• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert:

3 hours ago, geoff1 said:

i watched him in pre match warm up last week, he did his own warm up and did not work as hard as the others did  he certainly did not follow the team warm up.😑

Good to know we’ve got some fans that have such experience in football analysis that they can determine what a players mindset is just from the warm up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dan Jones as a footballer at league 2, and his long throw is still a big weapon in the season. A very good squad player, sure he will get his opportunities this season still.

I genuinely think some fans get jealous of professional footballers. I recon it’s cus he has bleached blonde hair, that automatically means some 60 plus year old vale fan can go ‘yeah well he’s a bit of a clown him, get rid’.

Mad

• Like 5

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Best way to catch them up is to play them and beat them. Mansfield might cause us issues can’t see Sutton or Exeter doing so

Yeah out of all of them, Mansfield worry me the most

Advert:

Mmmmm would have been great stick with the midweek team. Feel bit sorry for Edmondson 

I can see the logic. These are set piece kings so want the big lads at the back to deal with it. Probably why Edmundson is also in for Harratt.

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, Hoppers said:
Mmmmm would have been great stick with the midweek team. Feel bit sorry for Edmondson 

Harratts been dropped not Edmondson. Got overexcited when I saw Proctor on the bench! Sorry!

😁😁😁😁😁😁👍👍👍👍👍👍

11 that I would have gone with personally, just for their set plays. I know we shouldn’t worry about other sides but it makes sense. Great to have Proctor back but I hope we don’t need him today!

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

Bit of a must win game to keep up with the teams above us.  Even with games in hand we need the points.

Todays game will be a hard fought match.  Be great if we play like we did the other night.  Great effort from all the players. 

6 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Can’t make it today unfortunately, can anyone tell me who’s on commentary? Just deciding whether to buy an audio pass or not, if Sproson’s on I might give it a miss.

Looks like its Adam Yates doing it.  At least it will be listenable and not a agent slagging off players not on his books.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Sounds like we need our midfield and defenders awake today.  They sound like a side who can break quickly and through the Middle with Hoskins.

Come on Vale, put the chances away today please.