• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:
I know seasons aren't won or lost in one game but for me this game is massive today considering where they are in the league and the games we have in hand on them.

There are lots of massive games, we may well have the most of any club, a spreadsheet of the remaining fixtures of the current top 10 teams would identify them if anyone has the time.

Advert:

Just looking at the squad for today and wondering how Conlon and Gibbons going get back in as we have found with D JONES who is tremendous by the way your not guaranteed anything in this game you have to perform or you are out and its great he is creating a hungry squad full of players whowant the shirt .

Martins being excellent but has he lost his shirt to Walker etc .

I'd normally want Proctor in the  team but the front lads are putting a shift in so even though I think Proctor is quality Edmondson has played his way into the starting XL and his work his overall excellent as is Harratts work .

Happy Birthday to Ben Garrity .

Get behind tge team that's our job our only job let's hope collectively we do it all afternoon  

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

There are lots of massive games, we may well have the most of any club, a spreadsheet of the remaining fixtures of the current top 10 teams would identify them if anyone has the time.

Mansfield have got loads of away games including Us, Tranmere and FGR (twice).

Northampton after today have a relatively nice run in.

By the end of next week we will have played FGR, Swindon, Tranmere and Northampton twice and have already been away to Mansfield and Sutton (although we are as good away as at home)

We do have Exeter twice though.

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Apologies, as no doubt this has already been mentioned somewhere, and I know Darrell has conditioned players, staff, journalists and supporters that we only look as far as the next game, but in within the space of 11 days mid to late march, we play Mansfield, Exeter and Sutton all at home  😂😂😂

Best way to catch them up is to play them and beat them. Mansfield might cause us issues can’t see Sutton or Exeter doing so

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Just looking at the squad for today and wondering how Conlon and Gibbons going get back in as we have found with D JONES who is tremendous by the way your not guaranteed anything in this game you have to perform or you are out and its great he is creating a hungry squad full of players whowant the shirt .

Martins being excellent but has he lost his shirt to Walker etc .

I'd normally want Proctor in the  team but the front lads are putting a shift in so even though I think Proctor is quality Edmondson has played his way into the starting XL and his work his overall excellent as is Harratts work .

Happy Birthday to Ben Garrity .

Get behind tge team that's our job our only job let's hope collectively we do it all afternoon  

UTV 

What a great problem to have......all those selection options for DC!

• Like 1

I don’t rate Jones at all, keeps getting out of position, Northampton, Bradford, Newport, Bristol, Accrington..complete liability..get rid as we have better now with Hussey and Hall but be careful about rushing Conlon and Gibbons because they have to be treated carefully

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I don’t rate Jones at all, keeps getting out of position, Northampton, Bradford, Newport, Bristol, Accrington..complete liability..get rid as we have better now with Hussey and Hall but be careful about rushing Conlon and Gibbons because they have to be treated carefully

Jones has been excellent. Up until the Bradford player he was arguably our best player. Certainly shouldn’t just get rid. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

i watched him in pre match warm up last week, he did his own warm up and did not work as hard as the others did  he certainly did not follow the team warm up.😑

We were pretty dire and on the opener, didn’t adapt to our own system and the game was over after the sending off - and we still looked good for a point! No fear against anyone in this league. I do think if we focus on ourselves and get our own house in order, our players going at it like they can, very few teams can handle us.

24 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

i watched him in pre match warm up last week, he did his own warm up and did not work as hard as the others did  he certainly did not follow the team warm up.😑

I noticed that as well, if they were doing three sets he would do two.

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Gale force winds down here in Warwickshire--if it's the same up there I hope it doesn't spoil a potentially cracking game. 

It’s very very windy in Boslem.

Advert:

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Mansfield have got loads of away games including Us, Tranmere and FGR (twice).

Northampton after today have a relatively nice run in.

By the end of next week we will have played FGR, Swindon, Tranmere and Northampton twice and have already been away to Mansfield and Sutton (although we are as good away as at home)

We do have Exeter twice though.

Mansfield play away at FGR twice ? No wonder FGR are so far clear 😀