Chances are more towards us not going up this season from this position than will. Even if we make the top 7 it’s only a 1 in 4 chance.

BUT:

Let’s enjoy the ride and see what happens… for many seasons bar 19/20 we’ve been on a ride clinging on hoping to avoid relegation and losing our EFL status. This season we have the quality but have been hit with rotten luck with injuries, Covid and weather postponements.

Seeing all the comments from players, staff and fans of the club after yesterday with the unity being shown to DC makes me extremely proud of this football club and a couple of years ago that seemed a million miles away. If we don’t go up this season I am massively confident next season we will be challenging again and this will be a great building block, if we do go up I’m confident we will invest wisely to try and push further.

Ultimately it’s about hope… I have it now, we all should have it now… back to V2001 or Smurf days let’s be honest we really didn’t have that. Let’s enjoy this special club we have and success will come… it may just take time but the longer the journey the more fun we can have on the way.

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Promotion may take time, ultimately there are 23 other clubs after the same thing and only 4 go up, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Chances are more towards us not going up this season from this position than will. Even if we make the top 7 it’s only a 1 in 4 chance.

BUT:

Let’s enjoy the ride and see what happens… for many seasons bar 19/20 we’ve been on a ride clinging on hoping to avoid relegation and losing our EFL status. This season we have the quality but have been hit with rotten luck with injuries, Covid and weather postponements.

Seeing all the comments from players, staff and fans of the club after yesterday with the unity being shown to DC makes me extremely proud of this football club and a couple of years ago that seemed a million miles away. If we don’t go up this season I am massively confident next season we will be challenging again and this will be a great building block, if we do go up I’m confident we will invest wisely to try and push further.

Ultimately it’s about hope… I have it now, we all should have it now… back to V2001 or Smurf days let’s be honest we really didn’t have that. Let’s enjoy this special club we have and success will come… it may just take time but the longer the journey the more fun we can have on the way.

I know what your saying but also on the other hand we could we’ll lose gibbons conlon and proctor if he stays fit in the summer then next season we’ll get “ we’ll what do you expect when we’ve lost our best 3 players “ the days of building a team over 3/4 seasons has long gone with the Bosman ruling so as somebody said on here this could well be a missed opportunity this season 

I know what your saying but also on the other hand we could we’ll lose gibbons conlon and proctor if he stays fit in the summer then next season we’ll get “ we’ll what do you expect when we’ve lost our best 3 players “ the days of building a team over 3/4 seasons has long gone with the Bosman ruling so as somebody said on here this could well be a missed opportunity this season 

Big difference this time is though you know we would go out and invest or look to try and adequately replace any of these players rather than sign a cheap replacement that weakens us.

Think Procs would stay, Conlon would make us good money if he went to reinvest (and I trust they would).

23 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. But you’ll never know as I don’t tend to visit Happy Clappy Land that often, I live in the real world!

How can  anyone be a happy clapper when we now have a club to be proud of ,don’t think that phrase really applies anymore . However saying that , I’ve been a very happy clapper this season , when we had  run of ten wins in twelve games, when we beat Accrington in the cup ,away at Burton too , even yesterday and a 94 th minute equaliser made me a very happy clapper . YOU however have probably been your miserable self ,moaning and whinging about anything in those games.  It seems hard for you to actually support what we have now at our club , you’ve probably moaned that much over the years , moaning is now your way of life.

Archived