onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

43 minutes ago, robf said:

The weather's pretty grim here in the SE "red zone" :rain: - anyone a bit closer to the stadium have any comments on the chances of the game going ahead / being called off? 

The North is missing the worst of it so far. You’d struggle to fly a kite up here. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

As much as I'd like to be there and give Smurthwaite some cathartic strong words (which I've done numerous times in the past), I feel that's what he's in attendance for: attention.

I had a bit of correspondence with him during the B&G days and he's a textbook attention seeker/narcissist. He loves the idea that Port Vale fans still think about him, hence his sporadic lurking on here. He'll revel in hearing his name. Attention at all costs. There's very little depth to the man beyond profit and 'look at me!'. Giving him stick on Saturday might feel great but achieves nothing bar stroking the ego of a fella who came within weeks of seeing us liquidate.

As high-horsey and boring as it sounds, the absolute worst-case scenario for Smurthwaite on Saturday is complete indifference; a fanbase who has moved on and forgotten him, and is much happier with better owners, casting his dark tenure into the recesses of memory. A win and a chant of Carol's name would wound him deeply; giving him (deserved) dog's abuse is what he's looking for and is the precise thing he's hoping to hear.

Just like some attention seekers on this site, they do it to get a reaction. Just ignore the guy and don't give him the satisfaction, we are better than that. As you say, the mere outpouring of support for Carol speaks volumes.

Let's  hope it's ON think pay on the day with not selling out last 300 is what folk have decided,after Salford a very sensible decision with weather how it is .

Team well I wonder if Crosby will choose a attacking line up we really need to show up tomorrow there's so many reasons the main is for DC and CS .

The motivation from our squad for this game should be sky high .

Enjoy the game travelling Vale fans and hope the weather is not too bad 

UTV 

30 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Just like some attention seekers on this site, they do it to get a reaction. Just ignore the guy and don't give him the satisfaction, we are better than that. As you say, the mere outpouring of support for Carol speaks volumes.

Exactly. Back the lads and back DC ignore that vermin. The more songs for carol and co the better. 

57 minutes ago, MBE said:

IF the game is tomorrow I think 1 goal wins this game. Lets hope its us!

I think we are more than capable of doing a Forest Green .

If spearing his out he is there best player along with Clark how olds he (is he 37 ) put Harratt on and stretch his legs .

If Hartlepool and Walsall can beat them then so can we .

It's how we set up will determine the  performance play as we did second half v Brentford (going forwards ) first half V Salford and Forest Green then unless there goalie is superman we will score .

I'd like see Cooper put on his direct running and go for it v his opponent could be the missing link to our final 18 game promotion push , people will say he as only played 20 mins in his Vale career so far however as soon as he come on v Carlisle he as trapped a ball superbly ran at his man beat three players by the corner flag and even though I watched the game on ifollow gave me out the 90 i saw something special , WOW I want to see more of this lad instead of flogging Hussey and Worrall to death  stick this delightful go for it player ON,Crosby should  if he is brave enough play to our strengths and not worry too much about theres I see a away win by 2 clear goals .

Hopefully the following has a lot to sing about. 

UTV 

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I think we are more than capable of doing a Forest Green .

If spearing his out he is there best player along with Clark how olds he (is he 37 ) put Harratt on and stretch his legs .

If Hartlepool and Walsall can beat them then so can we .

It's how we set up will determine the  performance play as we did second half v Brentford (going forwards ) first half V Salford and Forest Green then unless there goalie is superman we will score .

I'd like see Cooper put on his direct running and go for it v his opponent could be the missing link to our final 18 game promotion push , people will say he as only played 20 mins in his Vale career so far however as soon as he come on v Carlisle he as trapped a ball superbly ran at his man beat three players by the corner flag and even though I watched the game on ifollow gave me out the 90 i saw something special , WOW I want to see more of this lad instead of flogging Hussey and Worrall to death  stick this delightful go for it player ON,Crosby should  if he is brave enough play to our strengths and not worry too much about theres I see a away win by 2 clear goals .

Hopefully the following has a lot to sing about. 

UTV 

I expect it will be more of the same from Saturday. Keep it tight and try to nick a goal, it’s a must not loose game rather must win. 

Can’t see us playing any other way unless DC/AC have identified a specific weakness to exploit. 

Let’s hope the boys put in a performance for the gaffer.

Archived