onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

16 hours ago, dishydave said:
17 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:
Just read on Twitter Norm is sponsoring the game, any truth in this?

He sure is

Excuse my ignorance on this, but has Norman a direct connection with the Tranmere club, or is it just him out to antagnise PV and its supporters?

Advert

28 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Excuse my ignorance on this, but has Norman a direct connection with the Tranmere club, or is it just him out to antagnise PV and its supporters?

I'd suggest both. There's an ex staff member of ours who works for them who I believe Norm knows well. Ironically Bratt and mates usually rock up here too.

What a sad, pathetic man Smurfwaite is. I could accept him sponsoring a Vale home game and trying to make amends but this is clearly a wind up. 

Still, if he is there it will be brilliant to dust off the old anti Smurfwaite chants, some of those are brilliant. Used to love bellowing Norman Smurfwaite is a winker (a for an I) especially at away trips like Stevenage when he was sitting nearby! 

7 minutes ago, Mario said:

I'm surprised at Tranmere lack of respect to visiting club in my opinion

Is there dodgy ex owner Bruce Osterman still alive? Nearly bankrupted them in the 80s. 

We could invite him next year! 

Maybe a trend could be started of opposing clubs letting disgraced owners of club’s opponents sponsoring games. 

2 minutes ago, robf said:

The weather's pretty grim here in the SE "red zone" :rain: - anyone a bit closer to the stadium have any comments on the chances of the game going ahead / being called off? 

I'm not too far away and gut feel is that it'll be on - the main weather issues today are wind rather than significant rain, Tranmeres pitch is a good one and weather doesn't look dangerous enough tommorrow to warrant calling it off.

Its good that you can pay at the Turnstiles though because it makes the risk balance a lot easier to get right -I'll look out of the window before setting off tomorrow!

As much as I'd like to be there and give Smurthwaite some cathartic strong words (which I've done numerous times in the past), I feel that's what he's in attendance for: attention.

I had a bit of correspondence with him during the B&G days and he's a textbook attention seeker/narcissist. He loves the idea that Port Vale fans still think about him, hence his sporadic lurking on here. He'll revel in hearing his name. Attention at all costs. There's very little depth to the man beyond profit and 'look at me!'. Giving him stick on Saturday might feel great but achieves nothing bar stroking the ego of a fella who came within weeks of seeing us liquidate.

As high-horsey and boring as it sounds, the absolute worst-case scenario for Smurthwaite on Saturday is complete indifference; a fanbase who has moved on and forgotten him, and is much happier with better owners, casting his dark tenure into the recesses of memory. A win and a chant of Carol's name would wound him deeply; giving him (deserved) dog's abuse is what he's looking for and is the precise thing he's hoping to hear.

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Ironically Bratt and mates usually rock up here too.

I was thinking that. Bratt et al rocked up in 2013 in the Chris Lines free kick game. Guest of Graham Mudie apparently.

The symmetry seems odd. Maybe it’s handy for the ferry to Douglas? ….

26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

As much as I'd like to be there and give Smurthwaite some cathartic strong words (which I've done numerous times in the past), I feel that's what he's in attendance for: attention.

I had a bit of correspondence with him during the B&G days and he's a textbook attention seeker/narcissist. He loves the idea that Port Vale fans still think about him, hence his sporadic lurking on here. He'll revel in hearing his name. Attention at all costs. There's very little depth to the man beyond profit and 'look at me!'. Giving him stick on Saturday might feel great but achieves nothing bar stroking the ego of a fella who came within weeks of seeing us liquidate.

As high-horsey and boring as it sounds, the absolute worst-case scenario for Smurthwaite on Saturday is complete indifference; a fanbase who has moved on and forgotten him, and is much happier with better owners, casting his dark tenure into the recesses of memory. A win and a chant of Carol's name would wound him deeply; giving him (deserved) dog's abuse is what he's looking for and is the precise thing he's hoping to hear.

A quick chorus of “Who the ****** hell are you”,I think would suffice followed by a continual alternating of “Carol Shanaghan’s/Darrell Clarke’s Black and White Army”.

Archived