onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

First task was to steady the ship and finances, then decide how to run the club, at the same time keeping us in the FL. Fortunately Flinty came on the scene to chart a path. For a change  we have  spent the season looking upwards,  with a good wind we may reach L1, if not we will be in a better position next season to do do. Not fair to count seasons under a different rule.

100%

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This sentence alone shows me you don’t get it.

My proof of success has a far different timeline… but enjoy the rest of this season… i get how vitally important it is to you.

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) aspire for something a bit better.

14 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

We could argue about this until the cows come home but we’ll see who’s right at the end of the season and I’d absolutely love to be proved wrong.

This is the worst kind of statement in my opinion,  go up and you celebrate, fail to go up and you celebrate and say I told you so, heads you win tails you win, that's Rampant Zebras mantra as well.

On a night when the club is pulling together in adversity I find it sad you can passively criticise C&K and also DC.  

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) aspire for something a bit better.

Good to see we want the same things.

My 15 month old wants thing “now now now” too. 

He will hopefully grow out of it! 

All good fun. UTV.

Despite us creating very little and conceding early in the second half I still think it was a deserved point. We controlled big parts of the game, but it’s plain as day that we need Conlon, Proctor and wing backs that can get behind for us to be more creative. No doubt the turning point was the subs, they all made a difference. Proctors hold up play and strength around the box saw the ball sticking and us being able to get things going, Amoo was more physical and I felt posed more of a threat than Cooper, whilst Gibbo produced 3 or 4 great deliveries, one of which was the assist and let’s not forget that he completely took their goal scorer out of the game with an unbelievable tackle. Their were plenty of quiet performances from the rest of the team, but credit to the management for changing things up and giving us that spark with the subs. 

My biggest concern I took from the game was how ropey did Holy look with some of their efforts on goal? 

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Despite us creating very little and conceding early in the second half I still think it was a deserved point. We controlled big parts of the game, but it’s plain as day that we need Conlon, Proctor and wing backs that can get behind for us to be more creative. No doubt the turning point was the subs, they all made a difference. Proctors hold up play and strength around the box saw the ball sticking and us being able to get things going, Amoo was more physical and I felt posed more of a threat than Cooper, whilst Gibbo produced 3 or 4 great deliveries, one of which was the assist and let’s not forget that he completely took their goal scorer out of the game with an unbelievable tackle. Their were plenty of quiet performances from the rest of the team, but credit to the management for changing things up and giving us that spark with the subs. 

My biggest concern I took from the game was how ropey did Holy look with some of their efforts on goal? 

I wonder how much the wind was a factor in some of Holys handling

38 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Just as a matter of interest when was your most satisfying, rewarding and fulfilling period of time supporting our club? 

This wasn't targetted at me, but I can't resist in saying the 95-96 season was the most fulfilling for me. Two wins over sjoke (costing them dearly), kocking the FA cup winners out of the FA Cup on a brilliant night at Vale Park, playing great football with two fine wingers (loved John McCarthy). 

I occasionally like to look back at old division tables to see where clubs were then and are now. For example from 95-96 looking at their positions then and seeing what has gone on since

Fulham were then mid table league 2 - look what a chairman with cash can do

Wigan are set for another season in league 2 - look at what a rich chairman who loves the club can do

Burnley lower half of league 1 - look at what a well run club with a decent manager can do

Accrington aren't in the league - again well run and decent manager (although still not forgotten his comments after the FA cup game)

Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Burton, are all on the non-league and have since gone past us.

On the other side of the coin

Chesterfield, Wrexham, Stockport - all just missed out on the playoffs for the Championship  - shows what can happen to badly managed/asset stripped clubs

17-18th in the Championship are Grimsby and Oldham  - badly run clubs drop

Lastly, and one that I would happily emulate

14th in League 1 Bournemouth - another example of a well run and well managed club.

There are many other clubs on the league 2 that season who have now dropped well out of the league, Hereford, Torquay, Scarborough, Chester, Barnet and of course Bury. I think of these and I am very thankful of the rescue mission that is currently going on at Vale Park.

We are desperate for success, but just becuase the pieces seem to be in place doesn't mean that everyone is going to roll over and let it happen. It may take time, but what we have right now is excellent - REALLY EXCELLENT. Best I have ever known. Better even than Rudge, who had to deal with Bell (who wasn't bad but I would not have him over Carol).

Like some others on here my sights are on how good this could be for several seasons ahead. This is not a roll the dice gamble season, its another big step up. For me the future is bright.

Keep the faith

7 minutes ago, blackdog said:

This is the worst kind of statement in my opinion,  go up and you celebrate, fail to go up and you celebrate and say I told you so, heads you win tails you win, that's Rampant Zebras mantra as well.

On a night when the club is pulling together in adversity I find it sad you can passively criticise C&K and also DC.  

Jeez. This is getting a bit boring now. I’m glad you’ve managed to find something in my posts to be offended by. Hopefully that’s made your evening. No criticism of anyone - passively or otherwise - because hey, it’s not like we’re fighting relegation, which for some is seen as some barometer for success.  

25 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You enjoy another 146 years of largely bumbling around in the lower leagues while I (and hopefully Carol, Kevin and a few others) 

For absolutely clarity this is what I think will happen if we write off things that are clearly improving the club because they dont get immediate success.

Have patience 

Im also willing to bet that Carol and Kevin agree with me

UTV

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Jeez. This is getting a bit boring now. I’m glad you’ve managed to find something in my posts to be offended by. Hopefully that’s made your evening. No criticism of anyone - passively or otherwise - because hey, it’s not like we’re fighting relegation, which for some is seen as some barometer for success.  

I’m not sure people are offended… Just perplexed as to why you would write something off because it doesn’t give success NOW NOW NOOOOOOOW!! 

Or worse… before we even know whether it’s been an instant success or not 😂

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not writing anything off!!!! I’m merely saying I don’t think we’ll go up this year. That is it!!! 

Its not in our favour at the moment. But play offs are well within our sights, and I still feel that one of the automatics is up for grabs... 

Still time.

15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

For absolutely clarity this is what I think will happen if we write off things that are clearly improving the club because they dont get immediate success.

Have patience 

Im also willing to bet that Carol and Kevin agree with me

UTV

So when are we aiming for promotion 2026 or a bit later 

Its not in our favour at the moment. But play offs are well within our sights, and I still feel that one of the automatics is up for grabs... 
Still time.

It’s still possible so have to aim for it, only takes a crazy run like the 25 points from 27 last season and things are there for you. Look at Mansfield for example this season.

Archived